Competitions Pose all Fantasy Footy (DT and SC) Questions re players in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

(For AFL Fantasy) I've got Dom Barry (confirmed starter for Port) and Paul Ahern. I'm considering swapping Ahern for Tom Murphy. Who will be the better pick for job security this season?

(For AFL Fantasy) I've got Dom Barry (confirmed starter for Port) and Paul Ahern. I'm considering swapping Ahern for Tom Murphy. Who will be the better pick for job security this season?
Ahern needs to get up to AFL speed before selection. Will give him a month in the VFL to do so.
Murphys excelled in the preseason but doesnt strike me as an accumulator in comparison to Ahern.
In terms of most games played Ahern would be ahead and has higher job security once in.
Will be rested though and Murphy will tire. Your call.

What's Ryan Clarke's fantasy prospects like this year?
What sort of role will he be playing and would he be a reasonable pick?
Cheers

Guys any reason Goldy burnt out second half? Looked back to his jest prior to that. Was it his true weather?

Guys any reason Goldy burnt out second half? Looked back to his jest prior to that. Was it his true weather?
Th weather was a big part of it. In the second half especially, he shared the ruck work with Brown more than he usually would and rested on the bench rather than forward. 76% time on ground is unusually low for him. Either Scott was mindful of preserving him for this week, or there was no point having the extra tall on the ground, or both.

Th weather was a big part of it. In the second half especially, he shared the ruck work with Brown more than he usually would and rested on the bench rather than forward. 76% time on ground is unusually low for him. Either Scott was mindful of preserving him for this week, or there was no point having the extra tall on the ground, or both.
Yeah great insight, I think the latter reason is prob on the money.

Hey guys, I started Round 1 with Luke McDonald ($603,000) in my defence for AFL Fantasy, based on reports that he was slightly underpriced, due to the fact that he was going to play more midfield minutes this season.

Unfortunately for me, he only scored 54 (14 disp, 1 mark, 4 tackles) and his price dropped $19,000. Is it worth holding onto him - is he really going to be spending a significant amount of time in the midfield this year?

Hey guys, I started Round 1 with Luke McDonald ($603,000) in my defence for AFL Fantasy, based on reports that he was slightly underpriced, due to the fact that he was going to play more midfield minutes this season.

Unfortunately for me, he only scored 54 (14 disp, 1 mark, 4 tackles) and his price dropped $19,000. Is it worth holding onto him - is he really going to be spending a significant amount of time in the midfield this year?
He will bounce back this week as he had a stinker last week. Thats if he isnt dropped. If hes picked and is poor again then axe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has bad egg reputation of now

Neither at this point. Unless injuries only talls come in. Vfl hasn't started yet

How have u lads seen lmacs season this far and what role has he been playing?
Poor first couple of weeks but building ok since. Actually, since half time of round 2 has been decent. Missed a large part of the last q vs carlton which may have cost him tonning up (SC).

Spent more time in the back half than is ideal, but Jacobs, Hartung and Anderson all performing above expectations in the midfield probably has a bit to do with that.

I'd keep an eye out for a low breakeven before considering him. I have him and am not looking to trade out, though he's only averaging 3 points more than Hibberd who is dead to me. I think his current performance is more or less his floor.

Poor first couple of weeks but building ok since. Actually, since half time of round 2 has been decent. Missed a large part of the last q vs carlton which may have cost him tonning up (SC).

Spent more time in the back half than is ideal, but Jacobs, Hartung and Anderson all performing above expectations in the midfield probably has a bit to do with that.

I'd keep an eye out for a low breakeven before considering him. I have him and am not looking to trade out, though he's only averaging 3 points more than Hibberd who is dead to me. I think his current performance is more or less his floor.
Thanks for the response legend. I’m only after him for ultimate footy so their is no price.

All I need outta lmac is a lot of
- kicks
- marks
- DE

Jed Anderson looks like has pretty good job security, what do you guys reckon about his upside? I'm thinking he can be a good upgrade on either AMT and Ratugolea (Draft league)

Thanks for the response legend. I’m only after him for ultimate footy so their is no price.

All I need outta lmac is a lot of
- kicks
- marks
- DE
Keep an eye out if he is selected tomoro
Wasn’t happy last week
Jed Anderson looks like has pretty good job security, what do you guys reckon about his upside? I'm thinking he can be a good upgrade on either AMT and Ratugolea (Draft league)
He is gaining in confidence by the week but in the past has done poorly against the Hawks and teams who bring the pressure.
Had a career high possession count last week tho so is brimming with confidence. definite watch and see

Lowish disposal numbers, but his tackling and goal sense are first class.

Only place I can blow my own trumpet or pull my own pud (whichever way u want to look at it) on pre game thread I backed in Ben J to close down Mitchell, who had been my captain, chose Conga from Giants to step up and thank you Benny J ;) Roostars are rockin in the fantasy world :)

Can any North fans tell me what they think of Zurhaar? Will he have a spot in the side over the next 6-8 weeks?
Depends on form as well as whether Taylor Garner can get on the park for long enough. Very defensively minded, so the coaches like him, but he wouldn’t be the highest scorer being that pressure medium sized high half forward and having a limited tank. A lot to like about him and he’s built like a brick s**t house, but for fantasy purposes, I wouldn’t pick him just yet.

IN a draft league, who should I be looking to hold onto, MacMillan or Wright?

I know Clarke us the one that tries to run free a lot, but who will be loose more often and look to rebound, and who will be the lockdown go to option. I've seen on fanfooty that Macmillan is supposedly zoning off and guarding space a lot, but his scores haven't been all the great...

TIA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back