Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

You're a moron.

Reid is undrafted, stop believing the hype. Nothing is guaranteed. Could still win the spoon anyway if North beat Gold Coast so stop with the doom and gloom crap.

Wish all the sooks celebrating losses would just leave, it's ******* tiring.
If it's tiring then that's on you, might be time to jump off big footy for a bit.

Sent from my CPH2069 using Tapatalk

Our turnovers were dreadful, particularly in the first-half (see Cole and Petrol).

BUT LET'S BLOODY ENJOY THIS WIN! A lot of positives since the Sydney game.

When we when our next flag with the bunch of youngsters we have now plus Curtin plus a high pick next year, the supporters deriding this result have ZERO right to celebrate that flag.

• Im starting to warm up to how much we paid for Kelly, he has been good all season and deserves our B&F.
  • Lots to like about most of the other players, but was impressed with Trew's last quarter effort. Not sure why he hasn't been get any game time since he looked pretty decent out there with alot of effort and fairly clean ball skills I thought.
  • Im also warming to the idea of keeping Simmo another 1-2 years rather than coughing up a small fortune

Positive: we can still get Reid. Just need to call Gold Coast and tell em that if they don't want us bidding on Walters then they need to throw the game against North.
I've no idea why people are fixated on #1 and Reid. Historically speaking, number 1 picks usually end up being excellent players but perusing the past 20 or so years, few become the once in a lifetime generational talent the media sprouts they'll become. 1-5 is much of a muchness to me and to expedite our rebuild, we should be investing in trade downs, getting in as many top 20 picks as possible.

Winning beats tanking every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Bevo gone. Simmo survives another one.

There’s a once in a lifetime generational talent every year, enjoy the ride.

Love you all.

Simmo giving it the big ones to the media in the post game, this is unreal! Hahahahahahahahaa.

Positives
  • Cripps. Insane.
  • TK
  • Oscar
  • Hewett, Long, Maric will be special
  • JD standing up in the fourth, Gov doing it all
  • Hunt a great pickup.

More to football than sitting on your hands waiting for the next great 17 year old. Loser club s**t. We’ll take a good talent and we’ll build behind the TK/Hewett/Ginbey/Allen/Maric/Williams/Hough Eagles.
Yes we can build a team around TK, Yeo, Hewitt, Ginbey, Allen, Maric, Hough,Long, Culley, Hough, JJ was also good. Next year we get back a fully fit Ryan and hopefully more games into Chesser, Jack WIlliams etc.

need to add some more top end talent and some smart fee agency moves and surprise how fast things change just look at Brisbane and Collingwood were both down the bottom and things can change quick

Yea it was an impressive win. Does make you wonder how we go from the performance against Freo to this in the space of one week though
Maybe the flu talk was true after all?

Given the last month that game does seem to be a massive outlier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reinforces my view that we should only ever have one of Gaff and Sheed in the side. It’s as true now as it was in 2018 - they don’t function together (both one sided, lack pace and not great defensively)
None would be preferable.
Lets Go Run GIF by Paramount+

As someone who was in the wanting the No 1 draft pick, not because i wanted Reid ( i don't think he would ever stay with us long term ), but what we could do with it in splitting it for 2 players, being at the game yesterday it was a weird feeling for me, after not seeing them win in Melbourne for nearly 2 years, it was joyful , but i wondered what we have lost by losing the No 1 pick in the long term, but winning is far more enjoyable than losing, what will be will be in terms of drafting now.

And my attitude has always been i want to see them get in and have a red hot crack and that is exactly what they did yesterday, just a shame we had not seen that more often during the year. Their weren't any passengers in my opinion yesterday, and Oscar has to be our next captain, it is a no brainer.

After seeing that vision of the Bulldogs fans, i'm glad i have never seen that sort of disgusting behavior from our fans towards the players. Football for us is an emotional game, and in the heat of the moment we may over react in some way, but abusing your team like that is unacceptable, i'm glad as supporters we are better than that.

Last edited:
It feels a little like a hole in one with a provisional.
You celebrate it. You were always trying to do it, but not expecting to.
But somehow it just doesn't feel like it should.

Happy we won, you want to end the season in a winning frame of mind to bring it into the next season.
Also it takes that 1st pick mindset out of the equation so we can really go hard next week to send the retiring legends off in style and in a way they deserve.

Kelly, Crippa, Yeo, Gov and Oallen were awesome. What a difference having experience and talent across the ground makes. Imagine having 3 or 4 more back.
We have a good crop of youngsters coming through who are now probably a year ahead of their development.
We didn't let the doggies get a run on at all and kept the pressure on all game.

Simmo's tanking comment after the game was priceless. I really hope the club sticks with him and let's him finish out his contract at least.
It is his game plan that got the win tonight and it is not his fault he hasn't had the players all year to implement it properly and consistently.

It's a pity that likely finishing one place on the ladder different to where it looked like we were going to finish, has ruined any chance of any success that the team would have had. Rebuilding is now literally impossible. Success will never come. Club is ruined. A shame on an otherwise positive day.
you do realise number 2 draft pick is still going to be an awesome player right?
Like all Eagles fans I hate watching them win.

No matter how hard I booed, or yelled at the TV for them to stop tackling, to kick backwards, to drop marks, to kick OOB it just didn't work.

Days like this it's hard to be an Eagles fan.
th-886541278.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back