Positives and Negatives vs 5,480

Rioli has to be one of the best players in the comp with ball around HF/middle of ground.

Vision, skills, class.

He's insane. My fav Eagle.
Take a ticket on the Willie Train my friend.

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Nah, the first one he shrugged off one tackle straight into another. If he'd just let himself get wrapped up in the first tackle it would've been a ball-up.
You are right but this is the problem with the rule/interpretation. Make no attempt if you have had no prior and you are usually fine. Make an attempt to get out of the tackle and fend or shrug it and you get pinged. In fairness to Nelson, whilst the call was correct, he had few other options. Got the ball deep in defence, surrounded by players and immediately tackled, fought to get it out of it, succeeded and then immediately tackeld again and pinged. He certainly had no opportunity to do much else (other than as you say, let himself get wrapped up in the first tackle - but that doesn't really come naturally).

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
+ And on the third day, JK (Jesus Khrist) rose again to save humanity
+ 42 points from centre bounces despite ‘carrying’ Nic Nat No Stat because he’s terrible, right guys?
+ Dr. Lewis Jetta’s surgical precision
+ Willie in the middle makes my pants tight
+ calling Luke ‘September’ Shuey for the player of the finals
+ Gov and Barrass looked back in sync
+ Hickey had some great moments (again, terrible player though)
+ Something satisfying about seeing Merrett’s smug face get thrown down
+ seeing Naitanui chase down Saad made me wet my pants
+ mids all had moments
+ no real fade outs
+ consistency across all lines

- Nelson’s Head knock
- didn’t win by more
- bung still doesn’t look quite right
- Cameron ling still has a job

Woobla Stainz

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2014
Perth NOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Real Madrid
First time ive seen Nic live in about four years and I was shocked by how marked his influence is on a game. We are a deadset different team when he is in the ruck. Never seen a game ebb and flow off the back of one player like that. He is a superstar, the best player in AFL by some margin imo.
Yeah you could feel the momentum shift every time he went off for a rest. He has such a massive presence and influence. Could also tell that he has been told not to fly for big marks as it is risky. Very smart we don't need him taking mark of the year just dominate the Ruck!

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah you could feel the momentum shift every time he went off for a rest. He has such a massive presence and influence. Could also tell that he has been told not to fly for big marks as it is risky. Very smart we don't need him taking mark of the year just dominate the Ruck!
Momentum - I'll say. From virtually every stoppage he just gets the ball moving towards goal. Means our on-ballers are constantly running toward goal, he's running towards goal and the opposition are running towards our goal. No wonder we are seeing 45 points from stoppages off the back of deep fast clearances. You are 100% on you leaping for marks comment.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
D8F12833-84F3-444E-B369-747D6F8BF334.png

:(

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Why we won easy enough and we do have bigger fish to fry ..Just let him build for next week..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just in terms of his career. If he didn’t have his injuries during his prime and was able to get up to ~70 or 80% TOG I reckon we’d possibly have another flag under our belt and he’d have been close to the best player in the comp. The things he does for someone 6’7 with two cooked knees is insane.

Back