Game Day Ports vs Coasters

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like us to trade Boak at the end of this year.

I'm over his fumbles, disgraceful kicking and dumb decisions.

I know he's our captain and we would likely never trade him but the guy is a liability and has been for near on 2 years now.

Ken would of been a great head coach in the 90s. Good assistant but that's where it ends unfortunately. He has a decent plan A that looks incredible when it works but absolutely no plan B. It's so predictable. Gray moves into the centre, we kick long, kickouts long to packs , wait for Dixon... Kick long to a open paddock, turn over, rebounded goal. We don't have the players to pinpoint passes in a zone like West Coast did. Dropping Amon who actually has a decent leg on him for a scratchy half fit Boak was another one lost at selection. The game was literally groundhog day from the last 3 games we've played West Coast. Learnt nothing.

The worry is Ken doesn't recognize this and in his presser was basically qouted to saying as oh well if we get this many inside 50s we'll win eventually. Sort out your forward line. We should of gone small as traditionally West Coast defense falls apart against smalls

Last edited:
He's handballing quite often to stationary teammates with an opponent up their clacker too. Has just lost his feel for the game and what it needs from him.
There was one play that impey made a run gave it to Boak and if Boak had any awareness he turned and gave it to ebert who was off but no. Boak handballed it back to Impey who got crunched. Awarenesss skipper where the bloody hell is it??

What the hell is with Boaks penchant for kicking sideways or backwards? Even missing the target kicking backwards. He makes such stupid decisions now. The only time I notice him is when he overruns a contest, misses a tackle, fumbles or otherwise makes a clanger. Kicks nice goals up forward occasionally but gee. Boaks best is well behind him.

I wonder what the root cause is. His entire mentality has changed. Devils advocate, he hasn't been the same player since his long term girlfriend bailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back