Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs - Rd 2, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I'll agree with you .

All Aus selectors and AFLCA are wrong, bloke on BigFooty wants more marks from a ruck because...reasons.

Move along now mate, enjoy the season. Things are going well for Melbourne, I’ve got a good feeling about you guys this year, this will definitely be the time it all comes together!

Gee guys if only we had a big, strong, manly ruckman who watches Gilmore Girls like Maxy Gawn in the side instead of that Fijian kid. Gee whiz I bet our midfield would look a lot better eh? Probably woulda even won on Sunday.

To be fair Ryan would have had an extra stepladder, and who knows, the umpires might have actually seen that one too.

Move along now mate, enjoy the season. Things are going well for Melbourne, I’ve got a good feeling about you guys this year, this will definitely be the time it all comes together!

Cmon Badge, now thats uncalled for. Its not his fault that everyone else is jealous of their bearded hit-out machine.

It’s criminal that someone could pretend they watched yesterday’s game, see the service he was providing with taps that eliminated every other midfielder and gave us clean inside 50s over and over, and then just chalk it up as “yep that’s one hitout, what else do you have”.

To compare the hitouts Vardy offers us and have the audacity to categorise them as the same stat as the ones Nic gives us should be a criminal offense.
Anyway stats dont lie.

Clearances 41 to 36 Bulldogs - So Hitouts mean stuff all
Stoppage Clearnces 28 to 18 Bulldogs - Again
Centre Clearances 18 to 13 - Eagles - Well done.

Anyway stats dont lie.

Clearances 41 to 36 Bulldogs - So Hitouts mean stuff all
Stoppage Clearnces 28 to 18 Bulldogs - Again
Centre Clearances 18 to 13 - Eagles - Well done.
Stats don't lie, except the stats I provided which are all lies, except for the marking stat I provided which is damning evidence that the All Aus selectors and the AFLCA know less about footy than some bloke who knows a guy who knows a guy who plays for Heyfield in the Football and Netball League.

Jog along now mate.

Stats don't lie, except the stats I provided which are all lies, except for the marking stat I provided which are damning evidence that the All Aus selectors and the AFLCA know less about footy than some bloke who knows a guy who knows a guy who plays for Heyfield in the Football and Netball League.

Jog along now mate.
Im going to jog off and catch some more fish. I've caugt quite a few today need to get more seafood for good Friday. May extend the line a little longer.

I'll let you sit in front of computer all day.

Positives - had no business to be in the match at half time
Negatives - Dogs were clutch when it mattered, we weren't.

I was at the game, overall can't complain, great effort from the boys, just lacking some class. Biggest out was not Shuey or Yeo but Willie - we win this game with Willie, can't wait to have him back.

Lol.

Read the Dogs board and he was by far our BOG to them, and certainly the player they feared the most. Most impactful ruckman in footy and it’s not close. Take your boy Gawn for instance, who everyone is saying had a phenomenal game on the weekend.

Gawn: 95% TOG, 40 hitouts, 17 disposals, 5 turnovers, 3 clearances, 2 inside 50s, 6 score involvements, 2 tackles, 5 marks.

Nic Nat: 72% TOG, 40 hitouts, 13 disposals, 2 turnovers, 11 clearances, 7 inside 50s, 8 scores involvements, 5 tackles, 2 marks.

For a bloke who has had more knee recos than Melbourne kick goals in a prelim, being smart with his game time shouldn’t be a problem when it ensures he dominates like that.
agreed honeybadger, i think the last two times nicnat rucked against the bearded bufoon,gawny went crying to his mni home google

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we glue Duggan's mullet back on?
actually thought about that the other day,hes a keeper and will improve ,we were up against a much quicker siide on sunday, i thought we did well to stay in touch with them tba

The umps not paying that Ryan mark still baffles me.
How tf could they possibly even see that it was touched?
Pretty sure the ump said "we didn't get a good enough look to pay it"
WTF!!!! 3x umps out their and none of them could get into a position to see a mark inside 50 coming up the middle of the ground. Joke.

Along with 2x deliberate OOB, the 2x non paid hold the ball deep in our 50 that were called play on for Bont to go down and kick the sealer.
Countless unpaid throws that always seemed to start a chain of 698 handballs.
Didn't quite have the rub of the green with the umps, we did get a couple of good calls but not the telling ones.

Kicking into the mark, really????? schoolboy mistake.

Good game and not too upset, they were in front when the siren went but the fact there were 10+ lead changes means it was anyones game and we just weren't in front when it mattered.

JK kicking like a gun.
Barrass was superb.
Hurn Def on track to 300 gamer at this rate.
JJ won't be sub again, great endeavour.
Thought Langdon was ok considering he had half a ton of tape on his face holding but plugs up his nostrils.
Rotham is quite silky and makes good decisions.

We so badly miss a fit Yeo and Shuey.

I suspect the club doesnt "burn" after losses. Simmo doesnt strike me as the type of coach who plays up the emotional side of the game very often. He's very "business as usual".
Its not up to the coach to make the players feel a loss. They are competitive beasts- each of them will be pissed at that one and hopefully it will steel them. Take a look at NN in the Amazone doco- losses eat at that man.

actually thought about that the other day,hes a keeper and will improve ,we were up against a much quicker siide on sunday, i thought we did well to stay in touch with them tba

Duggan was quite poor. Tried a lot of dinky little tap ons and fed the Bulldogs the ball plenty.

JD telegraphing his intent to play on and getting done HTB is also a major annoyance of mine. He's got a history of it. Trying to be the hero and pull off the highlight and he fluffs it. Incredibly good looking. Incredibly dumb.

Duggan was quite poor. Tried a lot of dinky little tap ons and fed the Bulldogs the ball plenty.

Duggan's been quite poor overall. I dont think he has grasped his role yet.

When Shuey is fit I wouldnt mind seeing him replace Duggan, with Duggan then replacing Cole in the backline.

Duggan's been quite poor overall. I dont think he has grasped his role yet.

When Shuey is fit I wouldnt mind seeing him replace Duggan, with Duggan then replacing Cole in the backline.

I thought he looked good in the preseason, but there's an issue with time or chemistry that's having him come unstuck in the real games.

If we need a defensively minded midfield rotation I'd be happy for him to play the shutdown role. Maybe that will bring him into the game more. His issue yesterday wasn't so much positioning to be involved, though, he was just fumbly and rushed whenever he got near it.

I thought McGovern was pretty good today.

Gaff is not standing up. He is basically offering us no more than Masten used to. He’s regressed massively to a completely ineffective waste of salary cap.

I know we can’t rob our midfield but he hasn’t been damaging for a long time now and is playing the role of a B grader that we could get at 1/4 of the salary. I wouldn’t be averse to trading him but I feel like his value is at an all time low

To my mind even in his last couple of years when Masten wasn't getting significant disposal numbers and was primarily playing as a 'defensive winger' I thought his disposal was significantly more damaging than what Gaff has shown so far this year. Yes he would get caught holding the ball basically once a game every game but he was harder at the man and the ball than what Gaff has been showing.

I would go as far as dropping gaff from the side if shuey is fit for this weekends game.

Good consistant ruckman go the distance....Grundy, Witts, O'brien the list goes on.. They all stay on the ground for long periods so it tells me Nic Nat fitness is way below standards. Anyone agree?
Listing Grundy and O'Brien as good, consistent ruckmen is an interesting choice.

Sick of losing the close ones. We're nearing the end of our window and have only 2018 to show for it. WA based clubs have to finish top 4, preferably top 2, to have a genuine shot at the flag. We've blown a real shot at it for the last 2 years running because of dropping games that we could of won, we've got to start winning these ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back