Preview Ports vs RichmondnomhciR 7.10pm Saturday July 1 Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Media team trying to build up the anticipation and tension
Hate to toot my own oboe but they should have gone for this:
really looking forward to seeing the best defender in the modern era play

CLUREY%20Tom.png

Get the 3 year monkey off our back - downhill skiers and cannot win against a top 8 team home or away or inbetween.
No offence, but how the hell does this misconception still have legs? Round 17 last year we beat Norf who were 8th at the time, 3 games clear of us in 9th.

In 2015, we beat the Hawks in Round 4, while they were 4th, Round 5 we beat the Crows while they were 6th, and in Round 15 we beat Collingwood while they were 5th and how could anyone forget Round 21 against Hawthorn?

We even (technically) beat Fremantle while they were top in Round 23, 2015.

Last edited:
No offence, but how the hell does this misconception still have legs? Round 17 last year we beat Norf who were 8th at the time, 3 games clear of us in 9th.

In 2015, we beat the Hawks in Round 4, while they were 4th, Round 5 we beat the Crows while they were 6th, and in Round 15 we beat Collingwood while they were 5th and how could anyone forget Round 21 against Hawthorn?

We even (technically) beat Fremantle while they were top in Round 23, 2015.

So you're saying we have one win against a top 8 side over the last two seasons and it was against 8th? Not sure you've debunked the downhill skier 'misconception' the way you were hoping for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have only just got the RichmondnomhciR joke!
I'm sorry, I tried to make it obvious in the OP. :(

My humour can be a bit lateral...:D

So you're saying we have one win against a top 8 side over the last two seasons and it was against 8th? Not sure you've debunked the downhill skier 'misconception' the way you were hoping for.
I've seen plenty of people say we haven't beaten a top 8 side for 3 years. Pretty sure that's a misconception.

I'm sorry, I tried to make it obvious in the OP. :(

My humour can be a bit lateral...:D
I'm a post-SANFL supporter, so an insignificant reserves club like Glenelg doesn't reach my radar :)

So in round 1, was Sydney Top 8? Is this fact retrospective, or where they were at the time? Is it based on current position?

So many pointless questions.

I've seen plenty of people say we haven't beaten a top 8 side for 3 years. Pretty sure that's a misconception.
It's technically a misconception, but the point still stands: we've failed against all quality opposition in the last 18 months.

If we lost to Sydney and Freo, as Richmond did, both those teams would be in the current top 8.

To harp on about us 'not beating anyone in the top 8' is pointless.

We've beaten most teams we've played.

That's what matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back