Game Day Ports vs Purple wiggles game day thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

And when we actually played on fast.....like days of yore.... we nearly snatched it back....

Percentage haha

It seems our first quarters are rope and dope like a boxer trying to wear out and feel their opponent...and then we are supposed to take em out later haha

This was a typical Ross Lyons take everyone down to his level game

But really... we have been pedestrian for h last few games...

Hopefully it is the recession er game we had to have..( weak and forlorn line I know.) Grrrrrr

Just so disappointing. Never looked interested until the last 10 minutes.

Our lack of scoring power is killing us. I have hoped for so long that we would get going and kick a decent score but we just are incapable.

They’ve also belted Hawthorn twice, who we lost to & almost/should’ve beat us at home. Of the developing lower tier sides they’re probably the best.

We’re also nowhere near as good as we should & could be, a player as soft as Amon shouldn’t be in anyone’s best 22 let alone a team that is ‘supposed to be’ in finals contention.
Yeah theyre 15th or so while we are pushing for a top 2 spot

Just so disappointing. Never looked interested until the last 10 minutes.

Our lack of scoring power is killing us. I have hoped for so long that we would get going and kick a decent score but we just are incapable.
It would be nice if our big key forward actually took a mark when we needed it inside forward 50. But no, we’re happy because he brings it to ground.

Lost that at selection I reckon.

Had a chance to freshen up the mindset create some buzz and excitement but no let's go Amon.

Magpies game showed there was something wrong either physically or more likely mentally.

We are not that good were we can coast even against the bottom dwellers.

Then again not terminal. Despite the bedwetters the top four is not gone the top eight is not gone.

We don't trust this group and rightly so. That is earnt and we have a loooong way to go.

“Managing him through the year”

Doing a great job at that so far

So many if us have called for another ruck on the rookie list.

This will probably see Farrell come in to play full forward while Dixon rucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgusting! This has been coming for a little bit now just didn’t think it would be this game!

Amon can go!
Hombsch can go!
Need frampton to step up!
Need Farrell in the team!

Thankfully grand finals arnt won in July!

Yeah theyre 15th or so while we are pushing for a top 2 spot
Do you hon estly think we could beat Brisbane right now?

I don't... they are playing quote " an exciting brand of football". ( what they used to say about us)

Do we throw the baby out with the bath water and start throwing caution to the wind and play on at all costs??

Or do we go with what has given us wins over the crows and Richmond etc..

Either way we have to stop looking at our list al la Amon and go with our known proven best now

Lost count of how many times Port had a clear run and the handball or kick overshot the mark for Freo to come away with an easy turnover. There were at least two occasions when Lindsay Thomas was making what should have been an easy pass to put someone on goal and it went to a Freo players advantage by 10 metres. And there was the one in the second quarter when the ball came to him near the goal and instead of turning and having a shot he handballed behind Watts and the ball spilled out of bounds. As with Adelaide, Freo won without Sandilands or Fyfe. We ended up with 17 more disposals than Freo but I'd like to see a stat for effective disposals, Freo would be well on top. The losses of Gray and Ryder compounded things with us unable to use the interchange bench anywhere near as much as Freo did, but we still should have been able to cover that. Our disposal efficiency has been poor all year but it really caught up with us this game, we only had 4 players with a DE above 70%, Freo had 9.

He wasn’t even that bad given his role today, his disposal efficiency was on par with the team (62%) and +60% of his possessions were contested.
He is a leader at the club but things that don't go on the stat sheet show that he is a dumb footballer.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back