Positives and Negatives vs Adelaide

Interesting game. Should have been flood gates and let it slip. Defence was baffling at times, and Adelaide kicked the lights out after quarter time. There we go.

+ Percentage is irrelevant if we just handle our business over the next fortnight
+ Darling, pissed off Yeo, Shep all very good
+ Willie Rioli, gun
+ Jake Waterman was quite good
+ Oscar Allen is a mad dog for such a young bloke
+ So wholly dominated stretches of that game, which leads me to

- No reward when we had the ascendency. Mystifying forward entry, truly the worst of the year, and just general head scratching ball use when the simple option was seemingly so obvious.
- Letting go of the rope, again. Really poor.
- Petch. Did some very good things but really makes it easy to single him out. He’s been this quick his entire life, how does he still overrun loose balls and tackles so badly? But then again plenty of good interceptions and tipped balls. But then again he can’t kick. What to make of him?
- Hutchings. Lost out there to me. If he’s not tagging, I don’t think he has a role. If he does, I don’t think it’s that one.
- Backs lost their heads. All over the shop for some simple goals, had one goal where Lynch and Nelson were wrestling which cost us three bodies to the biff and left Adelaide forwards loose. Sigh.

Win two more and we’re top two. Win one more, with Geelong beating Brisbane, and we’re very much alive for top two.

Uninspiring, but onto the Tigers.

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Negative:
-waste of a game should have won by 40+
-Kennedy struggling with the pace of the game
-eagles consistently get 2-4 goals up and go to sleep thinking the games win
-Hickey.....would to God Simpson had started playing Williams or brooksby earlier in the season because we get maybe 1 good quarter from hickey per game.
He's going to cost us in finals against quality ruckmen. Poor disposals generally from him as well as poor kicking on goal.

Positives
-win and 4 points
-oallen is a future champion and was worth taking him.
-Darling

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
+ Darling, closing on an AA birth
+ Rioli, been in my best 3/4 weeks, great month to be peaking
+ Waterman/O.Allen, 3 goals each for our next generation of KPFs.
+ Yeo is a stud. He turns games.
+ Still a win so no need to melt.

- Hutchings, zero role and zero impact. I'm lost on this one. Was plenty of options.
- Dominating play but not capitalizing.
- The easy goals from after the above...
- Made the Crows look better than they are.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
+Hickey showing why he's Cox heir as best ruckman in the game currently (possibly ever)
+Hickey winning his own clearances
+Hickey dominating Sauce around the ground
+Hickey's ability to read the play dropping back to intercept marks
+Hickey clunking big marks in the forward 50

-Hickey's exhausted shot at goal after DOMINATING the game for 4 quarters.

bigmikles089

Senior List
Sep 6, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Negative:

-Hickey.....would to God Simpson had started playing Williams or brooksby earlier in the season because we get maybe 1 good quarter from hickey per game.
He's going to cost us in finals against quality ruckmen. Poor disposals generally from him as well as poor kicking on goal.

I disagree, thought he held his own around the contest today, especially when the ball hit the deck, few clangers (i.e. that set shot) but there were plenty of boys who underperformed today imo.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
+ Cast your minds back to the Port game in 2018. Port led siren to siren and yet we jagged a win after the siren. There was no champagne footy that day, just an ugly, grinding win. Today lacked the drama of that victory, but was no less significant. Wins at this stage of the season are gold. And we just had one.

Positive: we have locked in the double chance. Or did hawthorn lock that in for us on Friday night?

Technically not yet - if we lose both and Collingwood win both they could get us on percentage.

Currently 117.0 vs 113.9, Collingwood have Adelaide and Essendon.

Gaffy Duck

All Australian
May 12, 2019
Fight Club
AFL Club
West Coast
- Why the * was Matt Crouch left to just do as he pleases. Let the tagger tag ffs
- Adelaide’s sneaky breaking of the 6-6-6 good on ya Pyke
- defense was not great
- Inaccuracy
- Shuey turned over that much he could open a bakery
- If we play like that next week we’ll be made to pay.
- Mids weren’t great as a collective

+ I don’t have to watch that again
+ we won
+ Good kinda game you want before finals
+ Darling AA please
+ Were still top 4. We got this. We can’t control other games and their %, just keep winning

Well done boys

-Hickey.....

Another myth.

033c4b4d83468d8087b871b499363ec2.jpg

Hickey is a good honest trier who is a very replaceable ruck, nobody thinks he’s the second coming of Dean Cox, and I hope we have a better option come Round 1, 2020 (maybe Williams). However, there’s plenty to knock him for without saying things that are objectively incorrect and very easy to prove wrong.

Shocking miss today, was going at 78% on goal prior to tonight. Tonight was his first behind of the season in 16 games. I don’t think that qualifies as poor when kicking on goal.

Last edited:

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Another myth.

033c4b4d83468d8087b871b499363ec2.jpg

Hickey is a good honest trier who is a very replaceable ruck, nobody thinks he’s the second coming of Dean Cox, and I hope we have a better option come Round 1, 2020 (maybe Williams). However, there’s plenty to knock him for without saying things that are objectively incorrect and very easy to prove wrong.

Shocking miss today, was going at 78% on goal prior to tonight. Tonight was his first behind of the season in 16 games. I don’t think that qualifies as poor when kicking on goal.

Look I'm glad for your obsession with me but maybe you should focus on other things...like you know...how hickey is your love child.

Like you admitted twice today he's not a great ruckman and yet you use stats to try and state otherwise even against your own argument.

Just let it go...he's not a great ruckman, you know it, I know it, saints knew it, the footy world knows it.

Back