Preview Ports vs. Richmond Tiggers

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved Pooley, but he missed a pretty easy set shot in a low scoring game against WCE that we ended up losing by two points. Still more likely to instill fear in the opposition than little Sammy though.

I thought it was a checkside from the boundary? It was 1998 and I was very upset on the car ride home, I remember that much.

I thought it was a checkside from the boundary? It was 1998 and I was very upset on the car ride home, I remember that much.

But Souf Australia invented the checkside punt - he shoulda gobbled it ;)

I was more pissed off by the arsey rebound Ben Cousins got when he kicked into the man on the mark and then skipped around the defender (can't remember who) to kick the winning goal.

I was more pissed off by the arsey rebound Ben Cousins got when he kicked into the man on the mark and then skipped around the defender (can't remember who) to kick the winning goal.

For some reason I thought it was Brayden Lyle but not really confident

Loved Pooley, but he missed a pretty easy set shot in a low scoring game against WCE that we ended up losing by two points. Still more likely to instill fear in the opposition than little Sammy though.

Pretty sure he had massive sight issues? Probably couldn't see the goals. Missed a few from memory. I just loved how tough he played.

I remember that play. For all of Cousins faults, he was bloody good at football

I’ve been through this several times before. The coaches association states that all coaches must be told six months before October 30 if their contract isn’t going to be renewed. That means he would have been renewed at May 30 at the latest...

Its always reported as by 1st August. From July 30 last year

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...saints-assistant-coaches-20180730-p4zufa.html
St Kilda's assistant coaches face a nervous week, with a league-wide informal deadline approaching for coaches off contract this year.

The AFL Coaches Association has implemented an August 1 deadline for clubs to inform assistant coaches on whether they will be signed for the following season. While some coaches have multi-year contracts, many are on year-by-year deals, expiring October 31.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...saints-assistant-coaches-20180730-p4zufa.html

and AFL website 1st August last year

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-01/trio-of-saints-assistants-to-leave-the-club
ST KILDA has informed three assistant coaches they will not be required for 2019 as the club prepares for sweeping changes in its football department. Simon McPhee (senior midfield assistant), Rohan Welsh (senior forward assistant) and Lindsay Gilbee (defensive assistant) have been told to look for new jobs next season.

It comes on the August 1 deadline day, put in place by the AFL Coaches Association, when clubs are told to give assistant coaches an indication on their future.
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-01/trio-of-saints-assistants-to-leave-the-club

Richmond can't win outside Melbourne.

Your form is good. Your injuries would be a worry but Richmond as bad if not worse.

When you have injuries to key forwards, your mids can adapt. But richmond have the two mids that have carried them for years, out.

Umpires may be a problem if it's a close game. Tiggers vfl pin up boys

Think your mob have too many bigger names playing over the Tiges for today. The likes of Westhoff, Rhyder, Gray, Boak, Ebert, Wines. I haven't paid too much attention to Port but interestingly you are running two from last years draft and another who is only into his 4th game today. Richmond playing Jack Ross for his first game and Sydney Stack his 2nd both from last year's draft. I think our undemanned midfield might get overwhelmed the longer the game goes on despite whatever start Richmond get. Think Port will win but I'm hoping to see a much better team performance from my mob. Something resembling much better team cohesion that goes beyond just effort.

Then again, with our big names in we haven't looked good so maybe these forced changes might spark something? If your lot put on a strong surge early and make it count on the scoreboard it could be a huge day for the Power.

Go Tigers!!!

Think your mob have too many bigger names playing over the Tiges for today. The likes of Westhoff, Rhyder, Gray, Boak, Ebert, Wines. I haven't paid too much attention to Port but interestingly you are running two from last years draft and another who is only into his 4th game today. Richmond playing Jack Ross for his first game and Sydney Stack his 2nd both from last year's draft. I think our undemanned midfield might get overwhelmed the longer the game goes on despite whatever start Richmond get. Think Port will win but I'm hoping to see a much better team performance from my mob. Something resembling much better team cohesion that goes beyond just effort.

Then again, with our big names in we haven't looked good so maybe these forced changes might spark something? If your lot put on a strong surge early and make it count on the scoreboard it could be a huge day for the Power.

Go Tigers!!!
3 from last draft, pick #5 Rozee, #12 Butters, #18 Duursma, and yes Drew came from the clouds to debut in round 1 this year. We have some experience, but we also have a lot of youth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its always reported as by 1st August. From July 30 last year

St Kilda's assistant coaches face a nervous week, with a league-wide informal deadline approaching for coaches off contract this year.

The AFL Coaches Association has implemented an August 1 deadline for clubs to inform assistant coaches on whether they will be signed for the following season. While some coaches have multi-year contracts, many are on year-by-year deals, expiring October 31.

and AFL website 1st August last year

ST KILDA has informed three assistant coaches they will not be required for 2019 as the club prepares for sweeping changes in its football department. Simon McPhee (senior midfield assistant), Rohan Welsh (senior forward assistant) and Lindsay Gilbee (defensive assistant) have been told to look for new jobs next season.

It comes on the August 1 deadline day, put in place by the AFL Coaches Association, when clubs are told to give assistant coaches an indication on their future.

That’s assistants. They are more transient and can find jobs easier than a head coach can. And clubs aren’t allowed to talk to them until they’ve been told they won’t be renewed. That’s why Nicks was meeting with GWS at our game last year.

A coach needs to know earlier because if they aren’t being renewed, other clubs need to know they are going to be available at the end of the year and not re-sign assistant coaches that the new coach might not want.

That’s assistants. They are more transient and can find jobs easier than a head coach can. And clubs aren’t allowed to talk to them until they’ve been told they won’t be renewed. That’s why Nicks was meeting with GWS at our game last year.

A coach needs to know earlier because if they aren’t being renewed, other clubs need to know they are going to be available at the end of the year and not re-sign assistant coaches that the new coach might not want.
My bad I misread your post.

im hoping we lose just so another nail is put in Hinkley's coffin, i know its gonna take about 100 nails to see this one through but we have to start somewhere, we cant allow Hinkley to ruin another generation of Port players
i was right again, 1 more nail but we are getting there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back