Review Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs - Rd 11, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

In the first half, we fiddled around with it too much. There's something to be said for playing more direct football.

Also, we missed a lot of tackles or allowed Dogs players to get their arms free and give it off. We also still get opened up through the corridor too often.

Much better after HT though when we went up a gear with our ball movement and workrate.

Negative: The AFL.

There are two points of contact you need to check. Did the kick get touched off the boot? Did the kick get touched on the line?

How do they not have both covered? If the footage exists, how do they not have access?

That's still frame doesn't show it was touched. Not saying it wasn't, but that's not conclusive. Should be another angle at the same that together would prove it

Anyone notice the quality of Darling’s ruck work in the F50 this year

Reckon he’s delivered a number of goals

Man it was good to see his launch today - he showed it last week but delivered in spades today

You know when he’s halving 2 on 1 contests that he’s on

Negative

My eye sight is slowly going with diabetes. Can't make many of the players out on the ground any more. Will have to eventually watch via tv only.

$hit happens

Anyone notice the quality of Darling’s ruck work in the F50 this year

Reckon he’s delivered a number of goals

Man it was good to see his launch today - he showed it last week but delivered in spades today

You know when he’s halving 2 on 1 contests that he’s on

Reckon him winning a few inside 50 hit outs through sheer strength has been a bit of a catalyst for him gaining more confidence around the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+ Hurn as always
+ Shuey as always
+ Duggan
+ Darling, finding that immense pack crashing sticky hands ability. Just his kicks needs to be a bit sharper
+ Not losing our head after half time and ramping it up to crush them
+ Vardy had a good day today, thought he had some good touches and showed intent
+ Everyone in the league must be in awe of our defense
+ Schofield back to his best
+ % boost
+ Cripps (my fav. player riding that wave .. yeah boi
+ Allen and Waterman both did well today as well, showed up and played hard

~ Yeo not as influential as before, but he was good. Not + / - here.

- Our first half was shaky. We kept turning it over on our 50, not getting those kicks in and then dogs would run it back and kick a minor or goal.
- We needed to run it more as the dogs did, in the first half - their running ball was a pleasure to watch. I guess that's what you get with a shorter side
- Dog's haircuts: I've always hated them as a dirty, bogan (think Danny Southern) side.. hated T. Liberatore, with his son looking like an icecream wrapper with those terrible tattoos.
- Would've loved to see McGovern smash that turd into pieces.. without consequences of course
- Umpiring was shocking today for a year I think where the umping has been alright for most of our games
- 50 metre security zone penalty MUST GO, or at least, let's update the rule a bit. Ideas?
- Crowd should have been pumping the Eagles until the last minute. Everyone went quiet when we were pummeling them: shouldn't be giving any credence to our support base being half-way fans. :|

Last edited:
Hats off. What a display in the second half. I was overall pretty happy with how we played, which was weird considering we lost by 60 points haha.

Well done guys! Can we have one of your small forwards pls? Actually can we have 2?
You can have Josh Hill back

Hats off. What a display in the second half. I was overall pretty happy with how we played, which was weird considering we lost by 60 points haha.

Well done guys! Can we have one of your small forwards pls? Actually can we have 2?
Murray Newman and Ashton Hams have officially requested a trade to the Dogs.

Your guys had some nice passages of play and moved the ball into the forward line pretty well, they just struggled to defend when we went forward.

It was Pavlich that said that re: Barrass. Some sort of setback but from what he was waffling on about I took it as being weeks ago. His ability to cast a negative is amazing, this was when Healy was talking us up and saying he couldn’t believe we were 5th in flag betting.
Yeah wouldnt be surprised if pav is just talking crap.

Barrass said himself on backchat this week that he is 3-4 weeks away from playing at least at WAFL level....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back