Review Positives and Negatives vs Adelaide - Round 5 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Positive: We won.

Negative: At what cost?

You’re absolutely right mate, BF isn’t for me, but I’m in one of those groups you lot pretend don’t see this stuff and I’m fed up. Just asking for a little bit more respect and humility in the posting that’s all.

Fair enough , Respect for your feelings and most on here have respect for any of the boys who get out there. Courage and work ethic is never in dispute but the fact is there is a difference in ability levels .Some are more gifted than others. Apart from the courage aspect players are going to be judged on their value to the team skillwise. AFL exists on fans involvement and criticism is part of the game. A media industry is built around it.
The personal attacks on players partners, the way they look, health is what should be clamped down on.

To punt, don't follow.
If you put yourself in the public's eye expect to be examined.
Sorry but BF is all about footy discussions . If discussing players strengths and weaknesses is not for you then BF isn't for you.

Strengths and weaknesses sure - but I can't but help think one player in particular at the moment gets a "Player X is not even an AFL player" and "another terrible moment" (In much less complimentary terms) so often and consistently without any real reasoning or consideration of these so called strengths and weaknesses that it becomes (1) self reaffirming for the group of supporters that say it rather than having any rational basis and (2) would be totally deflating for the player at the least if he or his family read it, particularly when he is clearly giving it his all. If a comment is'nt relatable to an actual action that happened isn't it just an insult?

Strengths and weaknesses sure - but I can't but help think one player in particular at the moment gets a "Player X is not even an AFL player" and "another terrible moment" (In much less complimentary terms) so often and consistently without any real reasoning or consideration of these so called strengths and weaknesses that it becomes (1) self reaffirming for the group of supporters that say it rather than having any rational basis and (2) would be totally deflating for the player at the least if he or his family read it, particularly when he is clearly giving it his all. If a comment is'nt relatable to an actual action that happened isn't it just an insult?
Unfortunately most are guilty of it from time to time & full credit to those who refrain.

I must admit I don’t particularly like the thread ‘guys who aren’t up to afl standard’ & I think as a supporter base we shouldn’t endorse those type of threads.

Unfortunately most are guilty of it from time to time & full credit to those who refrain.

I must admit I don’t particularly like the thread ‘guys who aren’t up to afl standard’ & I think as a supporter base we shouldn’t endorse those type of threads.

I think that particular thread should have been locked.

I can understand why posters are frustrated with the team losing most weeks but going after players in a thread made for it is pretty horrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back