Positives and Negatives vs 5,480

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite part of Wateman's game was his forward 50 entry that he kicked into space for JK only for Yeo to mess it up with a one handed attempt. Unlike Waterman to hit field kicks like that and Yeo ruined it!

Masten got some pretty bad handballs and kicks and turned them into good plays with clean half volleys.

Both had only 4 pressure acts and 0 tackles.

Masto. Take a bow. Really got back defensively tonight and made his forward forays count. Basically outbodied Mckernan in a marking contest which is ridiculous. Copped some hospital balls at his knees and turned them into the start of decent plays. Really impressive.

Also copped roaming Brian and palmed him off nicely. Well done old chap

Shuey's best game in a month I think. The difference being his disposal and vision. Too many times the second half of the year he's blazed away unwarranted. Tonight he hit some bullets, gave handball releases when he had to and won the hard ball. His ball use was perfect, he only went for distance when he had no choice. 3 goal assists amongst his centre work

Jetta, untouchable. Those spins and goose steps are next level, his kicking is better than Hurn's now (although Hurn had some bullets too) and that superman spoil when the game is already done leads the way.

Schofield/Barrass/Gov - The mix just works. Hurn also played a much better game, has been worse since injury but is getting it right at the right time. Clever, clever footballer in any one on one contest.

Waterman, not as good as Ollen but will be pretty hard to drop him on that performance. Did everything right, those two set shot misses were pretty hard shots so I won't hold that against him.

Masten was super clean below his knees with some very awkward balls, thought that's him doing his role as it's meant to be done.

Redden is made for finals. That pathetic play for a free kick hopefully never happens again. He's tough as nails, stands up and wins the ball, hits the body hard. Seriously valuable player to have.

Gaff is the best winger in the game. Was some rubbish kicks under pressure but his run, positioning, standing under high balls and ball use in space was perfect. I love it how he's all about the team, he is never going for the individual play.

Cripps is invaluable, we need him to be injury free and consistent because he brings everyone together in that forwardline.

JK's best game for a long time, he's so much better giving handballs off, because it's swings and roundabouts and he gets the reward for it later. He can open up the game if he doesn't try break tackles and have snap shots, he can win us the game.

Darling was huge, maybe not in stats but he's just got that aura, he draws players to him and makes everyone else's life easier. Still sprinting 40m to lay a tackle late in the 4th when the game is already over.

Sheppherd is a ******* star ... so much game time, never gets a rest, covers other people and his kicking is so tidy.

Things that annoyed me;
- Ryan being "injured" after contests where he doesn't win it, I'm not sure if he doesn't know his body well, or if he's just chasing a rest.
- Yeo's ball use, missing simple passes, going for GOTY I don't mind but he didn't even come close and he's better when he just does the team stuff. However his marking was great tonight
- Sheed's tackling pressure when the game was on the line was top notch, best he's done since the Kangaroos game and then it goes missing when we're in front, it's indicative of the team relaxing with a lead and he needs to stop it. Loved his work overall though
- Players going for the GOTY (Ryan, Rioli, Yeo), or attempting to break more tackles when there's a handball release on, or doing one tap on too many when we've built a lead. The lead was built on team work, blocking for players, great handball releases into space and working for each other. This is what made Shuey's game so good today, all he wanted was the best option and he chose it every single time
- Nelson was pretty average with ball in hand, turning it over is one thing but doing it under no pressure is very bad, getting done HTB a few times as well isn't a good look. Duggan is a handy inclusion if he's injured, but Nelson is normally better than that so I don't mind if he keeps his spot.
- Hutchings ball use as well
- INACCURACY .... serious ******* problem, we should have wiped any of their spirit away much earlier and it always comes back to hurt us.
Nice summation but a bit harsh on Liam Ryan, have you seen his calves? any knock is basically hitting bone, that s**t hurts but comes good, as for needing a rest he was way out in front for sprints tonight on the field, had a great game.

Masto. Take a bow. Really got back defensively tonight and made his forward forays count. Basically outbodied Mckernan in a marking contest which is ridiculous. Copped some hospital balls at his knees and turned them into the start of decent plays. Really impressive.

Also copped roaming Brian and palmed him off nicely. Well done old chap
First part, absolutely, great game. Was clean when others weren't, was available in and exiting the D50. Played to his strengths. Awesome effort.

Second part though - between getting fended off by Masten, and my girlfriend saying "Oh god is this that bloody Wandering Merv again", it's been a ******* brutal night for BT. Piss off Merv.

First part, absolutely, great game. Was clean when others weren't, was available in and exiting the D50. Played to his strengths. Awesome effort.

Second part though - between getting fended off by Masten, and my girlfriend saying "Oh god is this that bloody Wandering Merv again", it's been a ******* brutal night for BT. p**s off Merv.
BT copped it big time. Was a good show for once

+ We finally beat Essendon in a final, one of my best mates is a Bomber supporter so feels good.
Schoey and Barrass, it's like eggs and pepper, they just go together.
I wonder how that Winker who used to sit in front of us at Subi and abuse Jetts and tell him to f#*k off back to Sydney cos he was f#kn useless feels now. I love Jetts he has increased my footy enjoyment quotient quite substantially.
What level is our forward line? well it's nek f#kn level.
I've had a shitload of beers, the negative will be if I blow up the breatho tomorrow.
Nic how could I leave him to now, love him.
Never really rated Heppel but he was good tonight even though wounded.
Masto was good, that also will piss off a lot of my fellow supporters at Optus.
No real negatives, I'm a happy camper :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody has mentioned Schofield's dance steps. Must surprise opposition fans to see him pull out a wicked side-step or do-si-do his way out of trouble.

Also looks to be growing full handlebars. Absolutely elite. Gonna enjoy watching those continue to grow over the next 3 weeks.

Anyway, gotta go. Promised myself I'd beat it to that NicNat one-handed tackle one more time before bed.

+ves
Jetta.
Nic Nat.
Schoey providing balance to the force.

-ves
Having to sit in the middle of a bunch of Bombers supporters, who started wishing harm on Eagles players once the game was 100% gone in the last quarter. Including comments about Nic Nat's knee etc.
I've generally got positive and negative stories to share about supporters from each team, but * Essendon supporters. * them to hell and back.

+ves
Jetta.
Nic Nat.
Schoey providing balance to the force.

-ves
Having to sit in the middle of a bunch of Bombers supporters, who started wishing harm on Eagles players once the game was 100% gone in the last quarter. Including comments about Nic Nat's knee etc.
I've generally got positive and negative stories to share about supporters from each team, but fu** Essendon supporters. fu** them to hell and back.

Don’t worry they’ll go to hell soon. They’ve already spent 5,500 days in purgatory.

+
Ball use throughout the night was elite
Boots
Our Small forwards
JK
Nic Nat
Defence
Reddog
Crippa

-
Nelson
Accuracy
Hickey

+ve
+ Nic Naitanui. Nuff said. Perma ban on the chumps suggesting he was too big a risk to play. Do you not realise he's our best player mother *ers.
+ JK looks the goods, would look better if we didn't burn him when he's on for the easy ones. Was also chasing, love the finals intensity JK
+ Mids stepped up big time
+ Gaff just kees on running. Such a hungry little campaigner
+ JD chasing campaigners like its 2011
+ Jetta is elite.
+ Willie front and centre
+ Waterman's workrate and marking

-ve
- that little hair pulling campaigner
- Redman
- Goal Kicking accuracy, probably something to do with where our shots were being taken
- that last kick inside 50 was wasteful at times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back