Review Positives and Negatives - UP THE BLOODY COASTERS EDITION - Rd 13

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The ultimate savage moment was footage of Simmo at the end. look on Simmo's face 100% savage "here we go again boys! coast to coast". Literally, he knew that is going to happen and there was nothing Tigers could do about it. Simmo actually tweaked his game plan this week which I might say was a surprise for me. Both coaches did well.

It was a great game and I still cant believe we won without 4 AA players and crucial players missing.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
i thought Martin got the 3 brownlow votes for mine. he didnt get many possessions but whenever he did it was telling

Reckon young Edwards might be close for a vote .....I was amazed of his performance for a 2nd game player awesome

11 possies in the last quarter and 4 score involvements when they game is on the line just great stuff from the young fella

13k 14 Hb just really good :)

navi_

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
deadest love Redden hes having a ripping year for us when the mids as a group have been down

has so much angry campaigner energy about him always getting stuck into blokes or giving them something to go on with

when he realised jack graham was just smacking him on the ground trying to handball he just thought fk this and drove his forearm back into graham. need more of that im not gonna cop this attitude.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
The ultimate savage moment was footage of Simmo at the end. look on Simmo's face 100% savage "here we go again boys! coast to coast". Literally, he knew that is going to happen and there was nothing Tigers could do about it. Simmo actually tweaked his game plan this week which I might say was a surprise for me. Both coaches did well.

It was a great game and I still cant believe we won without 4 AA players and crucial players missing.

What I did notice being at the game was the amount of players the tiges had behind the ball

Consistently Darling/JK & Allen where going up against 2-3 players in the marking contest. But what it did was give us an opportunity to go down the middle.

I though Hurn and the younger players in our backline used the corridor to good effect and it caught the tiges on the hop.

The tiges have awesome running ability but we exposed a chink in there armour which I believe other teams could expose going forward

Langdon having a shot early from 45m which came up 10m short made me turn to my missus and say "why would you have a shot if you know you can't make the distance"

Anyway shook it off until later on when the campaigner does it again! This time from even further out! Like what the hell, have you learned nothing? Waste everyone's time.

For someone who was very happy and bullish with that trade, and talked up how good it was for us, I'm not rating Langdon in West Coast Colours.

It's not just these 2 dumb acts, I just feel like he operates slower than everyone else, like he's in his own space world. Makes real odd decisions at times, like the one he DID pass (and miss) to JK when he could've had a shot from 25m.

16 touches, 9 marks, 2 tackles doesn’t scream awful. But he'd be my first out for Petch post by i reckon. Handy depth.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Just happy that the salty Tigers (led by Damien Hardon) are bitching about the legitimacy of Ryan's pass to JK.

Ryan was in the act of kicking at the k in the first of the bankwest signs and JK marks it at the s two signs later.

If someone wants to measure the signs, Ok. I actually think it was fine and over 15 m.

It almost feels a comedown that it was legal. Pity, as it is wonderful hearing the moans and complaints from Swan St.

View attachment 1154798
View attachment 1154805

And let's be honest, do any of us really care whether or not it was legal?

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Langdon having a shot early from 45m which came up 10m short made me turn to my missus and say "why would you have a shot if you know you can't make the distance"

Anyway shook it off until later on when the campaigner does it again! This time from even further out! Like what the hell, have you learned nothing? Waste everyone's time.

For someone who was very happy and bullish with that trade, and talked up how good it was for us, I'm not rating Langdon in West Coast Colours.

It's not just these 2 dumb acts, I just feel like he operates slower than everyone else, like he's in his own space world. Makes real odd decisions at times, like the one he DID pass (and miss) to JK when he could've had a shot from 25m.

16 touches, 9 marks, 2 tackles doesn’t scream awful. But he'd be my first out for Petch post by i reckon. Handy depth.

Agree that he is handy depth, he is not as crap as some say and he has a fair dinkum crack. Yes he lacks some polish and that is why he will be depth. Petch could only dream of those stats on a consistent basis. I would have Zac ahead of Petch but lets face it if somehow we can get most of our best on the park neither of them will be in our best 22.

Very worried about Cole and Nelson, they make basic mistakes often and I am scared every time they get their hands on the ball, another 2 players who I don't see in our best 22 if we can get players back.

Great win last night. Take it every day of the week.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Quick drive by Gils place this morning...
200.gif

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
This graphic was on TwitterView attachment 1154831
It looked like a short kick because Ryan kept running and closed the distance since so it felt like he was up to JK when JK marked it. Certainly watching on tv looked longer than plenty of kicks that had been paid marks during the game.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Well firstly Up the mother faaaaarking coasters and EABBODs you AFL sponsored Rugby campaigners.
Secondly I would love to take the credit as the lucky charm being my first game at Optus and all.
But seriously what a bloody awesome stadium it is. Lets put another 40000 seats in the place and become the new home of football. Shits over the MCG.
My Boy Yeo with a beast of a last quarter showing us all how much we missed him. I think I chose the right player to sponsor.

Nearly a full team effort last night from the boys. Even the lads that were quiet had important contributions.

Lastly I watched security at the Camfield absolutley steam roled a campaigner on the lawn.
The bloke needs to be hired as our tackling coach.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
This is silly. we had momentum and dominated last 10. game over we won. the decision was close. fortune favors the brave and we were surging. This passage did not win us the game, what happened in last 10 minutes repeated entries did. Also umpires gave many 50-50 calls tigers way and had they called play on for this they would have probably needed security to leave the stadium.
Lol - umps always need security to leave the stadium (but I get your point).

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Well firstly Up the mother faaaaarking coasters and EABBODs you AFL sponsored Rugby campaigners.
Secondly I would love to take the credit as the lucky charm being my first game at Optus and all.
But seriously what a bloody awesome stadium it is. Lets put another 40000 seats in the place and become the new home of football. Shits over the MCG.
My Boy Yeo with a beast of a last quarter showing us all how much we missed him. I think I chose the right player to sponsor.

Nearly a full team effort last night from the boys. Even the lads that were quiet had important contributions.

Lastly I watched security at the Camfield absolutley steam roled a campaigner on the lawn.
The bloke needs to be hired as our tackling coach.
Lol - I saw about ten guards running over there but wasn't close enough to see what happened.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry to intrude but if you can’t see how that umpiring assisted you to win then you have a problem. That was some of the worst I have seen for a long time.

Like the soft as baby poo 50m Coleman-Jones got that put him directly in front on the goal line?

And it wasnt the only soft free Richmond got either.

So go cry you a river ya one eyed sook.....

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How are you guys feeling about not taking Luke Edwards? 😍
Great that he looks the goods, but really would have come with too much baggage at the Crows for mine. He’s divided Crows supporters...not him, but the selecting of him was always a debate. Dad Tyson was a great player for us but there’s been an unsavoury fall out with the club and I for one wouldn’t have wanted the ongoing saga.

But enjoy! Hope he ends up a gun like his dad.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
All the people whinging about Ryan's kick are pretty quiet about the two hands and push in Jones' back in the very last passage of play that should have been a free kick and shot on goal.
Or with 3:40 left on the clock when Cripps got tackled off the ball in the forward pocket or the Bolton free kick for a “high tackle” at our half forward line when even he was confused he’d gotten the free kick. There are a stack of such calls each game. Fact is if you have 80% of the ball for the quarter in your forward half you’re going to create opportunities. Tigers defenders couldn’t handle the constant pressure

Seriously though, for Dusty to have even been able to find that much space to get the ball in his hands in the final 30 seconds is beyond stupid by us. At that final center bounce all and sundry could see what was going to happen. Every eagles fan watching around me was screaming "man up Martin!!"

What happens: Nelson plays too loose, the ball ends up in Dustys hands and he has the chance to win it for them

Thankfully, it didn't cost us this time. But he should never have been afforded that much space in the first place.
Here is the centre bounce. Redden is on Martin and the Eagles win it forward through Yeo.
25680F21-6C6C-4981-8B32-FB57ECDC5D3F.jpeg

This is 15 seconds later, after Richmond push Jones over and Grimes clears it. Redden has crept forward following the ball, leaving Dusty in the process. Dusty does what he does best and stands still in the centre of the ground waiting for the play to come to him. Nelson is coming from up field to get to the next man in the chain, happens to be Dusty.

7A53889C-7611-4B06-B32F-DDA93AC7ACBE.jpeg

If you want to blame anyone for not “manning up”, it’s Redden who went to influence a contest he had no chance of getting to, while footy’s most dangerous player stood in the centre circle and hoped the opportunity to get dangerous would happen.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Great that he looks the goods, but really would have come with too much baggage at the Crows for mine. He’s divided Crows supporters...not him, but the selecting of him was always a debate. Dad Tyson was a great player for us but there’s been an unsavoury fall out with the club and I for one wouldn’t have wanted the ongoing saga.

But enjoy! Hope he ends up a gun like his dad.
I was in Cairns on Saturday to enjoy your blokes doing a number on the saints. I reckon the Crows aren't far off it. Not this year but next year I can see a quick climb up the ladder- you have some great young talent and the work ethic was very evident.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
The boys were unmatched by Richmonds skill and organisation around the ground all game, it was pure heart that got them home - the best kind of win 👍👍👍 love that they did it with Edwards x2, Foley. Will be magic for their development.

I've been saying for weeks. Trust and play the kids, they bring the energy. Edwards x 2 and Foley lifted and the older boys lifted with them.

Yeo is looking better with every run he gets.

Last edited:

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Here is the centre bounce. Redden is on Martin and the Eagles win it forward through Yeo.View attachment 1154889

This is 15 seconds later, after Richmond push Jones over and Grimes clears it. Redden has crept forward following the ball, leaving Dusty in the process. Dusty does what he does best and stands still in the centre of the ground waiting for the play to come to him. Nelson is up field to get to the next man in the chain, happens to be Dusty.

View attachment 1154890

If you want to blame anyone for not “manning up”, it’s Redden who went to influence a contest he had no chance of getting to, while footy’s most dangerous player stood in the centre circle and hoped the opportunity to get dangerous would happen.

Really, it is very, very, very easy to get one of your men, and instruct them as follows:

"Do not let Dusty get out of arms length. Stick to him like glue. There is 30 seconds left. Where he goes, you go"

Its amazing how guys like Dusty keep ending up in "lucky" positions when the game is on the line. Over and over again.

And I agree with you: Redden had a stellar game but to be drawn to the ball, leaving Dusty of all people on his own, is beyond stupid.

Had that cost us the game, we would have been roasting this exact passage of play/footage as a monumental brain fade

Back