Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Positives:

1. We won.

2. Brayshaw.

3. People who think Brayshaw is terrible getting a reality check.

4. Awesome game from Griffin Logue.

Negatives:

1. Adelaide threw that away. Very lucky to win.

I'll probably have some more thoughts when I settle down a bit. So good to hear the team song again.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
The biggest positive for me was Cerra. Loved his game (mostly) and Tucker was good too.

Hogan and Tabs were the negative for me. Not working at all well together.

Sturt is going to be an absolute ripper!

Serong didn’t go backwards from last week, Young not as good this week but was still really impressive.

Schultz is doing his job as the small pressure forward.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I legit thought Sam Sturt was everywhere and amazing all day. Couldn’t believe when I checked the stats he only had 11. I think he’s going to be one of those high half forwards who can actually play the impossible position.

The commentators called Duman Sturt a few times and they do look similar.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Positives
- Better pressure
- Youngsters like Sturt, Young and Serong getting into it
- Logue beasting it all day
- Mundy good as usual
- Brayshaw best player today

Negatives
- No leading in the forward line
- Schultz, Bewley and Duman not up to it. Schultz better of the 3 though
- Skills still poor but improving
- Nearly let it go

Acres needs to come in next week. Probably for Bewley or Conca

Aish is still a steal.
Still had trouble with clearances.
Brayshaw never, ever stops.
Cerra is building nicely.
Mundy needs to have his hair down every game, that's clearly the decider today.
Nice having an actual ruck.
Need to target Lobb more inside fifty.
Sturt is very clean too.

Logue. What a domination. Beast mode.

Young starting on the wing was interesting.

May 3, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pardon the intrusion, but a positive from an impartial viewer- there was a play with a bit over 2 minutes to go that started with a rebound 50, play was switched to Nathan Wilson on the far side. 9/10 that player marks, and stops, and starts trying to burn the clock. Wilson took off and continued to attack and actually WIN the game, rather than save it, and Tucker (I believe) goaled as a result. Just thought it was a great bit of play to finish things off.

Looking forward to a good battle next week :thumbsu:

Pardon the intrusion, but a positive from an impartial viewer- there was a play with a bit over 2 minutes to go that started with a rebound 50, play was switched to Nathan Wilson on the far side. 9/10 that player marks, and stops, and starts trying to burn the clock. Wilson took off and continued to attack and actually WIN the game, rather than save it, and Tucker (I believe) goaled as a result. Just thought it was a great bit of play to finish things off.

Tucker had just taken a big hit too in line with the half backs, ran his arse off to create an option up forward.

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle

I’m pretty sure Tucker won the clearance at half back and ran his arse off to get the mark and goal

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
+ We're finally on the board
+ Brayshaw and Cerra really stepped up
+ Sturt, Young and Serong all strong contributors
+ Logue was immense
+ Tucker really growing in importance
+ Thought Darcy had a solid game

- Our inside 50s were mostly terrible and has been for years. Just bomb it in too often and never looks like there's many leads going on to hit. Haven't worked out if this is a structure issue, forward issue, midfield issue or all of the above.
- Skills by both sides were very poor. Any Americans watching must think we're a country.of mongloids

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
+ ++ Logue - A beast, so athletic but showing he has a good mind for the game to go with his competitive nature. Superb in the absence of the big 2 and is leading the backs.
+++ - Sturt - what a breath of fresh air to see his one touch handling, great vision and safe execution even on his non-preferred foot. Like Logue, a bold draft selection that seems to be coming up a winner.
++ Cerra - A classy composed player that almost always makes the right decision and executes
++ Aish - ditto Cerra
++ Brayshaw - incredible effort and guts. I'm not sure he will ever be elite as his kicking is not really modern AFL standard but if he is never going to leave a thing on the park and he's decent by hand and makes good decisions.
++ Mundy - still has it, he's amazing.
++ Tucker - not sure he'll ever get big numbers but if he continues to get 20-ish and does the 1% he is a very solid player.
+ Darcy was good, was getting worried about him.
+ Ryan & Wilson improved as the game wore on.
+ Serong is not out of place, Young can play.

- I just can't see a place for Bewley and Shultz despite that they both bob up for moments.
Tabs missing that second shot (in the last Q) after standing up for the first one.
Hogan is still doing stupid things with his moments of looking brilliant.
Hill is wasted down back. Give him Bewley's wing and let him play.

Positives

• The way they wrestled back the momentum in the last quarter was great, midfield really stepped up with the clearances early and set the tone
  • Probably one of Brayshaw’s best, ditto with Cerra
  • Tucker’s effort for the last goal, the contest at half back and then running forward for the set shot was fantastic
  • Logue was sensational, loving his development
  • Very nice game by Sturt
Negatives
  • Whatever the hell the 2nd and 3rd quarters were
  • Bewley making up for the fumbles with Colyer out
  • Inside 50s in general sucked, so many wasted kicks. Hogan, Tabs and Lobb just getting in each other’s way
  • General skill level still isn’t great

stobes

Senior List
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pos - Brayshaw, Logue, Aish, Mundy all played great. Backline held up well

Neg - Forward line very fruatrating to watch, needs alot of work. Walters stinker, Bewley needs to go. Hogan 50 in last qtr just dumb

Back