Review Positives and Negatives - Raining Premiers vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

+ Cracking game and a massive win away against a good team and in challenging conditions.
- This board really is full of whiny little pea hearts. After all this team has given you. go away

I don't post much during games, as I don't want those fleeting thoughts to be what defines how I really think about my team.

Wooo lets drop Darling they reckon - any one of you campaigners notice the great ruck work Darling did in the fwd 50?!? Not including some important contests, 3 goals and a big G A G F to all you fools calling for him to be dropped.

Onwards and upwards JD

+ Elliott F'ing YEOOOO - what a beast
+ mids in the 2nd half
+ JK clutch
+ Simmo happy as a pig in sh*t with that win
+ JD sealing the game plus great ruck work in the fwd 50
+ Vardy good in the ruck

- idiots on here calling for JD to be dropped
- 2nd qtr snooze

Adelaide board is fuming at Tex. He was so, so bad.

He’s the worst type of forward. “Elite” when it’s put on a silver platter in a blowout, otherwise just hauls his big frame around and sooks when it’s not on his terms. He’s somehow more Jack Darling than Jack Darling.

Bless his heart.

For me that's our best win of the season, the pies win and gws were very good. But! Those two wins came before we were the hunted. To be 33 down in the wet, away and take the 4 pts is huge. Tackle numbers from our midfield is absolutely massive and the reason we won. Norm Shuey was at his absolute best.

Negatives, only caught last 1/4 as was at footy training. Looked like we had a poor 2nd qtr, but just made the victory sweeter.

Coupla froths tonight and hopefully the missus is in the mood. I am.

- All you ******* melts that went the tears and toys out of the cot because we weren’t dominating a good team away from home. Show some ticker. Hang tough. The boys have done this a few times, and have given us every reason to have faith they’ll respond.

We have way too many spoiled brat fans. We're seriously blessed to support this amazing team that virtually every other fan base would kill to have a similar record of. 3 eras of flag wins. Rarely out of finals. s**t doesn't go our way, even for a quarter, and people spit it.

Chill everyone. Enjoy what we're seeing. We may never see another flag again. We all would love to win it every year. We all would love to win every game. We all would love to win every quarter. Calm your **** and just realise how lucky you are to support a damn amazing club. There are plenty of teams who are far, far, faaaarrrrr worse.

Props to HB35, always enjoy reading his take on things, he's generally spot on.

You dont peak in april, may and june. We really are coming from a long way back in terms of preseason fitness. In recent weeks our boys have improved their performances and found ways to win. Lets be patience and trust in simmo and what he is doing.

Oh yeah and Yeo has to be the best player running around in the comp atm.

Positives:

*Yeo has a great first half, was quiet in the third and bounced back in the last
* Darling had his best outing for the season and marked strongly as a link-up man
* Gaff has a massive second half and in the third quarter took some vital marks for us in defence
* We played three very good quarters and one bad one
* Darling, Cripps and Kennedy all kicked three goals each
* Vardy actually rucked well
* Shuey had a massive last quarter
* Schofield gave Walker (the worst captain in the AFL) a bath
* We won from 30 points plus down
* Our backline overall held up well during the onslaught of the second quarter

Negatives
* Poor second quarter.

- If Nelson's career was on life support then the switch was turned off today. Don't know why some think he has mongrel, he is as timid as and can't tackle, doesn't know what to do with the ball when he gets it.
+ Great win
+ Some big game players in this team: Yeo, Shuey, Gaff, Kennedy, McGovern, Darling, Shepard, Rioli, the list could go on
+ Waterman got himself involved in the second half

We have way too many spoiled brat fans. We're seriously blessed to support this amazing team that virtually every other fan base would kill to have a similar record of. 3 eras of flag wins. Rarely out of finals. **** doesn't go our way, even for a quarter, and people spit it.

Chill everyone. Enjoy what we're seeing. We may never see another flag again. We all would love to win it every year. We all would love to win every game. We all would love to win every quarter. Calm your **** and just realise how lucky you are to support a damn amazing club. There are plenty of teams who are far, far, faaaarrrrr worse.

I love having a good melt about the Eagles and I'll be damned if someone with maturity and levelheadedness tries to stop me

I love the fact you saw this and put it in the bank to roll out a few weeks later.

100%, that’s my move, taking receipts so I can bring them up later.

If you won’t stand behind it, don’t say it, pretty easy rule to make the internet a little bit better. Also allows me to laugh at Ryan Crowley a lot so, win win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have way too many spoiled brat fans. We're seriously blessed to support this amazing team that virtually every other fan base would kill to have a similar record of. 3 eras of flag wins. Rarely out of finals. **** doesn't go our way, even for a quarter, and people spit it.

Couldn't sum it up any better. We just won a flag 10 games ago FFS and already had people calling for heads to roll from Simmo onwards. This is a great club and I am in for the ride all the way.

Shoutout in the positives to the Adelaide fans too, taking their medicine like good sports as they always do.

Today there were some genuine strange calls from the ump like the Allen free kick and 50 which led directly to a goal. Then the whistle disappeared towards the end of the game, which affected both sides about equally I thought but usually you hang onto those pretty hard when you lose and wonder what if.

Those soreass Dees losers could learn a thing or two.

100%, that’s my move, taking receipts so I can bring them up later.

If you won’t stand behind it, don’t say it, pretty easy rule to make the internet a little bit better. Also allows me to laugh at Ryan Crowley a lot so, win win.

The more disturbing thing is you pay attention to what Ryan Crowley thinks.

The more disturbing thing is you pay attention to what Ryan Crowley thinks.

Truthfully that one came from lurking on the Ross The Boss thread on Freo’s board, someone used it to defend RTB and we had a game at Adelaide Oval creeping up, saved it for later. No danger I’d follow old pinchy on Twitter.

+ Although I'm not a fan of quoting fellow Eagles fans, these HT melts are pretty interesting:
Probably the first time this year I'm realising we wont win the flag.
How the hell we won the flag last year I have no idea. It's 2016-2017 all over again and like always the midfield is to blame. I just dont get it.
Sorry for being so negative but that's what's staring at me as well.

Anyways, Melb are a rubbish team, yet,:

They won i50 - 62 v 47
They won contested marks 15 v 9
They won 24 scoring shots v 20

We had 65% scoring accuracy v their 38%

A better team would have belted us.

100.0% on the ladder

Adelaide flogs us to kingdom come next week.

Cheers
**** we are pathetic this year
We've lost the spark.
The ability to make something out of nothing.
We thought rioli would bring it back

Just going through the motions
Weak and insipid ..

Back to 2017
Worst midfield in the league. :(

Last edited:
Shoutout in the positives to the Adelaide fans too, taking their medicine like good sports as they always do.
Opposition teams are coming after our premiership flag, and opposition fans are coming from our booing crown.

I still fail to see why it's any kind of a big deal. Crows fans were on the wrong end of the free kick count and they did their best to let the umps know about it. Good on 'em I say. You boo loudly enough, often enough, and there's no way it doesn't play on the umpires' minds and maybe get you a couple of decisions you wouldn't have normally got. That's human nature, and that's home ground advantage, and I'm not going to begrudge any fans for doing that.
The only issue I have is with the media for trying to make a thing out of it. Perhaps they should dig deeper for actual proper stories rather than "Newsflash: People went to footy game and at times failed to disguise their displeasure"

Positives
Grit and determination
Oscar Allen is a genuine superstar in the making, very very exciting future.
JK still knows how to steady the ship and win a game even in his twilight years.
7-3 is fantastic.

Negatives
People having the gall to bag out this team and this group of players. Astounding.

+ Sheed's hands & clearance work - definitely had more than 5 tackles

Let's just accept that the statisticians have ulterior motives in removing tackles from Sheed's stat columns.
I think they were the same people in charge of the pre-polling for the federal election.
Some conspiracies just can't be dismissed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back