I think we have players in:
  • Berry
  • Hately
  • Hamill
  • Cook
  • Soliglio
  • And obviously RT & Rochelle.
How good can this lot become?

All have improvement to come whilst I feel Rowe, Ned, Murph don't have the tools/skills to get much better than their current output.

• Berry
  • Hately
  • Hamill
  • Cook
  • Soliglio

All have improvement to come whilst I feel Rowe, Ned, Murph don't have the tools/skills to get much better than their current output.
Good post but please delete the last line after come, positive only

• Berry
  • Hately
  • Hamill
  • Cook
  • Soliglio

I love the spirit that Keays plays with. Its what makes him special to our team.

I love the spirit that Keays plays with. Its what makes him special to our team.

Oh for sure, I love Keays but I was keeping my list to the younger lads that we haven't seen much of/most excited about as they wont be flops.

Keays, Doodee, Butts, Dawson etc are bloody good but are a "known" commodity- we know what they will/can give us.

We gave up 23, 37, 44 (Jake Kelly) and some picks in the 60s for Melbourne's future 1st which looks like pick 18 (Dawson) and pick 33 (Soligo). Arguably one of the best trades the club has ever done, because Dawson was a steal for pick 18.

Berry and Hately look like different players now that we're playing them in their preferred position in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• Berry
  • Hately
  • Hamill
  • Cook
  • Soliglio

Add Butts.

A very good FB. Could be elite after 100 games

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Berry - balanced offensive/defensive game , really happy with him despite some shortcomings with his kicking . A proper 2 way mid of the future which we need to build some class around

Soligo - smart , tough , some class . Great pick Hamish (and I did doubt it at the time )

Gollant - I really like him for the long term

Hately - can play AFL

Hamill - is playing well and no concussions

Rachele - looking forward to seeing him after a rest but even more in year 3 of his career

I’ve been harsh on Fogarty but at least he’s not being beaten in the air as much and neutralising some contests ( it’s the positive thread so I’m being positive )

Could have beaten Freo and the Bombers with a bit of luck. We were the better side for much of the game against the Saints and but for pisspoor shooting for goal could've won that too.
The storm that is the last few years will pass and we will emerge into the sunlight. We will win more games this year and do okay next.
* high draft picks, they are a lottery. Wins build confidence and culture.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could have beaten Freo and the Bombers with a bit of luck. We were the better side for much of the game against the Saints and but for pisspoor shooting for goal could've won that too.
The storm that is the last few years will pass and we will emerge into the sunlight. We will win more games this year and do okay next.
duck high draft picks, they are a lottery. Wins build confidence and culture.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could have just as easily lost to the Bulldogs and the Power. It goes both ways.

Not having to watch Jake Kelly attempt to dispose of the football each week is a positive.

The injury list, barely any soft tissue injuries. Only had contact injuries and an unfortunate ACL and concussion issue.

SANFL team is finally performing at the level we expected. That's due to having so many AFL listed players available for selection.

Rachele and Soligo look like really solid picks and I'm pretty sure Taylor will be too.

Berry and Hately finally getting midfield time to show what they are capable of.

Shane McAdam ….. easily our best current indigenous player and still playing below his ceiling.

Arguably equal 5th in all time list with Troy Bond, trailing only McLeod, Betts, Johncock and Cameron.

Hately is starting to show why he was a first round pick.

I think we pretty much have our midfield mix spot on at the moment, given who we have on our list. Just need to work Schoenberg back in.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
& positively have more players rotating through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back