Preview Ports vs RichmondnomhciR 7.10pm Saturday July 1 Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Useless stat, but this game is a night game on the 1st of July at Adelaide Oval and the last time we played them was a night game on the 1st of July 2016, at Adelaide Oval.

Same date, same venue, same time of day. Now all we need is the same result.
that's freaky man

Useless stat, but this game is a night game on the 1st of July at Adelaide Oval and the last time we played them was a night game on the 1st of July 2016, at Adelaide Oval.

Same date, same venue, same time of day. Now all we need is the same result.
Bring back Kane Mitchell for this game

R Gray 4 goals
Chad and Polec 3 each
S Gray 27 disposals and 2 sausage rolls
Martin 38 posessions
Lloyd 4 goals
Port behind at half time, level at 3/4 time and win by 9 points
Hartlett reported for unduly rough contact
Umpire does a hammy in 3rd qtr
Chappy does lap of honour on back of the pumping fist
Grimes does ACL

R Gray 4 goals
Chad and Polec 3 each
S Gray 27 disposals and 2 sausage rolls
Martin 38 posessions
Lloyd 4 goals
Port behind at half time, level at 3/4 time and win by 9 points
Hartlett reported for unduly rough contact
Umpire does a hammy in 3rd qtr
Chappy does lap of honour on back of the pumping fist
Grimes does ACL

You should take this list to Sportsbet and see what you get on the multi.

I like the idea of unveiling our prison bars for this round. just to a reminder of that glorious day.

If there was one club that we should consider using our prison bar guernsey against on a regular basis, it would be Richmond.
Allows both clubs to use a predominantly black strip with a perfect visual clash.

Looking forward to beating a team in the 8 - 3 years since that has happened.

If we cannot - now is the time to change coaches.
So the wins we had on the following dates were not against "a team in the 8"?

16/7/16
5/9/15
21/8/15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans round 1 counts this year IMO. And Geelong too - we beat Geelong but the umps beat us!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think I saw an article last week that recognised Geelongs win against Freo in R1 counts as a win against a top 8 side (alphabetically anyway)

Re-watched the 2014 EF as preparation. **** I hope we absolutely destroy Richmond on Saturday.
SPP with 30+, 7+ clearances, a few sausage rolls, and a massive don't argue against Martin in the F50 to allow him to kick the sealer :thumbsu:

It will be a battle of defences we have the lowest against at 144.137 1001 vs their 146.140 1016. Next is Sydney 160.139 1099. There are 9 sides who have let thru between 161 and 169 goals.

It will be wet and slippery Saturday night with a bit of rain forecast for both Friday and Saturday nights, so 12 or 13 goals probably wins.

Games we have lost we have scored
Adel 12.11, GWS 11.15 WCE 12.15, Gee 11.13 and Ess 8.14

At AO we have kept the opo to
Freo 8.8, Adel 15.10, Carl 6.11, WCE 15.7, Haw 7.5 Bris 12.9

It will be a battle of defences we have the lowest against at 144.137 1001 vs their 146.140 1016. Next is Sydney 160.139 1099. There are 9 sides who have let thru between 161 and 169 goals.

It will be wet and slippery Saturday night with a bit of rain forecast for both Friday and Saturday nights, so 12 or 13 goals probably wins.

Games we have lost we have scored
Adel 12.11, GWS 11.15 WCE 12.15, Gee 11.13 and Ess 8.14

At AO we have kept the opo to
Freo 8.8, Adel 15.10, Carl 6.11, WCE 15.7, Haw 7.5 Bris 12.9

I don't expect our defense to repeat the games against the Eagles and Bombres nor the 4Q meltdown against the Giants. Those look more and more like exceptions.

The main question, then, should be whether the Tigers can keep our offense at bay. If they can, the game will be too close to call. If they can't, Port wins.

From this perspective, I like our chances.

Last edited:
Should be a cracking game of footy!

Both teams have some genuine stars of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back