Positives and Negatives vs 5,480

Remove this Banner Ad

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
+Willies all round awesomeness,
Aside from his very good game, cleaning up bottles, my favourite bit of his evenings work, was when jogging past an Essendon player, he faked to punch him in the guts, but just jogged on by, Essendon player reacted trying to block the non existent punch.

Haha that was gold!

Mar 1, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Anyone else notice these specific 3 players arm in arm for the National Anthem:

my favourite bit of his evenings work, was when jogging past an Essendon player, he faked to punch him in the guts, but just jogged on by, Essendon player reacted trying to block the non existent punch.

I also saw this and thought it was amusing. Pretty sure that was Mckernan. Willy flinched him good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benji85

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
He’s not going to win any votes - but 3 times I saw Masten fight hard under a high ball and halve the contest

I don’t reckon I’ve seen him do that kn the last 100 games. Jetta did the same a couple of times

There was some desperation out there tonight
Masten really was very good, 21 disposals, 6 contested possies and 91% DE to go with it. The guy cops it, but last year he went up a gear for sure and his numbers last night were comparable to his output last year.

There was a run he did to get from one boundary to the other, at the grounds widest point where he absolutely worked his heart out and gave Sheppard an option when he was under pressure. No one else would have had the tank to make that run, not a chance but he got there and created the option, then used it superbly after. Almost 100% ToG for a hard running winger too, he played well.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Apologies for my Nic Nat love goo all over this thread but * me I can't help it. The Saad run down! Bloke is 7ft tall and weighs 120kg, has had two knee reconstruction and a dodgy ankle but has still run straight PAST Hutchings to nail one of the fastest players in the league? That shouldn't happen!

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
I usually yell at the tv when Nelson gets done holding the ball but both times he was unlucky there wasn't much he could do. He should play next week.
Small flaw in Jax's game is when he gets caught his instinct is to break the tackle. But in high traffic situations, he gets tackled again soon after. To improve he needs to also be thinking about how to dispose of the ball to our advantage.

Small flaw in Jax's game is when he gets caught his instinct is to break the tackle. But in high traffic situations, he gets tackled again soon after. To improve he needs to also be thinking about how to dispose of the ball to our advantage.

He wants to beast out of the tackle like Shuey or Yeo but doesn't quite have the strength to pull that off as yet.
The only thing Jacko did that peeved my off was a no pressure kick that he just blasted straight to a loose bomber standing on our F50...but he was not the only one guilty of that during the course of the game.

Nelson did plenty of good things last night IMO. Just had a couple of bad moments in the headlights.

Lot's of great signs from West Coast, intensity was definitely up. I think they are really looking forward to next weeks game too.
Signs after the game were fantastic.

Focused and knowing they've a hard road ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back