Autopsy Positives and Negatives - Round 7 vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

+ve
+Starting to see the TK we all fantasised about him being.
+JD really took it upon himself to lift his form. Definitely isn't complacent about his spot in the 22.
+Duggan, Nelson and Cole keep impressing.
+JK proving a real handful. Oppo teams can't let their guard down around him.
+Barrass aerial game is top notch. Backs himself to mark it when in a position to do so, and if not, spoils like he wants to knock the ball out of the stadium.

-ve
-small forwards out of form.
-JKs accuracy. Could be leading the Coleman if he kicked straight.

+ TK Improving
+ Barass solid down back
+ JK standing up

- Gov being caught out
- Skill errors

For those who may have forgotten - stickied to the top of every page for your convenience.

What's even more beautiful, is that it was rightly paid incorrect disposal free kick for us so they didn't even get a point for it.

This is the sort of thing that can happen when players are switched on. Unfortunately, far to often players switch off and opportunities like this are missed (perhaps not as epic)

What's even more beautiful, is that it was rightly paid incorrect disposal free kick for us so they didn't even get a point for it.

This is the sort of thing that can happen when players are switched on. Unfortunately, far to often players switch off and opportunities like this are missed (perhaps not as epic)

A definite lesson in not quitting on the play.

I saw Ryan stop chasing a ball later in the match because he thought it was going out and Freo cleared the ball easily because they kept running it to the line.

Nelson was never "bad" in the first place. He might not have been spectacular, but he always had a crack and i can't recall him ever being awful in a game.

The Facebook nuff nuff hate for him has been ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with Facebook nuff hate, but at least pick a player who deserves it FFS.

Personally i think we need Jetta in this team. Nice as it is to see Cole, Nelson and Duggan playing decent footy i don't think we can win a flag without the champagne attacking football that Jetta can bring with his kicking. Got a feeling this will take a few games before the MC realizes, but it'll happen.

Yeah agree with that.
The problem the MC have is at who's expense do you bring him back in?

Who makes way?

Its really annoying when every opposing ruckman runs into the contest watching NN instead of the ball.Darcy tried to smash into or grab NN at every contest.I think NN got a bit sick of it and applied a reverse smash at one centre bounce after which Darcy was a lot less aggressive.I would like to see NN attack the opposing ruckman more often and earlier.He needs to stop players physically battering him because they cant compete with him athletically.
Im not getting carried away with the win.We looked ordinary at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nelson was never "bad" in the first place. He might not have been spectacular, but he always had a crack and i can't recall him ever being awful in a game.

The Facebook nuff nuff hate for him has been ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with Facebook nuff hate, but at least pick a player who deserves it FFS.
Had a few mares playing on the oppositions best small forwards over the years.

Obviously not a role he’s suited to though, he should be playing the Brandsden wing role and bring in Rotham or Johnson (when ready) to half back.

Had a few mares playing on the oppositions best small forwards over the years.

Obviously not a role he’s suited to though, he should be playing the Brandsden wing role and bring in Rotham or Johnson (when ready) to half back.

Nelson does look the next most likely (of our HBF and HFF) brigade to move into the middle of the ground (starting wing, then building his inside craft).

As mentioned by others, he doesn't panic as much from about 40m out from goal and further - but is prone to a bit of 'deer in the headlights' on the last line (not alone there btw!).

It's good to finally have one that looks likely to progress to the middle (the last one was Yeo, which I suppose has worked out OK :p), as forever and a day we've been drafting or trading players in to be 'potential' mids and they have ended up parked on a HBF (Wellingham, Jetta, Duggan, Cole etc.). Mostly successfully mind you, but still.

Ainsworth was never "bad" in the first place. He might not have been spectacular, but he always had a crack and i can't recall him ever being awful in a game.

The BigFooty nuff nuff hate for him has been ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with BigFooty nuff hate, but at least pick a player who deserves it FFS.

:)

Positive:

Going to the Freo board after our 10th consecutive Derby win

There’s no less derserving team and fans of success than the WCE, shame there’s no fairness in footy.
I think 30 points probably flatters west coast a bit, Lobb and tabs had a window and just couldn't nail the opportunity, sucked all the life out of the game.
I see the fat eagle fan behind the goals is still a fat cu*t.

PS: Which one of you fat campaigners is he talking about behind the goals :moustache:

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back