F87C4633-3F79-44D4-BDA8-71E901953D3A.jpeg

What a guy 😍

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
Positives: TK's on, Oscar's purple patch, Ainsworth was solid, Cole has some mongrel.
The hub's done and we've come through not brilliantly, but not destroyed
JK played well and has lifted in the last couple, against a good defender today. Shooting straight and he would've had 4.
Midfield setup looked better, Gaff tagged out of the game but cleared space for TK/Yeo to move

Negatives: Darling. See how he goes back home, but too many more like that and he'll be in the WAFL
Some baffling umpiring- calls and non-calls alike

I didn't get to watch the game but what happened to Andrew Gaff today?
Ben Keays locked him down so he created space for TK and others

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Positive
+ Tim Kelly finding some form and connection with the midfield group
+ Best game from McGovern this year
+ Barrass strong
+ Cameron back in the fold - even if he didn't have a lot of impact
+ NicNat giving silver service. Big impact in the middle.
+ Oscar continuing to impress

Negative
- Kennedy clogging up a list spot. Constantly being worked over in the contest and poor kicking for goal
- Ryan seems to be competing in the air a lot less than last year
- We missed a big opportunity to get a percentage sugar hit

Last edited:

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Good win and did what we needed to. Leaving the hub on an even W/L is a huge W after that start. Only downside is not fixing up the % over the last 2 weeks but I’ll take the wins and hope we can ambush some teams back in Perth like we were against GC and Brisbane.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I didn't get to watch the game but what happened to Andrew Gaff today?
He played a good strategic game. Was tagged so dragged his opponent away from the ruck contest which opened up space for Kelly, Sheed and Yeo to run into and puck up clearances. Very unselfish game. Unfortunately when he did get the pill his skills and decision making let him down IMO, had several turn overs.

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
+ Darling, Cripps, TK all looking like they're gaining confidence and finding some form
+ Nelson & Cole have settled into the side. Best 22 players atm
+ Duggan looks a beauty. If he gets a haircut, could be our next captain.
+ Despite our atrocious form, we leave the hub with a respectable 3-3 record.

- Ainsworth, much as I want to see him succeed, looks out of his depth.
- Ryan has gone missing last few games
- The HTB interpretation is rubbish. As bad as that female ump was, it's the dumb new interpretation that is causing these dumb decisions.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Positive
+ Tim Kelly finding some form and connection with the midfield group
+ Best game from McGovern this year
+ Barrass strong
+ Cameron back in the fold - even if he didn't have a lot of impact
+ NicNat giving silver service. Big impact in the middle.
+ Oscar continuing to impress

Negative
- Kennedy clogging up a list spot. Constantly being worked over in the contest and poor kicking for goal
- Darling way down on effort and didn't compete hard enough
- Ryan seems to be competing in the air a lot less than last year
- We missed a big opportunity to get a percentage sugar hit
Reckon that is really tough on both JK and JD. JK should have had 4 goals on one of the best lock down defenders in the comp. Competed really well and was absolutely mauled a number of times with no free kick. I would take that game from him against the No 1 defender each and every week as would most teams.
JD still not back to his best but he clunked a couple of really good contesred marks and his knock ons to advantage his team mates was back. I reckon 2 goals were a result of that. He was also drawing 2 defenders up the ground and breaking even. Not at his best but much better than previous weeks and makes the likes of Allan and Watermans jobs much easier. Both blokes are vital to our flag this year and they have improvement left.

wc_eagles_since86

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2019
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Liverpool
+'s
NN dominance - he's so goooood
continuing our build towards more wins
gelling much better
Kelly getting better: I appreciate the fact he said himself that he hasn't been great: that's an honest man right there
Allen - as we've said it - legend in the making
I hate to say this (been calling for his coasting-self to be dropped), but the last two games Sheed has been much, much, much better (his kicking still needs work - hack central)
Kennedy not accurate but influential
Commentators not having an opportunity to mention Cameron from the Lions. Any opportunity to mention that guy at the moment and the commentators literally explode all over themselves. "The sky is blue today. Yeah Charlie Cameron loves a blue sky."
Barrass and McCheeseburger doing wonderful backline stuff - back to their best

-'s
3rd quarter / 4th quarter momentum loss - we could have put a huge nail in their coffin but instead coasted... reminiscent of last season
hack kicking is an issue: we need to stop doing it so often: countless Adelaide marks off of them
Ryan seems off (his assisting is still there but not quite his game defining self)
Darling - just not good enough
Tackling - we let far too many slipped tackles happen today. Against a better side that would have cost us massively.

Overall, pretty happy to see how we are progressing: the dark clouds not so dark any more after 2 wins and HEADING HOME. I can't wait to hear more Victorian sob stories .. schadenfreude for the win.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
A solid win - by the law book they were gifted three goals. Our back line was good as usual, general tackling and forward pressure isnt strong enough. Mids and Nic were good. O Allen again. Gaff was smart. Not happy with the forwards - at times we look disinterested. Time for possible changes? Mind you, the entries are terrible. We ignore the short lead at 40 for the bomb to the pocket inviting the flood.

We should get the ump for the other end of the ground into our forward line (nah they were all trash)

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
+ Darling, Cripps, TK all looking like they're gaining confidence and finding some form
+ Nelson & Cole have settled into the side. Best 22 players atm
+ Duggan looks a beauty. If he gets a haircut, could be our next captain.
+ Despite our atrocious form, we leave the hub with a respectable 3-3 record.

- Ainsworth, much as I want to see him succeed, looks out of his depth.
- Ryan has gone missing last few games
- The HTB interpretation is rubbish. As bad as that female ump was, it's the dumb new interpretation that is causing these dumb decisions.
The problem was the HTB without prior only went one way and only by Elainie. She had a shocker.

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
TK a big plus.

Ultimately we leave Queensland a win away from top four, with an eight week home stand (or so) on the way.

I can live with that.
Im glad we’ve had quite a few results go our way that has clogged up the ladder. If you’re 15th at the end of round 5 you’re usually cooked because the gap is 3 or so games.. even moreso in a 17 round season. Freos win today was another one. Just keeping it wide open and keeping everyone 1 game away from each other. Absolutely ideal going into a 5-7 game home run.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Thought Ainsworth played okay. More than fine for him to be handball happy and a goal.

Cole, Duggan, & Nelson have been fantastic the last two weeks. No idea what has changed but really like it.

The tackling of the team has really improved, very pleased to see.

Negatives can wait, two wins that we haven't been our best in I'll take and get back home.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
+ Nelson very good, Cole and Duggan good.
Gov better.
Redden has had a couple of good weeks.
Kelly plenty of clearances and tackles.
Nic bossed the centre.
Ainsworth did ok, played to his limitations, will get better I reckon.

- Gaff, it's ok making space cos you're getting tagged but you have to make the most of the fewer opportunities, he didn't.
Hurn is way off the pace.
Ah Chee goes missing for big chunks of the game.
Cameron wasn't noticed.
Cripps did a couple of nice things but overall.... meh

Back