Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Adelaide

Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
You can say nic nat pushed everything out of himself…. Or you can look at the facts and say he played less than 75% game so he didn’t push that hard….
Next year with our ageing midfield no doubt getting most of the midfield minutes and him on his game time we are going to be gassed in games way before 3/4 time.
I’m not going to argue with you that his conditioning is not up to standard with what an elite athlete should be because we know that’s the case.

With that being the case it was still pretty clear how hard he was putting in and outperformed a ruck who was on the ground 92% of the game in his 73% game time. He wanted that win.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven’t wanted a win in a game so much since the grand final and pretty gutted some major skill errors and brain farts genuinely threw this game away and I’m still a little emotional about it.

Positives:
A generational full forward I’ve been lucky to cheer on for 300 games an incredible personal way to go out.
Nic Nat clearly wanted the win and was pushing everything out of himself to get it for JK.
Jones, again some disposal issues but his willingness to take the game on creates space and puts pressure on defenders.
Barrass 100% should be AA FB.

Negatives:
There’s no way this side should carry shuey redden and gaff in the same team next year, someone, if not two need to go. Especially since if these guys are on the list, they will be getting selected.
Gaff is a WAFL player surviving on a never ending bank of credits. His disposal is horrendous, the game stops when he gets it. Greg Clark 100% should be getting game time ahead of him.
I really hope duggan wants to go home, I’d happily take a third rounder for him.
Bailey Williams fail running into an open goal is a player far to comfortable. Clearly no feel of playing for his spot and needing to kick this goal, just figjam look at me!
Foley is a pretty simple delist, as is Langdon.
The AFL are ruining this game, the HTB rule has become non-existent compared to the start of the year where it was the year to be cracking down on it. Couple that with the amount of throws and it’s pretty clear there’s been an instruction to let everything go. You can’t just change the rules of the game to fit your product for *s sake.
Don't agree with the Duggan call. Loads of long term injuries and deserves a preseason. But yeah otherwise. What the hell happened to Gaffs run and carry?

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Negatives
  • Gaff dropping two chest marks in the first quarter, both turned into goals

Gaff looked like he was jogging behind a zimmer frame today. What confused me was why would Simmo think he would be good at the centre bounces when he had already failed as a half forward and as his normal wing.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Gaff looked like he was jogging behind a zimmer frame today. What confused me was why would Simmo think he would be good at the centre bounces when he had already failed as a half forward and as his normal wing.
tarzan3.jpg

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
I get that, standards have slipped for 4 years. Bit hard to change anything during the year.

List needs a big turnover.

We are befitting and playing at a standard that our ladder position indicates.
Crows list is much better (they are an average team) - we did far better than expected.
Dont want to harp on examples but Fogarty V Waterman just as a single example. We have a lot of dead wood to move on. Our old players are looking very old.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
We weren't playing world beaters the Crows are bog average. They still walked away with it in front of our home crowd despite a dead set legend of the club kicking 8 goals in his final game. Week after week it's astonishment how low we've become and our coach is retained, how?

Lol at the doom and gloom.
Gov, Allen, Sheed, Yeo, Cole, Ledwards, Culley to take over from Hedwards, Gaff, SPS, Foley, Langdon, Waterman isn’t gonna provide any improvement what so ever?
Not to mention 3 top 30 picks with one of them in the top 3, plus we haven’t even seen chesser yet.
Relax
We're 17th with daylight between us and 16th. I hate to break it to you, but we need a little more than 'any improvement what so ever'

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Lol at the doom and gloom.
Gov, Allen, Sheed, Yeo, Cole, Ledwards, Culley to take over from Hedwards, Gaff, SPS, Foley, Langdon, Waterman isn’t gonna provide any improvement what so ever?
Not to mention 3 top 30 picks with one of them in the top 3, plus we haven’t even seen chesser yet.
Relax.
I’m not sure any of those will make a difference given our out dated game plan. And the MC will completely screw up how and where we play the recruits.

I’m relaxed because another season like this one might be enough to signal the need to change

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
What does he add? He’s got a nice haircut
He's got plenty to offer as a quick midfielder who rotates off a flank. He just needs to stay fit and to actually get some consistent game time on the ball instead of the Dad's Army that Simmo seems to insist on sticking with. Look how good XON looks when he actually gets a sustained go on the ball

Spooky17

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It was a shame we couldn’t get over the line for the great man one last time, but that’s footy isn’t it.

Now JK, words can’t describe how special his performance was today. It felt like 50 k people were willing him on, and you could just feel how much he meant to us all. So much love.

And the biggest surprise, for the first time in who knows how long, the team responded too. We hunted with intent, desperate for the ball. Desperate to win.

Jones was tackling and running like an animal, promote that man!

Barrass is an AA lock for mine. Outstanding game yet again.

Shuey, Hurn and Nic turned back the clock and were desperate to carry us over the line.

We had some shocking skill errors and some dodgy umpiring calls, but we also played some great, entertaining footy.

While footy next season just won’t be the same without JK for me personally, we got one more truly special performance to remember today.

Thanks for everything JK. You are a legend and my all time favourite player.

4BC66121-1739-4FD1-A5FB-CDC96A420550.jpeg

Last edited:
Man I know you are all hurting right now, but just wanted to say how much I respect Kennedy as a player and a person. Very humble, showed his class and skill tonight (8 goals?! Insanely good!). Be proud that your club nurtured and developed such a player, an outstanding career. Both of our clubs are struggling with young and inexperienced players but I have no doubt there will be future Kennedys to come. :)

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
I dont think guys like waterman and.williams are good enough for AFL. Both miss simple goals.

Not sure about foley either.

Edwards... probably too young to make the call but its heading to be another bust like petch.

Langdon is just depth until he is out of contract.

We CANNOT play gaff, redden and shuey next year. One or 2 of these three need to be moved on.

wirra44

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Force,WAWarriors,SA Spurs
He's got plenty to offer as a quick midfielder who rotates off a flank. He just needs to stay fit and to actually get some consistent game time on the ball instead of the Dad's Army that Simmo seems to insist on sticking with. Look how good XON looks when he actually gets a sustained go on the ball

I’m yet to see this so called pace he’s got , all I see is a bit of a plodder who gets pushed off the ball too easily

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I said it during the game and I will say it again:

When the guy who is about to retire is the one trying to drag his team over the line single handedly, there is a massive problem

I get there were other players that "tried", but its serious indictment that Josh Kennedy was best on ground. The people around him should be stepping up to try to get him the victory, as opposed to Josh trying to kick himself to his own victory

Best of luck in retirement Josh, you are a legend and you will be sorely missed

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just dropping in to say Tom Barass is a fu$%@g star.

Also I've gotta admit I feared going to the game today after the week the Crows have had and having always heard West Coast could be a hostile crowd. None of that seemed true at all, a really great experience and one of the classier fan bases I've attended in a live match.

Farewell to Josh Kennedy, one of the leagues best ever players and seems a ripping bloke to go with it.

Back