Game Day Portz vs the Figjamers that also happen to wear Black and White

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not doing a big preview this time (but may add some actual facts later today), need to get some s**t done and noticed no gameday thread yet.

Looked at the ABC website, read a story about how Geelong stumbled over the line yesterday, and my motivation to finish top is strengthened.

The triple whammy is there for the taking:
1. Finish top and win the trophy no one can spell or remember the name of - go on - try without checking
2. Send the Figjams into a week of 4 walled isolation in rooms where every door leads to a bathroom or is guarded - a necessity for certain Figjamers
3. The out of form cats always lose after a bye, does the long break leave them one long break short of a set, who knows but it does

We all know the classic Orwellian novel, no not the one about trading freedom for security *cough* no its only a cold *cough*, the one about all being equal with some being more equal than others. They say "The Club" was the first literary work written about the Figjamers, but my sources advise me the George Orwell was a Collingwood fan and based that classic work on the goings on in the Victorian Football League at the time.

So anyway, its Gameday (is it really) - didn't the weekend just finish - oh yeh we get to play in primetime against the football royalty that don't get out of bed on Sundays.

When you sit there tonight watching this game, wrap an old maggies scarf around your neck, try on that old duffle coat, you know the one that has 26, 5 or 7 on its back and some old Paul Belton badge still pinned to its front, put on those old [Rocker Boots | Ripples], think carefully about how our 150 years don't matter because they didn't happen in the garden state surrounded by Dermie, Jezza, Pig, Plugga and all the other VFL/AFL somebodies, and watch us pull down the pants and wipe the floor with these faux magpies.

Pay particular attention to the commentators, they will be so excited in the first quarter, it will all be about that deserved home final against the dogs out on the golf course on the Gold Coast, then once the rot sets in those wonderful orators will nervously look at each other while wondering what Eddie would like them to say next.

Oh yeh, they will remember, we have to make sure as many of those Portz Powerz get 2 week suspensions as possible, in case we play them again in their hovel, "can we see that replay again", "that one will be looked into" they will bookmark for the MC, doing his job as much as possible while securing theirs. Who knows, maybe they will fly the "Lord of the Spoons" up to the gold (one of the colours on their logo) coast to apply his certain brand of Portz envy to the boundary to get that one last advantage, lol we will get their own haters to smother them, "its not #VICBIAS then" they will cleverly surmise at their secret VFL only meetings while sucking down their inferior lattes served by meter maids, hah we got em again those hic fools.

Oh yeh this was going to be short....

Cmon Port, 150th year. no excuses, lets put the Figjam on toast and send them to their Escher maze of bathrooms while catching the Point Breakers on their bye. No excuses, win it for those of us that have their football mortality in the spotlight and those who soon will be. They bloody well deserve to be one bookend of our first 150 years of success.

And also win it for a certain player we still owe a premiership to.
So lets bolt the roobar onto the front of our JMac truck and put the pedal to the floor full mad Max style.

Go Ports.

Us by enough that the result can't be manipulated by 5 shots in front of goal in the last quarter.

PS - I don't just have a chip on my shoulder, since that first game at the MCG in 1997 I've been growing a teal coloured forest there.
Its chainsaw time.

PSS - Bring back the bars, no not the ones you can't visit on Swanston street, the real ones.

Last edited:

They have a lot more to lose than we do. I think we need to come out firing and not rely on one good quarter. Shut down De Goey (why is he playing again?) and Treloar and we're most of the way there.

The MP doesn't mean anything but it would be a real feather in the cap after everything we've achieved this year on and off field.

Ports by 12. I want to see campaigner Eddie rage.

EDIT : typo. I hate my phone.

Last edited:
It’s criminal that this game wasn’t played in front of 10,000 Prison Bar-clad fanatics at AO. You have absolutely no sense of occasion ALF. None.

I hope we f@&king smash them into next year.
Is 10k still the limit? Thought it was 15 or even 25k?

It’s criminal that this game wasn’t played in front of 10,000 Prison Bar-clad fanatics at AO. You have absolutely no sense of occasion ALF. None.

I hope we f@&king smash them into next year.
Ridiculous hey, considering how little we have played at AO. Would have produced far more $$$$ for them. Anyhoots. I Hope we treat this like a final and bring the heat that we know can beat them. Gabba games do make me nervous though. we dont seem to play our best footy there.....

They have a lot more to lose than we do. I think we need to come out firing and not rely on one good quarter. Shut down De Goey (why is he playing again?) and Treloar and we're most of the way there.

The MP doesn't mean anything but it would be a real feather in the cap after everything we've achieved this year on and off field.

Ports by 12. I want to see campaigner Eddie rage.

EDIT : typo. I hate my phone.

There is nothing wrong with innocent until proven guilty. In fact it should be the expectation in a civilized country. Even the NRL which has a stand down rule if the crime is serious enough wouldn’t have stood him down.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it too late to sign up for a Lions membership?
I'll happily do the survey and let them know I don't feel safe there.

Most importantly, will the face masks be in club colours?

Imagine holding a grand final in a state where all the attendees have to wear face masks.

Last edited:
Struggling to get excited for this one when a home final is already on the horizon. Hoping to get through it unscathed.

Our centre line will dominate - haven’t said for a long time! It’s travelling so well.
Port by 19 points
By the way, there won’t be any rain and the match should start with the temperature being around the low balmy 20’s. Yes there will plenty of sweat being thrown around. Time to bring out the super absorbent sweat wrist bands.

How do you think your talls will handle the Collingwood Defence?

Ladhams and Dixon.

Dixon has been amazing this year.
I'm more worried about our lack of height down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back