Position Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you got any rookie defenders you can export to the your forward line? It could definitely come in handy, especially if he keeps up his form.
Tipungwuti and Brown are already in the forward line. Adams is the only DPP left in defense. Once I trade out Papley (hopefully next week) I could put him forward and then swing Mills back.

I must be one of the few that like the mid-season DPP additions.

As for people leaving fantasy because of it - that's just silly. The fantasy website is so much easier to use now, and it shits all over the abortion of a website that is real dream team and supercoach with those stupid circles and layout.

I'm used to the 2 trades per week now. Sure it's almost impossible to make up ground after about round 15, but it just means you need to nail your starting squad and use trades perfectly up until that point.

Considering going Menadue to Kelly and then switching him back and downgrading Cameron to Petracca. However that relies on Kelly getting DEF status which I won't know.

I must be one of the few that like the mid-season DPP additions.

As for people leaving fantasy because of it - that's just silly. The fantasy website is so much easier to use now, and it shits all over the abortion of a website that is real dream team and supercoach with those stupid circles and layout.

I'm used to the 2 trades per week now. Sure it's almost impossible to make up ground after about round 15, but it just means you need to nail your starting squad and use trades perfectly up until that point.

I really like DPP additions. I just wish it was more objective - there should be some kind of hard formula for determining if they'll get DPP status.

Doesn't their heat maps determine DPP?

Not necessarily. It does give a decent indication, but they also go by where they line-up on the field at the start, etc. Heat maps can also be misleading as midfielders could be lining up on a wing but winning the majority of their possessions in the back 50 area, but not actually playing as a defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's playing half back/wing. His heat map is 64% defensive for the season. He's a chance, especially given he used to have it.
Yeah its hard, its harder because wingmen tend to have defensive heatmaps anyway. Been offered Duryea for Oxley in my draft league and even though Duryea has been poor this season, Ox isn't worth a hell of a lot as a midfielder.

I like how Warnie has come out and said they will be taking the conservative approach and basically stated that Pendles and B.Ellis wont be getting DPP this time around.

I think C.Mills, J.Kelly (Ess), Kamdyn Mcintosh are pretty certain for defender status.

R.Davis for forward status locked aswell.

It should purely be based on where the player lines up and plays the game.

Heaps of Wingman pretty much everyone and alot of midfielders aswell get the footy in the back half. Blind me Ablett had 74% in the back half doesnt mean hes a defender all of a sudden. Just means hes getting cheap easy non destructive ball.

I.Smith, Hunter, Gaff, Ellis, Stanton they all do it - typical wingman who get pure non contested football and easy possessions down back. Get alot of the switches ect Montagna in his past is another example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back