Review Positives and Negatives - UP THE BLOODY COASTERS EDITION - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Who fu**in cares....let the Vics/tuggas b!tch and moan that WC were also given an armchair ride with the free kicks.
Pre-match emphasising that theTuggas with the travelling schedule..
Missing tuggas players - unfair advantage when playing at Optus..
WA crowd unsportsmanlike.....boooo
blah blah blah...
You should've actually watched it lol, they actually praised us and had no issue with the kick.

Jeez this was a thing of beauty. I was there and the sheer volume of the crowd was something else - up there with Nic Nat's hanger and goal after the siren against Norf at Subi.

A few thoughts after watching the replay:

+ Kennedy obviously incredible but how good was Ryan collecting it off the deck - so clean and composed. Wasn't a huge night for him but never stopped working and made it count when it mattered

+ Cripps had an underrated game and looks to have turned the corner after a bad patch. Stuck his tackles, worked exceptionally hard and drilled an important set shot goal late in the game, as did Waterman

* Barrass having his best season and would have to be giving Nic some competition for the JW medal. Harry Edwards also had some terrific moments and Hurn put in a vintage performance

* My man Jack Redden was outstanding - for a guy who doesn't look overly huge he is deceptively strong and his hands are so good in the clinches. Produced exactly the kind of performance we needed against a team like Richmond. Him and Yeo seem to feed off each other, both contested beasts and fierce competitors

- Poor JD - as if it wasn't bad enough getting straight up murdered by Nick Vlastuin on his birthday, he also had a classic Darling moment of taking his eyes of the footy and getting bonked on the head. Just wasn't his night.

- Langdon's inability to make the distance is basically unforgivable for an AFL forward. He tries hard but just isn't a good enough decision maker at this level

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the season, I hope this is a performance we can build upon. We've found a genuine star in the making in Luke Edwards plus a couple of very promising talents in HEdwards and Foley. And when we play with that kind of fighting spirit, we're just about capable of beating anyone

All his meters gained don’t matter much when the ball kept landing in Hurns’ arms moite!
Bang on. In the 4th quarter he had at least 4 carry and kicks that would have been 70m gained each (including carry). 1 was marked by Langdon, the other 3 were all marked by Hurn. There is half his meters gained for the game right there.
Someone put up a graphic earlier showing Dusty as BOG with a huge last quarter. Obviously it doesnt take into account clangers as he was a turn over merchant in the last.

Last edited:
+ Upon a pleasurable replay it looked as if Ryan did a brilliant job of assessing Elliot's kick and put the slight bump and run on the Tiger defender to avoid any contest knowing he could run the ball down and continue play to the forward 50. That's what stars do.

+ Great contribution by the youngsters

+ Elliot Freakin' Yeo...so glad he is back

+ Barrass is having a star campaign

Bang on. In the 4th quarter he had at least 4 carry and kicks that would have been 70m gained each (including carry). 1 was marked by Langdon, the other 3 were all marked by Hurn. There is half his meters gained for the game right there.
Someone put up a graphic earlier showing Dusty as BOG with a huge last quarter. Obviously it doesnt take into account clangers as he was a turn over merchant in the last.

37 turnovers by the Tigers wasn't it?

Dusty can be a blunt weapon when it comes to field kicking. The number of times he just roosts a 50m ugly wobbly punt that actually works is incredibly lucky.

Last edited:
37 turnovers by the Tigers wasn't it?

Dusty is a blunt weapon when it comes to field kicking. The number of times he roots a 50m ugly wobbly punt that actually works is incredible yh lucky.
He’s a brilliant kick, but I suspect it’s part of Richmond’s success that they kick mongrels inside 50 unless they have an obvious free target.

Their small forward brigade know their #1 job is to pressure the s**t out of opposition defenders so the chaos ball works more often than not. Often they just handball it to open grass waiting to pounce

He’s a brilliant kick, but I suspect it’s part of Richmond’s success that they kick mongrels inside 50 unless they have an obvious free target.

Their small forward brigade know their #1 job is to pressure the sh*t out of opposition defenders so the chaos ball works more often than not. Often they just handball it to open grass waiting to pounce

Yeah, this is what Richmond have built 3 flags off of. They rugby-scrum the ball into their forwardline and then tackle like madmen to force I50 turnovers and kick cheapies from about 15-20m out. Its ugly as all f*ck to watch but, like many things in life, the simplest approach is often one of the most effective.

Yeah, this is what Richmond have built 3 flags off of. They rugby-scrum the ball into their forwardline and then tackle like madmen to force I50 turnovers and kick cheapies from about 15-20m out. Its ugly as all f*ck to watch but, like many things in life, the simplest approach is often one of the most effective.
They also pin point targets pretty often too, but cleverly they have realised that it makes no sense bombing it to a contest given how many sides feed off those intercept marks these days.

Their small forward brigade know their #1 job is to pressure the sh*t out of opposition defenders so the chaos ball works more often than not. Often they just handball it to open grass waiting to pounce

He's like a lot of the stars of the comp (he is probably a slightly better kick than many of them) - if you get it enough, and send it I50 enough, you are going to have some turnovers/clangers.

The difference is 2-fold, firstly if you are good enough to get it 30-odd times and use it well 21-25 of those times then you are going to hurt teams. Secondly, when the positions you get it in are inherently attacking (compared to say a Tom Mitchell at the Hawks, who would have high efficiency but not the same match impact) you are going to be involved in scores more often.

He's a star - but he does do 1-2 'really bad' turnovers a game (in that they look bad) - but that is the life of an attacking mid, Shuey does similar, so does Yeo etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's like a lot of the stars of the comp (he is probably a slightly better kick than many of them) - if you get it enough, and send it I50 enough, you are going to have some turnovers/clangers.

The difference is 2-fold, firstly if you are good enough to get it 30-odd times and use it well 21-25 of those times then you are going to hurt teams. Secondly, when the positions you get it in are inherently attacking (compared to say a Tom Mitchell at the Hawks, who would have high efficiency but not the same match impact) you are going to be involved in scores more often.

He's a star - but he does do 1-2 'really bad' turnovers a game (in that they look bad) - but that is the life of an attacking mid, Shuey does similar, so does Yeo etc.
He’s an inside mid so his is prone to have a couple bad kicks. That said he is still one of the best kicks in the comp(would say the same thing about Shuey).

Watching Yeo in 2017, his kicking was a thing of beauty and he was nailing some absolute left foot darts on a regular basis. Unfortunately he lost that game after he became a midfield bull.

When the commentators said: "richmond have had to travel 11000km in 4 week" against the eagles.

Im just like wot. So when eagles have to do 15000km in 4 weeks, it not an excuse for the eagles, but for every other time it okay.

Imagine if we were a melb base club

And they put up a map of Australia and flights to show how far they had travelled.

All of a sudden the Vic media are focusing on the tough travel load for poor old Richmond.

All good. Tigers have a nice stretch of MCG games coming up.........maybe!

I genuinely have no idea why the term “chaos ball” annoys me so much.

Maybe it’s because every time I read it, I hear Dwayne Russell yelling it in my head.

This is from an old Bay 13 thread, epic effort:

FG4pW.png k

Remove this Banner Ad

Back