saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Reports on Twitter EFC player has tested positive for covid 19.

Puts our game in jeopardy for tomorrow

More to come

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
AFL presser at 4pm

Unless there is some sort of outbreak at the essendon football club I don't see why the AFL should pull up stumps again, just isolate him like every other job would that is now back in business after a few months off.

Unless there is some sort of outbreak at the essendon football club I don't see why the AFL should pull up stumps again, just isolate him like every other job would that is now back in business after a few months off.
NRL had a similar scare last weekend I think. Not sure the player was positive though (I think a kid of a player was at a school with a couple of cases). Test all Essendon players, quarantine any positives and reschedule the game for later in the week. We'll get stuck with a short turnaround but hopefully won't ruin the whole season.

I'm not surprised it's happened , was just a matter of time, can't wrap everyone in cotton wool and still play games and expect no one to get it given we all still have to do shopping and such with the general public, surely the AFL has had contingency plans in place for such an event.

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
NRL had a similar scare last weekend I think. Not sure the player was positive though (I think a kid of a player was at a school with a couple of cases). Test all Essendon players, quarantine any positives and reschedule the game for later in the week. We'll get stuck with a short turnaround but hopefully won't ruin the whole season.

most likely that will happen. But Essendon due to play Saturday vs Carlton

If McKenna played last week You’d think all swans and now north players have to isolate until players are tested and results known

Not great timing for AFL considering they were just trying to negotiate with WA government RE players exempt from hotel guarantee

space_cowboy

All Australian
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wow. What a mess. I wouldn't be surprised that he contracted it in Ireland, but would have thought that it would have been picked up when he was in isolation if he did.

Wow. What a mess. I wouldn't be surprised that he contracted it in Ireland, but would have thought that it would have been picked up when he was in isolation if he did.
He's been back for about a month hasn't he, and quarantined when he got back?
Plenty of risks going to the shops/cafes etc. Lately which have been packed (in ACT anyway) as soon as there was a whisper of restrictions easing.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
The ramifications aren't that simple. Essendon flew home with North on a plane last Sunday from Sydney, so could include them. They played Sydney so could include them, it's just wide reaching

I'm still of opinion to kick Essendon out of the league, another example of their disregard for the afl.

😏

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
McKenna would of been tested before main session yesterday

He does live with his brother

Players only this week have been given more freedom to move about in the community

saj_21

Cancelled
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Game could be delayed by a month

Here we go win Gil

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Only one certainty - if we do end up playing at a later date... Fantasia will star and win the game for them.

Back