Autopsy Positives and Negatives v Adelaide RND 6 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
The difference in pressure application in the two most recent matches is due to the tactical shift towards pressing higher up the ground, whereas prior to that the club were allowing opponents to exit out of defensive 50 with ease.

In two weeks with that revised system in place the club has gone from outright worst to near best in the competition for the amount of pressure applied upon the opposition.

Would the removal of Brander as a wingman and Gaff playing that defensive role instead is it making a big difference on the midfield makeup?

At the moment i think whats missing is just the Mid-Forward connection which can be fixed.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
The difference in pressure application in the two most recent matches is due to the tactical shift towards pressing higher up the ground, whereas prior to that the club were allowing opponents to exit out of defensive 50 with ease.

In two weeks with that revised system in place the club has gone from outright worst to near best in the competition for the amount of pressure applied upon the opposition.

I love Jetta and hope he can force his way back, but I think more aggression from half back, guys like Duggan, Nelson and Cole, have really helped there.

Jetta doesn't really have that aggression, but I hope we can find a role for him. Jetta + inside 50s = Premiership :D

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I think there was 1 game last year where we looked like 2018 coasters. It was the first grand final replay at MCG when we towled Collingwood.

Moved them ball really well, hit targets, clunked pack marks and scored highly.

Since that game I can't recall the team firing the same.
I lost my voice at that game. Was a lot of fun. I thought we were back in bizness

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I think there was 1 game last year where we looked like 2018 coasters. It was the first grand final replay at MCG when we towled Collingwood.

Moved them ball really well, hit targets, clunked pack marks and scored highly.

Since that game I can't recall the team firing the same.

The Richmond game at the G also (round 22 I think?). I know we lost (and there may have been patches of the game we played poorly or would play differently in hindsight - although I think there was that at stages in 2018 also) - but we absolutely demolished them in the first quarter. Then the rain came and we took ages to adjust - and had another crack at the end and lost a few critical contests (and eventually the match by 6 points). I'm not sure anyone got remotely close to Richmond again after that (sadly we went the other way).

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
This season feels like last year a bit. Both years 3-3.

3 losses hefty losses.

The difference last year we had 2 decent wins v contenders GWS and Coll away.

We really need to make the most of the home hub and climb out way back up the ladder before we're shipped off to Uzbekistan.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast

1594703418829.png

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast

I think our pressure has improved across the ground also (not just forward 50) - significantly in the midfield and around stoppages.

It felt like (and I have no statistical analysis to back this up) our ability to turn a potential clearance against back into a 50/50 contest has improved significantly from quarter time onward in the Sydney game. Obviously the connection with Nic helps that as well (where teams go from being positive and trying to shark taps, to being more negative as they don't want to get burnt by their opponent), but it feels like the strategy, player application and personnel changes have all had significant parts to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back