Game Day Ports vs Essington #SackHinkley

Harro59

Team Captain
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ladhams. Geez he was bloody good. Glad he's getting games, I reckon Ryder is done and likely partnership of Lycett and Ladhams looks to be the future.

The forward line structure seemed better because there actually was a structure. We must keep Marshall and Dixon playing together. It clearly brings the smaller forwards into the game by not allowing a the opposition's tall defenders to drop off and intercept the forward entries.

Ryder is not a key forward and looks to have lost his spring and leap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steve Dore

International Trade Facilitator
Aug 30, 2004
a three hour tour.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Canadiens, Ports
on replay why does it look Smokey on outer wing?
Essington run on to pyrotechnics like we do at AO. With the roof closed it took quite a while to vent the smoke.

Typing "Essington" made me realise that I have actually been to Port Essington NT. Fittingly all that's left is ruins.

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ladhams. Geez he was bloody good. Glad he's getting games, I reckon Ryder is done and likely partnership of Lycett and Ladhams looks to be the future.

The forward line structure seemed better because there actually was a structure. We must keep Marshall and Dixon playing together. It clearly brings the smaller forwards into the game by not allowing a the opposition's tall defenders to drop off and intercept the forward entries.

Ryder is not a key forward and looks to have lost his spring and leap.
As good as Ladhams has been in his early games, I'm on the same page as cookieboy re Hayes, who has so much upside ( no pressure ;) ) that he could be the best ruckman we have had for a very long time.

I'm looking forward to seeing them work in tandem at afl level.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
Ladhams and Hayes should be our ruck combo going forward from next year on. Both so far above others on the list.

dirty2

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2016
Turn left spin around 36 times and your there.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Ladhams and Hayes should be our ruck combo going forward from next year on. Both so far above others on the list.
If lycett gets a medium/long term injury at some stage this will open the door... for both hayes and ladhams.. and lycett might struggle to get past them if ladhams and hayes continue developing like I hope.

*not wishing injury on lycett at all.
And more then happy with lycett since joining us.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
If lycett gets a medium/long term injury at some stage this will open the door... for both hayes and ladhams.. and lycett might struggle to get past them if ladhams and hayes continue developing like I hope.

*not wishing injury on lycett at all.
And more then happy with lycett since joining us.
They're only young, but ladhams and Hayes are far superior footballers.

Schulzenfest

TheBrownDog
Feb 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
They're only young, but ladhams and Hayes are far superior footballers.
I like how people make bold, definite statements like this off of the back of three games for Ladhams and zero for Hayes.

Both have talent, but for all we know they'll never be as good at AFL level as Lycett already is, let alone be 'far superior'. To say they're already 'far superior' is just silly.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I like how people make bold, definite statements like this off of the back of three games for Ladhams and zero for Hayes.

Both have talent, but for all we know they'll never be as good at AFL level as Lycett already is, let alone be 'far superior'. To say they're already 'far superior' is just silly.
Bold call.. Yes.. But they are, I'm very confident.
I also like what Lycett brings, but these other two are going to be alot better. No doubt about it.

Schulzenfest

TheBrownDog
Feb 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
Bold call.. Yes.. But they are, I'm very confident.
I also like what Lycett brings, but these other two are going to be alot better. No doubt about it.
'Going to be' is one thing. They may well develop into better players in the long run, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were. But they're not yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom