Preview Ports vs RichmondnomhciR 7.10pm Saturday July 1 Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

We need a goal umpire injury. One of the players to run thru one of them. Why???

DAVID RODAN IS EMERGENCY GOAL UMPIRE, AND HAS PLAYED FOR BOTH TEAMS, so no bias.
Edit - my bad he was named emergency goal umpire for the carlton v crows game

We need to see a bit of this.

Last edited:
Looking at both teams on paper, I'd be very disappointed if we lose. We are stronger on literally every single line. I can't see an area that they can expose us in.

He's right - we shouldn't bother turning up tomorrow night, considering that the game is on Saturday night ;)
857e43a2044c14f576f6ef434bb6917b.jpg

Lol the club is trying to shame me by sending emails claiming i've gone missing from attending games..
upload_2017-6-29_20-38-12.png
Im sorry Port but working night shift makes it difficult to be awake when games are played.
Schedule them for 2:00AM starts and I'll be there.
I pay for a reserved seat more on the fact of giving the club money than me actually going to most games.

Lol the club is trying to shame me by sending emails claiming i've gone missing from attending games..

386574_6ece798d2911e7438bebf8715b84606e.png

Im sorry Port but working night shift makes it difficult to be awake when games are played.
I pay for a reserved seat more on the fact of giving the club money than me actually going to most games.

View attachment 387145
It's up to you but sharing your ticket when you cant attend is a good option imo.
I have done that on the rare occasions I couldn't attend and I would always do it.
I hate those empty seats in the bays (it seems such a waste when reserved seats are at a premium)
Also that way a non member gets a chance to get to a game.
Hey, it might even encourage them to join one day if they enjoy it.
Poor attendance numbers are not a good look to club sponsors.
It's so easily done online and the recipient gets a copy of the ticket sent to them to print off for the game.

I
It's up to you but sharing your ticket when you cant attend is a good option imo.
I have done that on the rare occasions I couldn't attend and I would always do it.
I hate those empty seats in the bays (it seems such a waste when reserved seats are at a premium)
Also that way a non member gets a chance to get to a game.
Hey, it might even encourage them to join one day if they enjoy it.
Poor attendance numbers are not a good look to club sponsors.
It's so easily done online and the recipient gets a copy of the ticket sent to them to print off for the game.
I would if I knew any other port supporters that don't already have memberships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a goal umpire injury. One of the players to run thru one of them. Why???

DAVID RODAN IS EMERGENCY GOAL UMPIRE, AND HAS PLAYED FOR BOTH TEAMS, so no bias.

My apologies Rodan is the emergency goal umpire for the carlton v crows game at the MCG. They need an injury to the goal umpire there so Rodan can do his stuff and give Carlton the benefit of the doubt during the game.

View attachment 387145

Can you pass your ticket on to a friend? What is the club policy?

I want to see & hear a loud parochial crowd on Saturday night! I for one will be trying to get Bay 138 up and out of their seats...Hope you all do the same

With that said, a lot of players and coaches say they need to silence the home the crowd....... this is when we should be at our loudest.... not when we are 20points up or even 50, cause by that time, we should be celebrating with a chant.......

Richmond by 30

Then Melts.....

3rd, Crows aren't losing to Carlton.

Carlton are not going to be easy beats, there midfield is better and with Charlie Cameron, Lynch out.... that's height and speed missing.

I would tip Carlton, if was tipping and a betting man.;)

g9o9oUi.png

AFL 99 - A hyper advanced simulation:

Good start for Port Power, as Kingsley gets the clearance. Lockwood is the recipient, he does a one-two Schofield.
Lockwood kicks it to Tredrea, who scores the first goal of the match, and as it turns out, the only one for the quarter.
Anyone who can be arsed reading this mess I type up might remember the Paxman incident a few weeks ago against Brisbane. The rest of this quarter is rather similar, although this time it Turner from Richmond who keeps kicking in to the opposition:
Turner kicks in, Lockwood intercepts, Lockwood passes to Lyle. Lyle gets a behind.
Turner kicks in, Lockwood intercepts, Lockwood kicks it Tredrea. Tredrea kicks a behind.
Again, Lockwood intercepts Turner. This time Burgoyne kicks the Behind.
Richmond finally get past Lockwood as Gale marks.
Gale kicks it Knights, who is promptly flattened by Primus before the ball even reaches the centre square.
Richmond goalless for the quarter, but with only 1.5, Port have let them off the hook for such a poor quarter.
Port Power by 11 at quarter time

The second quarter starts again with another sexy clearance to Kingsley.
Unfortunately, it ends up with Bowden.
The Ball eventually makes its way to Richmond's 50 where Daffy darts it to Richardson.
It goes goal for goal for a while as Richmond step up from their insipid first term.
Their midfield of Knights, Campbell, Powell, and Gale in ruck challenge our mids, who had it fairly easy up this point.
Lockwood still a massive presence whenever we get anywhere near a fifty, setting up goals for Kingsley, Schofield among others.
Richardson a one man army down the other end, keeping the Tigers in it.
Nearing the end of the quarter, we start to get up in midfield, and pull away on the scoreboard.
Kingsley dump kicks it forward out of the middle. Lockwood makes something out of nothing, and gets the ball off to Burgoyne who gets his second goal in 2 minutes.
An interesting quarter both teams lifted, but Port take control later in the term.
Halftime, and we are up by 23.

A big quarter for Burgoyne, who adds another couple of goals.
It's the Lockwood/Burgoyne show up forward.
Richmond very clumsy with the ball, and unlike the first quarter, Ports are only happy to get advantage.
Port Power by 36 at three-quarter time.

Schofield and Kingsley have been massive in the middle most of the match, and with Primus well on top of Gale, they are getting silver service.
Lockwood and Burgoyne still in everything. Tredrea pops up for a another goal.
Dew kicks a nice one on the run
Gasper and Torney trying hard for Richmond down back, but the amount of ball coming in makes life hard for them.
Plapp scores a goal on the siren for the Tigers, bring the margin back a bit, but this game was done at half time.

Port Power by 55

Edit - my bad he was named emergency goal umpire for the carlton v crows game

You take away the jackets and hats, and that is what happens...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back