Review Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs - Rd 11, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Professionally done.

+ Jack Darling, break out game. Reward for a few very good weeks after a dismal start to the year
+ JAKE THE SNAKE
+ JK loves playing the Dogs
+ Yeo and Shuey terrific again
+ Loved Duggan’s game
+ Eagles after half time, elite. Simmo knows best campaigners.
+ Ryan, Cripps and Gaff work their asses off, it opens up so much for our movement
+ Clinical in front of goal, really nice
+ Traitorous I know, but I’m happy for that Gardner kid to kick a late goal

- Hurn injured?
- Tackling was off throughout despite threatening to be massively on early
- Couple cheap ones late a bit of a dampener
- Another week of premature melts. Sometimes two teams of professional athletes have to throw a few punches and counter punches before the better team pulls away. The lack of patience on here is always astonishing. Jack Darling scored more today than Carlton, just so we’re all on the same page of what an actual disappointment looks like.

8-3. Game clear in the top four. Played all of the top nine except Richmond. A big statement to be made at the SCG. Up the ******* Coasters.

Last edited:

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Positives
+ Jack is Back
+ JK into the top 5 of the Coleman
+ Waterman’s breakout game
+ Gaff looking better each week
+ PERCENTAGE
+ hungrytiger looks like even more of a nonce than usual
+ figure09 as well
+ 5 wins on the trot
+ Eagles footy is well and truly back
+ I had a free seat either side of me and it was glorious
+ Game clear in the top 4
+ 8-3 despite an insipid month of footy
+ what premiership hangover?

Negatives
- Took the foot off the pedal when we should’ve won by close to 100
- There were times when they cut us open with their speed
- Caleb Daniel could’ve been the difference had his team mates actually contributed
- Probably should’ve been 3-4 goals down at quarter time

Oh yeah. I found a negative. Apparently Barrass' injury is worse than the club let on.

I saw this in the game day thread too - what’s this based on? Did they say something on the broadcast?

This is the first week they’ve given a definitive timeline (six weeks instead of six to eight weeks). Seems odd that would have changed.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I saw this in the game day thread too - what’s this based on? Did they say something on the broadcast?

This is the first week they’ve given a definitive timeline (six weeks instead of six to eight weeks). Seems odd that would have changed.
They spoke about it on the broadcast. Can't remember exactly, just essentially that it was more of a concern than the rest of us were aware.

Positives
Pretty much everything but Waterman and Darling inspiring.
The disappointment in Pav’s voice hehe flog
Another huge showing from the supporters
5 players with under 25 games is amazing
Our jumper :thumbsu:

Negatives
Nothing really, maybe just the slow start again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans

Pavlich said something about it. Probably a typical Freo flog hoping it's worse than it actually is though

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
+ Midfield actually won and gave good supply.
+ Defence intercepting well with fewer panicked clearing kicks.
+ Forwards marking well and converting chances - was the difference.

- Some sloppy goals given away.
- Ball rebounds out of our forward line too quickly if not marked. Can't get the forward press set up in time.

Well done, another great win. Wow. Just wow.

Its bloody scary that the Eagles actually have another gear at least with NicNat the X Factor missing from your 2018 Finals Campaign to return.

The only one concern I have as a neutral observer is if Grand Final day is dirty, wet, muddy and cold. Thats probably the Eagles only weakness.

Always good when a Non-Victorian team dominates the competition.

Negative: The AFL.

There are two points of contact you need to check. Did the kick get touched off the boot? Did the kick get touched on the line?

How do they not have both covered? If the footage exists, how do they not have access?

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Negative: The AFL.

There are two points of contact you need to check. Did the kick get touched off the boot? Did the kick get touched on the line?

How do they not have both covered? If the footage exists, how do they not have access?

Bold of you to assume the AFL are a competent organisation

Bold of you to assume the AFL are a competent organisation

It’s a farce. It favoured us both times this weekend, quelling Collingwood and helping us kick a goal, but the first time it doesn’t I’m going to be the most hypocritical MF on here and call it cheating.

Either get the review right or scrap the review. In the Prelim Final last year they reviewed a LeCras goal and turned it into a point because it was clearly touched off the boot, if they had the shot at Optus then, why don’t they have it now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back