Autopsy Positives and Negatives - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

-

ry4m0iw6z7mx.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+ Wins a win and we will take it! Thought we played pretty well considering a lot of sore boys out there, obviously not the best game but early points in the bank is hugely important. Want to hit champagne footy around August anyway.

Freo were up and about and especially at the end of that first quarter we could've let the game slide their way playing defensively like we have in the past. Attacked the guts in the 2nd and won a lot more clearances which gave us the edge for the rest of the game.

+ Came up against a loud Freo crowd and the leaders stood up Gaff/Shuey/Gov and Co
+ Hurn - easily BOG, returned to some brilliant form this year
+ Redden - huge in the middle. Easily his best game for us
+ Lycett - More influential than NN today, was a hinge reason we run, matched it with Sandi while NN took advantage of Johnson
+ Sheed - A messy first quarter, Fyfe, Mundy were all over him, great to see he turned it around and was the last one laughing
+ Darling - clawed us back into the game in the 2nd

- Petro, while a brilliant piece of play in the middle resulted in a goal, he wasn't really sited for the rest of the day. Hope they keep him in for a while though and let him ease into the lineup. We need more guys like him
- Rioli - had a few chances but didn't capitalise to his usual best. Dunstall will be all over you about that dribble kick too! Drop punt please.
- JK - still ended with 3 goals but looks a bit out of touch. Hopefully that last goal helps him return to his

+ Speed at every position. Must be the fastest team in the comp now. So fast, especially that half back line.

+ Cole is now the best tackler on this team. Not even a debate anymore.

- Still bombing it long into our forward line and still no one there to crumb the ball.
I know you're his sponsor, but I'm sure we have better tacklers (Shuey/Cripps are surely our best in strength and technique)

I only saw the last quarter due to work, but I thought Rioli played a few key moments quite poorly and was disappointed in his situational smarts.

Does Fyfe play by different rules to the rest? Good thing he can't kick.

I can't wait to sit down and watch the first 3 quarters once the replay is up!

I know you're his sponsor, but I'm sure we have better tacklers (Shuey/Cripps are surely our best in strength and technique)

I only saw the last quarter due to work, but I thought Rioli played a few key moments quite poorly and was disappointed in his situational smarts.

Nah, I think after his two games this year we can call it.

+
Redden's inside work
Hurn's work off half back and his leadership
Darling stepping up when JK had minimal influence.
slyce playing like a mad man and hurting those purple durples.
gov working in defences and in the air elite.
boots and Gaffy great work in stoppages and on the spread
Yeo minimising Fyfe
The Youf

-
JJK having minimal impact. He still had 3 but he could have easily dominated the week freo defence.
Dom sheed kicking and decision making at times
Masten and Jetta doing dumb s**t in crucial moments
NN for having a bad game
Ball movement into 50 and well as converting forward 50 entries into goals

I thought he played his best game with us? He touched it more then he has. That’s not saying much but still.

He drilled 3 time for 3 scoring assist. One in the first another one to jk in the third? And one more

Unfortunate with the 2 goals

I think Lycett has been better than Naitanui for 2 weeks in a row now (judging this off others comments). Such a good back up to have.

Also, Jetta and Hurn need each other, they help each other so much.

I saw Masten lay some strong tackles.

YES! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but Masten looked strong out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back