Roast Was the Positive only Thread but now it’s We Suck Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

After a win seems as good of a time as any to do this, I see plenty of players as having “positive” seasons.

• Keays: proved himself and his ball winning ability, tackling and work rate, showed on Saturday night that those skills can be put to very good use at half forward. Will be a good player for a long time.
  • Thilthorpe: has dominated periods at times both forward and in the ruck, consistency is building.
  • Rachele: star, just needs time.
  • Dawson: every bit as good as we thought he’d be, I’d prefer him play wing instead of half back but he’s still been highly impactful.
  • Walker: another year of this would be amazing.
  • Soligo: looks an absolute steal, continues to build.
  • Berry: I always thought he’d be good, but he looks like he could be a genuine A grader, is starting to add some genuine class to his game as well.
  • McAdam: realised his potential, is now comfortably best 22 and continues to provide X factor.
  • Worrell: only one game but it was a great one.
  • Murray: very good one on one, I don’t know if he has enough other attributes yet but looks very good for a PSS selection.
  • Laird: has had a monster season, is in the top handful of pure inside mids in the comp.
  • Milera: is building back into it, has been a slow burn all season but I think he’ll get there.
  • Fogarty: is almost time to say that he’s arrived as an AFL key forward.
  • Parnell: uses the ball very well, and has stood up defensively despite his size.
  • Butts: few setbacks but still looks good.
  • Gollant: admittedly I don’t know what his SANFL form is like that but his attack on the footy and marking ability looked AFL standard, may still develop into a quality 3rd tall forward.

It’d be more annoying to win that bet than to lose it
It would because you'd think to yourself I should have put on $10 and then later what if it was $50 Gee what about $100

I got on the 5 goal Rachele round 1 train but I was only game enough to put $3 on

I'm not a huge betting person, I don't mind a $5 multi with high odds but I never bet more than $5 on anything.

Loved that play of the night when Milera beat three of them, Ned executed bump of the year, Berg flicked it to Schoenberg who calmly dropped his eyes and let Keays kick the goal out the back.

When more of our players start to consistently connect like that, we'll be back in business.

Do you have a timestamp for this?

Wouldn't mind making a gif of the bump!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the season has been underwhelming, the positives of the year are starting to stack up.

1) Fog pulling himself off the AFL scrap heap to be probably our most exciting player has been incredible.

2) Rachele showing game breaking talent (even if he couldn't sustain it)

3) Soligo looks like the diamond in the rough of the entire 2021 draft.

4) Hamill, Hately, Gollant, Cook, Parnell and now Worrell all getting their blocks

5) Thithorpe, Milera and Schoenberg all playing themselves back into form mid season (good learning curve for them).

6) Finally making tough calls on position changes or dropping older out of form players (Brown, Crouch, Rob, Sloane, keays).

7) Some good to great contributions from recent recruits Frampton, Hinge, Dawson.

8) No drop off from Key experienced players Tex or Crouch.

9) Youth through the midfield (better late then never) with Hately, Berry, Schoenberg, Rachele and now Soligo

Admittedly this is a very glass half full vantage point of the season (completely ignoring the other side of the coin).

But if you told me in January that we would achieve those points this season as well as winning 7-9 games, I probably would have taken it.

The biggest positive for me is the coaches showing they are learning from their errors.

Middle of the season we had a dire period with Laird, Keays and Crouch clogging up the midfield. We were woeful despite those three getting high stats.

The coaches did adjust though, backed in younger players, found a new role for Keays and dropped Crouch. It's allowed Berry and Soligo in particular to flourish.

Sure they probably took a bit long to learn from their mistakes but they did. They weren't stubborn and closed minded like many of our previous coaching groups.

Can someone tell me what this said, I have this prick on ignore
He said:

Say you don’t understand the post you’re replying to, without saying you don’t understand what you’re replying to 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back