Review Positives and Negatives - UP THE BLOODY COASTERS EDITION - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

They have an two umpiring threads on the go as well.
They fail to grasp the fact that they kicked about 4 out on the full and got done holding the ball about 5 times.
Just watching a replay. The scored a goal at the 5:29 of the third from a massive throw by Kamdyn Macintosh on the wing. I’m sure they haven’t mentioned that…

They have an two umpiring threads on the go as well.
They fail to grasp the fact that they kicked about 4 out on the full and got done holding the ball about 5 times.
Not to mention one of the softest 50s I've ever seen gifting coleman jones a freebie, don't think we kicked a single goal as the result of a dubious umpiring call? Also their last I50 coming off the back of a blatant push in the back by grimes on jones over the top of the ball, not sure how that one got missed, especially if the umpires were trying to win us the game :think:

Prestia, Lynch, Nankervis, Astbury

vs

Shuey, Kelly, McGovern, Sheppard

The late withdrawal of Prestia did even things up but I think the overall quality of our outs is a bit better than theirs. Not a lot in it to be fair
Shuey>Prestia
Gov>Lynch
Kelly>Nank
Shep>Astbury

Plus Rioli, Petch, Witherden are all pretty handy, with a access to a full list I'd have had them in ahead of Langdon, Nelson and Cole personally.

Prestia, Lynch, Nankervis, Astbury

vs

Shuey, Kelly, McGovern, Sheppard

The late withdrawal of Prestia did even things up but I think the overall quality of our outs is a bit better than theirs. Not a lot in it to be fair
I think there’s a fair bit in it. Two of our best three midfielders, the other two are AA, McGovern 4 times.

West Coast are the sleeping giants of the comp and the vic media is asleep to it (good).

We are spoiled with talent and with the players coming back we’re more than half a chance if injuries can be managed and Simmo embraces an aggressive/attacking mindset.

JK - what a footballer - classical skills the equal of which I’ve never seen in a key position player/big man. Such great sportsmanship (and leadership) he demonstrates too - it’s contagious. Those snap kicks truly are a thing of beauty - sublime. How DOES he do it?

Nic Nat - I never saw Polly or Stephen Michael play but surely he’d be in the conversation for the greatest ruckman to have played this fine game of ours. A great tap of the ball, a serious power house, and a great athlete (could have been anything sports-wise).

McGovern - heroic player with an uncanny ability to stand up and impact games. A true footballer whose actions speak volumes. His leadership in the backline has not only been a MAJOR factor in winning THAT premiership but has also been vitally important for the development of Barrass (an established understudy) and now H. Edwards (a very promising apprentice indeed).

Hurn - stoic leader who unflinchingly proves his worth under pressure. A classic backman - tough and dynamic with more penetration (still) by foot that just about any other player.

Shuey - Norm. Big time player and great competitor with very sharp skills. It was a triumph of will to beat Adams in the 2018 GF (a pivotal battle) and he will be hungrier than ever now as captain.

Yeo - has stepped up to be the number 1 inside brute of the competition when playing. Gives the others courage and demands effort. Team needs him.

Gaff - brilliant no-fuss distributor of the ball. Always there with the right numbers. Glad he stayed on to be a one-club player, the envy of the other 17 clubs with the service he continues to provide. Elite.

O. Allen - a key forward of the right stock. Is athletic, is also a footballer, and is a team first player. Promising and versatile.

Redden - seriously underrated player. Great recruiting by WC. This guy keeps delivering in spades - a footballer.

Sheed - will never buy another beer again in WA. Thrives with confidence - especially when all is in place and he can receive. Performed fairly as an insider but will find extra consistency and meterage outside. Future mayor of Kalgoorlie.

Shep - great story. A champion half back flanker with fantastically crafted skills. A tactical thinker who consistently dismantles dangerous opposition players.

Darling - must be the best set shot in comp if shooting within a 60* angle and 45m’s to goal (surely). May be quiet at times but marks it like a champion when it counts and draws defenders when not.

Liam Ryan - Freakish skills. Hope he maintains a focus on doing the basics as the highlights will happen (from little things…).

Kelly - silky skills, the Rolls Royce. How good is he (in our team)? We’re going to see in the second half of ‘21.

Duggan - a no frills, better than your average support. He’ll build after a long lay off. Important player with skills.

Cripps - Good when not fumbling - again, important player when creating up the ground a bit and taking scoring shots when they present instead of forcing them.

Cole - Simmo obviously loves him and one can see why. A great clubman, the unassuming sort every champion team needs.

What I’d like to see -

Keep playing L. Edwards. Bloke is obviously a footballer and does not seem overawed. Has been mentored by one of the best since he was in nappies. Back him and his pedigree.

Foley - again, a footballer with spatial awareness and a very handy kick. Like LEdwards and HEdwardsa game is too small a sample to generalise but one gets the feeling they are the spark to ignite this mix of players.

JJ - bloke is great for the team with his enthusiasm and pressure. Has some x-factor too, but knows the value of doing the onepercenters.

Waterman - must start on bench. Good kick for goal and ancillary forward who can pop up (albeit enigmatically). He won’t be happy being on the fringe and will come good with the effort he brings.

Rotham - athletic footballer. I like his ability to find the ball and use it by foot - has the smarts and will keep learning and developing.

Win against Tigers must be emphasised as a moment upon which belief is realised. With belief there’s no stopping West Coast. I’m a believer.

Here’s a post-script, left field idea. Can Ah Chee be re-tasked as a tagger? Bloke is a tough albeit maligned competitor who just can’t settle in a role - could this be it? Has the hunger.

FFS Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

As soon as the media start pumping up our tires the players heads get massive and they start drinking their own bath water.

When we are written off we start playing better. FACT!

FFS Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

As soon as the media start pumping up our tires the players heads get massive and they start drinking their own bath water.

When we are written off we start playing better. FACT!
Yup

would much rather viccos slagging our boys off for some angry yeo and co

Remove this Banner Ad

Back