Autopsy Positives and Negatives - Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Live Pass
$90 a year or free if you have a Telstra device on a plan (ie great if you have a work phone!)
My work phone no longer recognised that it’s on a Telstra plan. Was so good last year. I tried redownloading the afl app and everything

My work phone no longer recognised that it’s on a Telstra plan. Was so good last year. I tried redownloading the afl app and everything

That's strange, maybe your work changed your mobile plan?

Either way it's $90 for a year which is hardly breaking the bank, it's less than 25 cents a day

I sooked on the crowdsupport website for the past month about the same issue. Today they gave me a free 12month voucher. You should give it a try.

Pavolva was salivating about Fyfe being the reincarnation of the maker himself and how he would step up to win the game - like we expect from the greatest non leader on the planet -well he was being fed by gods gift to the ruck so how could you doubt the caped one.

Come on down Elliott (NN and Slyce)

Sometimes it is the little things that add to the enjoyment
CC1BBF0B-4D99-424A-AE7A-12820957A705.jpeg

1rPk70.gif

More of this please, Pet.

I don' know if it was mentioned before - Petruccelle will be best suited on the wing to showcase his SPEED.

Reading this thread has given me pause to step back and think how much progress we've made this season. We're blooding kids, we're actively looking for a game plan that doesn't suck. Are we going to hold top 4 this year? Almost certainly not in my view - but gee we've made a good start to the rebuild. Kudos.

Pet reminds me off Garry Rohan a bit. Hopefully he can become as good as Rohan.

I like Rohan but he averages less than a goal a game and 10 disposals throughout his career.

Back Pet in to have more consistent impact, he needs to if he's pushed up the ground. When he's back playing WAFL reckon he needs to be spending his time on the wing/rotations through the guts if we can - get his stoppage awareness up which will help him as a HFF at AFL level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say I was surprised how tall he is
I prefer him on the wing covering HB to HF.

Speed is great in attack but magnificent in defence
Yeah he’d be wasted if we developed him as a pressure forward IMO

I was very critical of going in with two rucks because most teams have been using one and then a player as pinch hitter. But with Vardy injured during the pre-season and Nic Nat and Lycett not playing together since 2016 we were always going to have to play two rucks given they were both not able to ruck a whole game. But it has worked perfectly because Lycett is able to wear down the opposition ruckman with his physicality so when Nic Nat has a go he is able to do his thing with a worn down ruck. The beauty of it is they can be played off the bench so we are not to tall in the forward line.

Reading this thread has given me pause to step back and think how much progress we've made this season. We're blooding kids, we're actively looking for a game plan that doesn't suck. Are we going to hold top 4 this year? Almost certainly not in my view - but gee we've made a good start to the rebuild. Kudos.
not sure why you are so 'certain' we wont make top 4? early days i know and lets try to keep a lid on it, but last time i checked we had a very good backline, a very good forwardline, a very good ruck combo (+Vardy) and now in recent games a solid emerging midfield growing in confidence, plus some talented depth coming up. remember we finished 6th last year and I for one didn't believe we'd slide below 8th this season. I realise next few games will be the truth test, but given our mids matched Swans, Cats and Freo's mids, I think we're in for a good season. People keep saying 'oh wait till we play the good teams or we haven't played any good teams/away yet'- who are these good teams? = Tigers, Giants, Hawks, Crows, Port, Swans, Roos, Cats, Pies...the way the team is playing and with the firepower we have, there isn't a team there that can't be beat on a good day. Sure, the media is paying attention now and the coaches will be doing their homework to shut us down. But top 6 for mine (conservative)(presuming we're not derailed by injuries.)

not sure why you are so 'certain' we wont make top 4? early days i know and lets try to keep a lid on it, but last time i checked we had a very good backline, a very good forwardline, a very good ruck combo (+Vardy) and now in recent games a solid emerging midfield growing in confidence, plus some talented depth coming up. remember we finished 6th last year and I for one didn't believe we'd slide below 8th this season. I realise next few games will be the truth test, but given our mids matched Swans, Cats and Freo's mids, I think we're in for a good season. People keep saying 'oh wait till we play the good teams or we haven't played any good teams/away yet'- who are these good teams? = Tigers, Giants, Hawks, Crows, Port, Swans, Roos, Cats, Pies...the way the team is playing and with the firepower we have, there isn't a team there that can't be beat on a good day. Sure, the media is paying attention now and the coaches will be doing their homework to shut us down. But top 6 for mine (conservative)(presuming we're not derailed by injuries.)

I think we're a good chance to make the eight - I just think there are other teams with a depth of quality that we don't quite have yet. Adelaide, Richmond, Sydney strike me as locks for the 4, and then there are a lot of teams in the mix - maybe we're one. We've got some long-term injuries, some sore boys and a lot of young blood - a long season can await. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with our prospects for the year - but we'll have a much better idea in about a month.

I think we're a good chance to make the eight - I just think there are other teams with a depth of quality that we don't quite have yet. Adelaide, Richmond, Sydney strike me as locks for the 4, and then there are a lot of teams in the mix - maybe we're one. We've got some long-term injuries, some sore boys and a lot of young blood - a long season can await. Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy with our prospects for the year - but we'll have a much better idea in about a month.
My thoughts too. My prediction would be the 5-8 group by seasons' end. Let's be real, the draw and the opposition injury situation have been kind to us so far.
Are we capable of finishing top 4? If we stay relatively healthy then yes.

Petrucelle will now know how fit you have to be to be an AFL footballer. Also the adrenaline control that can spend your energy quick.
Eg. When I was young surfing small waves I could paddle and surf all day. Then you get a big surf day down Esperance way or Margaret River and get pounded by a wave and another and another before you get your breath back your dumped and dumprd . I learned how you can quickly get spaghetti arms (no power) . But you learn skills and get fit enough if you want to surf big waves.
Rioli is getting fitter so persevering with him from the selectors will pay dividends. Petrucelle having at least 1 or 2 more AFL games will pay dividends.

Last edited:
haha true.. Lynchy is sure shrinking in his old age?

can u elaborate?
provide instructional tutorial?

Set yourself up with a vpn - theres paid ones and free ones - the paid ones get you faster speeds - im using a free one atm and they arent the greatest when i watch live the resolution is shiite. My mate used my account from canada and it was hd.

Replays work fine - there are two options with the game - watch live or start from beginning - if you want to watch a game live via vpn it seems to work better if you watch with a ten minute drlay so watch from beginning option about 10-20 min after it starts

Go to whirlpool to find out who does the best vpns. Or ask around on the tech section of bf.

They are fairly self explanatory on how to use - you dl an app - turn the app on - all your internet traffic is routed through the vpn.

Go to watchafl.com.au

Send screen of computer to tv via apple tv, chromecast, hdmi lead, airtame etc etc

Any other q’s hit me up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back