Game Day Ports vs Crers

Remove this Banner Ad

"We're scared. There's going to be 10,000 Adelaide fans at the game that think we're not good enough. You know what? Maybe we ain't."

"All of you feel like that? For 147 years in this state, the Port fan has been spit upon, kicked, dragged through the mud...but there are two things I can tell you. Number one: Win or lose, we're going to play finals. And number two...pfft, we're going to win! It's just that plain and ******* simple! We're going to win!"

"But that forward line has Eddy Betts..."

"What game are we playing?"

"Football."

"Who is their best two midfielders?"

"Sloane and Crouch?"

"Exactly! We've got Gray, Powell-Pepper, Wines, Ebert...they've got Sloane and Crouch...this is football...am I speaking ******* Chinese? I mean come on people, our percentage is over 180%!"

"But that was against two contested teams..."

"That's the point! We're going to kill these front runners! As long as we're out on the field, we're going to score more points than them. That's just the way football works!"

"But look at their forward structure..."

"Forward structure?! It doesn't matter! It's all the same when you're some plodder midfield that has to rely on smoke and mirrors with endurance running to make out like they have speed. Speaking of endurance - Ebert...come up here Ebert....tell them, what is your beep test?"

"I don't know...16...maybe 17..."

"17? Three quarters of them wouldn't even reach 14!"

*Adelaide fans walk in*

"Well, well, well...you Poort fans going to play football or what? What's the matter, did you realise you don't belong in finals after all?"

"That's right. Finals are for good, honest Adelaide fans. Not for Poort fans! You hearing me, Poorts! We fly as one! We fly as one!"

*They continue chanting as they leave*

"Man Janus, they look tough!"

"Ooh I'm so scared! One of their players might bounce the ball all the way up the field and then kick the ball to their half forward line...and you know what's going to happen then? Jonas is going to spoil that s**t, handpass to Hartlett and he's going to ram the ball 60m right down Dixon's mother******* throat! How many times do I have to tell you - their midfield is crap, ours is good...this ain't rugby!"

"Guys...I think what Janus is trying to say is the key word is structure!"

"No! The key word is their mids are crap, ours are not!"

"So you're saying if we just trust in the work we've done over preseason..."

"Preseason?! We almost beat these clowns with 8 players out last year, and one of those players was Hombsch! Our defensive shape is better. We've got Powell-Pepper and ******* Ryder!"

*Someone starts a slow clap*

"Cut that slow clap bullshit out! It tries my mother******* patience! Go out there and believe we'll win!"

The good thing with being a 4hr a night sleeper is that I get to think about things, a lot.

That said, I think we can win this one and win well. We've got more talent across the park.

Losing 4 out of the last 5 showdowns doesn't sit well with me, fire up lads.

Just had an over arching feeling out of no where that CHAD ******* WINGARD is gonna go *ing bang today! Book him in for the showdown medal...its time for this state, ney this country to know who the best small forward in the comp is, not that smug ****** looking mother ******!!!

"We're scared. There's going to be 10,000 Adelaide fans at the game that think we're not good enough. You know what? Maybe we ain't."

"All of you feel like that? For 147 years in this state, the Port fan has been spit upon, kicked, dragged through the mud...but there are two things I can tell you. Number one: Win or lose, we're going to play finals. And number two...pfft, we're going to win! It's just that plain and ******* simple! We're going to win!"

"But that forward line has Eddy Betts..."

"What game are we playing?"

"Football."

"Who is their best two midfielders?"

"Sloane and Crouch?"

"Exactly! We've got Gray, Powell-Pepper, Wines, Ebert...they've got Sloane and Crouch...this is football...am I speaking ******* Chinese? I mean come on people, our percentage is over 180%!"

"But that was against two contested teams..."

"That's the point! We're going to kill these front runners! As long as we're out on the field, we're going to score more points than them. That's just the way football works!"

"But look at their forward structure..."

"Forward structure?! It doesn't matter! It's all the same when you're some plodder midfield that has to rely on smoke and mirrors with endurance running to make out like they have speed. Speaking of endurance - Ebert...come up here Ebert....tell them, what is your beep test?"

"I don't know...16...maybe 17..."

"17? Three quarters of them wouldn't even reach 14!"

*Adelaide fans walk in*

"Well, well, well...you Poort fans going to play football or what? What's the matter, did you realise you don't belong in finals after all?"

"That's right. Finals are for good, honest Adelaide fans. Not for Poort fans! You hearing me, Poorts! We fly as one! We fly as one!"

*They continue chanting as they leave*

"Man Janus, they look tough!"

"Ooh I'm so scared! One of their players might bounce the ball all the way up the field and then kick the ball to their half forward line...and you know what's going to happen then? Jonas is going to spoil that s**t, handpass to Hartlett and he's going to ram the ball 60m right down Dixon's mother******* throat! How many times do I have to tell you - their midfield is crap, ours is good...this ain't rugby!"

"Guys...I think what Janus is trying to say is the key word is structure!"

"No! The key word is their mids are crap, ours are not!"

"So you're saying if we just trust in the work we've done over preseason..."

"Preseason?! We almost beat these clowns with 8 players out last year, and one of those players was Hombsch! Our defensive shape is better. We've got Powell-Pepper and ******* Ryder!"

*Someone starts a slow clap*

"Cut that slow clap bullshit out! It tries my mother******* patience! Go out there and believe we'll win!"

Yeah but who are you tipping?

:D

I've felt similarly regarding this game (for some time) as I did prior to the Swans game. Bring that same game and nervous as I might be, I believe we can win.

Since the last time we met:

Adelaide

Out: Jenkins, Lyons, B. Crouch, Thompson
In: Otten, Milera, Hampton, Knight

Port Adelaide

Out: Pittard, Palmer, Neade, O'Shea, Lobbe, Krakouer, Toumpas, Schulz
In: Wingard, Ryder, Hartlett, Powell-Pepper, Eddy, Dixon, Houston, Jonas

I mean, come onnnnnnn.

EDIT: How the * did I forget Powell-Pepper and Schulz?

Last edited:
I agree with Janus. We got this. Crows over rated and their list is mediocre. Their performances have been inflated due to 3 players - Betts Sloane and Jacobs. Today you will see port rag doll them. If Ken and co coach well we will win by 5 goals. As I have no doubt the players are ready and will be intense, tough and hard at the contest.

Bog and medal Wines
Wingard 4 goals
SPP 23 possessions, 14 contested and 1 goal
Ryder pants Jacobs

It's a simple as this. The team that want's it more will win.
How bad do you want it lads?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide

Port Adelaide

Out: Pittard, Palmer, Neade, O'Shea, Lobbe, Krakouer, Toumpas
In: Wingard, Ryder, Hartlett, Eddy, Dixon, Houston, Jonas

I mean, come onnnnnnn.
From those changes Adelaide are slightly down overall.
However, our changes................wow, 5 of those outs are not in our top 30 players..................two won't play AFL again!

I just hope that SPP doesn't do anything silly, genuine white line fever. Love him!

Super excited for this. First game of the year I'm able to get to!
All the "experts" are tipping against us which makes me think we got this.
Our midfield to smash the s**t out of theirs.
The crers haven't been challenged for quarters this year and their about to see what a team lead by Ryder in the ruck can do.

Ps Can't wait to see SPP in the flesh.

Adelaide

Port Adelaide

Out: Pittard, Palmer, Neade, O'Shea, Lobbe, Krakouer, Toumpas
In: Wingard, Ryder, Hartlett, Eddy, Dixon, Houston, Jonas

I mean, come onnnnnnn.
This. Plus the marked improvement in our game style from the last time we played them. Ports by 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Back