Opinion Positional changes you would like to see in the NAB challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Why swap Hill and Sutcliffe? Do you think it will make us significantly better? Who would cop the#1 tag? How would we deal with that?

Both elite runners and good disposers of the ball, but we're bottom 5 for scores from transition. Hill may assist with this and also gives him another option for breaking a tag

Both elite runners and good disposers of the ball, but we're bottom 5 for scores from transition. Hill may assist with this and also gives him another option for breaking a tag
I don't disagree and pre-season, fine. It is just in the end Sutcliffe and Hill can both improve where they currently are positioned. It may improve transition but Sutcliffe was key in most of those goals in 2014 wasn't he?

I want to see a game with Walters, Ballantyne, Duffy and Crozier all getting decent time rotating through midfield and half forward.

spurry postered.jpg

I see Spurry made the poster for the NAB challenge!! I personally would like to see a hell of a lot less of this in 2015...

Make Zac Dawson a Full forward or on a wing for a game and we will be losing the plot.

Zac Dawson's only goal in the Adelaide game was a thing of beauty after all the misses. We may have to knock him about a few times so he remembers to mark the ball and not fist it away when he's hanging around the forward 50 with Pav, Ballas, and Co.

Id love to see Mayne play a 50/50 forward/back role just to see what it means with rotations. When he plays indefence Id play him on the oppositions quickest small forward to see how well he keeps up with players with elite speed. While most on here seem to think we already have enough half back types I think we need another defender who can match the quickest small forwards, Mayne might yet be that man. I watched some 50 metre sprint work at training a couple of seasons ago and he was in the elite grouo,just behind Hill and Lukey Mac.

Id love to see Mayne play a 50/50 forward/back role just to see what it means with rotations. When he plays indefence Id play him on the oppositions quickest small forward to see how well he keeps up with players with elite speed. While most on here seem to think we already have enough half back types I think we need another defender who can match the quickest small forwards, Mayne might yet be that man. I watched some 50 metre sprint work at training a couple of seasons ago and he was in the elite grouo,just behind Hill and Lukey Mac.

Not sure his turning circle is good enough to match a small nimble forward pocket. Play him on Ballas or Walters and we will find out pretty quickly, but I think he is better suited to playing on a Luke Bruest or someone similar, Maybe even a Gunston. The 190cm forwards who can take marks on the lead as well as rove the ball and snap a goal.

Having said all that, I think he needs to spend a lot of time trying to get his goal kicking back to 2013 levels and then let him play the lock down role in the forward line and punish a defender on the rebound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back