S
W
O
R
T
H

Grundy undies.gif

Go.

I have a pseudo-negative, but I dont know if it was just me: the live feed broke down on me several times, and when I got it working Badge and the boys were half a quarter behind live tv. Was that just me?

Had to listen to the bullshit barracking from channel 7.
Sorry mate. There's an inbuilt delay of about 15 seconds but sorry to hear that. Something obviously went crazy with the stream for you.

Positives for me:
+ Liam Ryan stars in QLD again. He will drive us in the hub.
+ Jack Darling involved in everything, and holding his marks
+ Contested marking in general was huge. Few intercepts, but several down the line.
+ Ah Chee went when it was his turn time and time again. Quiet game statistically but important.
+ Hurn's best game of the season
+ TOM COLE'S FIRST CAREER GOAL MOTHER*erS.

Negatives:
- Midfield soundly beaten. Had loads of possession last week and lost, so maybe this is fine? But we'll need more from them if we're going to run the table
- Jetta was lively but didn't have his radar in. The experiment should continue though, he's the type to bob up with three goals from nowhere, but he wasn't clean tonight.
- Ruck battle was more even than it should have been despite Nic Nat dropping in his usual magical clearances.
- Shuey string?

Three wins from three games and we're top four, if not better. Tick them off campaigners.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Positives
A wins a win, 4 points we needed.
Ryan continued form
Redden was a handy inclusion.

Negatives
Our robotic keepy off crap footy plan moving from the backline. Real good sides love us playing crap like that, they will easily counter us and just wait for our guaranteed skill error.
Lack of contributors continues to hurt us.
Our midfield clearly are not competitive unless it hits them directly on the chest.
We are an uncontested footy team, always going to struggle when teams play us one on one.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
could have really put this game to bed in the first half but lack of polish with skill and intensity hurt.

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
That was an appalling commentary display...
by the Fox “experts” that is! 🤣

An ugly scrap of a win. I might be going against the grain here, but I think this team NEEDS that. We need to be able to win in this manner. This is our lot in life for the season. No Top 2 means even 3rd or 4th is just one final at home. We are now a Queensland based team, playing at night, game after game. We have to find a way to win, we were able to do so tonight, and hopefully can work on some things, namely our clearance and stoppage work, ability to win ground ball in our forward 50.

Going to be tough work. But I don’t think we should just fold... yet! Compare tonight to the start of the first hub... 👍

ThePuma #9

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, FC Barcelona
+ Got the four points
+ Ryan was huge
+ Cole and Darling were also good
+ Didn’t touch it much but O’Neill is class.
+ Hurn was pretty decent as well
+ Set shot kicking was elite

- Midfield was absolute trash. Kelly and Sheed missing
- Shuey injured? Why did we risk it?
- Missed tackles kill us and we are struggling around the ball so much right now.
- We look tired and slow at the moment
- Ah Chee does NOTHING. Talk about playing a whole season and doing * all.
- If Hutchings is in the side and isn’t tagging then I don’t think there is a place for him. Too slow and one dimensional.

We get Kennedy back next week but that doesn’t mean much if we don’t get the ball forward enough.

Relieved we got the win but worried for Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bunderson

Senior List
Jun 9, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Cole, Hurn, Darling Ryan +++++

We marked everything +++++

can't put teams away --------

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Jack Darling was a beast. 4 contested marks, 2 goal assists, 2 goals and he stays on his feet after contesting the ball which is very noticeable as he is one of few who can impact the ground ball with a second effort after bringing it to ground.

Liam Ryan won us the game in the first half. Played 98% TOG so it is to be expected that his defensive running cababilities would be limited and yet he still did quite well to cover his opponent. He is a weapon.

Hurn's best game of the season for kicking and contested intercept marking as well. Keep it up Hurn, we need that steady rock down back to move the ball through.

Give Jetta more time up forward, he will get better, first game back for a while and was willing to back himself, he is skilled enough to turn that around and bag a couple goals in those situations.

32 inside 50s for the game and 27 tackles. Just listless and lifeless movement on defence and then through the corridor we choked numerous times.

Lost stoppage cclearances 14-23, to be honest I didn't think we even cracked double figures for that stat given how poor we were.

Midfield getting schooled.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Wanted a little more from OA tbh. Midfield got spanked. I don’t care if ah chee smashes packs, he needs to get possessions and kick goals.

I'm big on dropping Ah Chee most weeks, but can't see who replaces him next week really. Having said that, I suppose anyone could match his output so maybe it's a lot easier to replace him than I think

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
+ Finally able to watch a game live. First time in well over a month.
+ Ryan, Darling, kicking at goal and contested marking. Those two players and those two features - of which Ryan and Darling were a big part of - was the difference between winning and losing.
+ Got the win not playing great footy. Can't win them all like millionaires.
+ Just maybe it will be the start of us getting some confidence back in Queensland.
+ Some good players to return from the sidelines (hopefully that includes Yeo).
+/- Playing good footy I guess, but not great footy. We'll still be around the front runners come seasons end but good doesn't win flags. We need to find another level as the seasons progresses.
- Shuey. Why would he have been out on the ground in that last quarter at all. There was never a super serious danger of defeat. And to have him on with less than 5 to go with the game probably 98% in the bag - an outrageously poor call that is.
- As a counerpoint to above, rather than give us confidence, might knock it down further with a so-so win against a non finalist opposition.
- Midfield was poor and no pressure without the ball. Better teams will torch us with that sort of time.
- That switch off coming into half time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back