Autopsy Positives and Negatives v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the praise; the jury’s still out on Basso.
Needs to fill out a lot and go a bit harder

He missed almost all of the preseason due to injury and then family tragedy.

He’s 19 (turns 20 after our season is over) and only in his second year playing against seasoned players.

He’s tracking great. Like others we will probably start to see his best in 2025.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Man I love Schoey. Never would've thought back in 2007 or whatever that this late pick skinny cross country runner would last long in the system, but to see him have the career he did, become more reliable every year, win a flag and now parlay that into a solid media career where he is actually interesting to listen to without being a hot take peddler is so cool.

I mean even the fact that he still works with the club but calls them out on the regular is a fine balancing act but he always does it well.

This all has nothing to do with the weekend's game, I just *ing love the guy.

I think Schofield's straight to the point, no bullshit talk may be what led to this supposed beef he and Simpson had during his last few years. The soft family club might not have liked everything he had to say.

Would've fit in well with our 2006 team.

The club tweeted and did an Instagram post that DeGoey had been referred to the tribunal

There was no added comment just a link to the AFL decision. Essentially a statement of fact

Collingwood supporters sooked up a storm that dwarfed last nights rainfall because of it

Now we’re apologising for something that was completely fine
TBH, I don't like that we tweeted that. It looked pretty and merely opened us up to further criticism.

Between Dom's comments, the media team's and the lack of action at the time, it's drawn the criticism to be levelled at us rather than JDG. Such a shitshow.

Whether JDG gets weeks or not is completely irrelevant to us. Shut your gob, grow a pair, and focus on the controllables.

Should we have apologised? I don't really care but it was likely an overreaction due to multiple stupid things that we've done.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gaff would have kicked that goal from 25m out in front it would have put another lift through the players. They all would have known the pressure he was under and how much it would have meant to him.
Instead, misses a simple set shot, they go down and slot 1....2.....3 more, instant deflation.

What a difference having someone in the middle who hates losing and wants to win. Yeo has been surely missed.
We finally get three experienced players in the middle, Yeo, Sheed, Kelly, and we actually took it right up to the flag favourites even with 3 players gone by qtr time.

Not sure if anyone noticed Ginbeys face when the final siren went but I don't think he likes losing either. Was massively Pi55ed off.

Positives - We do have game style that can compete and when we get better personnel on the ground we will be much better. Particularly a more complete forward line.

Negatives - been too many lately, don't need to rehash them.

Have you watched our s**t-stain "leaders" let their team mates, let alone kids they don't know, get s**t-mixed and fail to remonstrate for years?

Would not want to go over the top with any of them. Schoey was the last bloke with heart on our list.

Frikkin' nobody Greg Clark had to try and fly the flag solo, after he came on as the sub.

Embarrassing club culture.
Nah, as crap at football as he was/is, Jakson Nelson woulda run over and started something with degoey, i bet

If Gaff would have kicked that goal from 25m out in front it would have put another lift through the players. They all would have known the pressure he was under and how much it would have meant to him.
Instead, misses a simple set shot, they go down and slot 1....2.....3 more, instant deflation.

What a difference having someone in the middle who hates losing and wants to win. Yeo has been surely missed.
We finally get three experienced players in the middle, Yeo, Sheed, Kelly, and we actually took it right up to the flag favourites even with 3 players gone by qtr time.

Not sure if anyone noticed Ginbeys face when the final siren went but I don't think he likes losing either. Was massively Pi55ed off.

Positives - We do have game style that can compete and when we get better personnel on the ground we will be much better. Particularly a more complete forward line.

Negatives - been too many lately, don't need to rehash them.
cut ou the hysterical exageration, Gaff was a good 28-30m out

DeGoey pleading guilty and asking for 3 weeks. AFL pushing for an extra week

For all the kerfuffle since Saturday it’s going to land in the 3-4 week range most people expected

If he gets 4, his next game will be July 15 (sucked in Freo) a total of 42 days from our game. Or one might say a month or two off

639E8775-3D28-4A66-B55F-F15F8A3D647A.jpeg

Russell (Pies): The incident has impacted upon him (De Goey) quite severely.

Says the incident impacted the rest of De Goey's game.

I hope the Eagles apologise for this

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

DeGoey pleading guilty and asking for 3 weeks. AFL pushing for an extra week

For all the kerfuffle since Saturday it’s going to land in the 3-4 week range most people expected

If he gets 4, his next game will be July 15 (sucked in Freo) a total of 42 days from our game. Or one might say a month or two off

View attachment 1706169
Incidentally I have briefed Andrew Woods on several occasions, usually on planning or contractual disputes.
He's a good operator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back