Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Ya, so I have NFI what the rules are anymore.

Both of Macrae's army are free, he could have dropped the ball and braced.

I reckon that's a poor one and it would create a massive stink if we were on the verge of finals.

Honestly, just make it illegal to bring someone to ground and call it a day.
Touch footy. It’s coming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

positive-

after the siren how rotham celebrated showed how much the win meant to him

think he yelled come on campaigners
Best game I’ve seen from him for a while too. He stopped kicking sideways and back all the time and genuinely looked for other options too. Still did a few back and side but that was fine

Not sure if posted already, a good read especially the "F*ck, Tim Kelly is good" comment.

+
Tremendous team effort. Showed a ton of heart across the board. Lots of contributors.
Stoked for the boys to be able to enjoy a rare win this season.
Seeing some light at the end of the tunnel is important for motivation ahead of an important off-season.

-
It's a pity that likely finishing one place on the ladder different to where it looked like we were going to finish, has ruined any chance of any success that the team would have had. Rebuilding is now literally impossible. Success will never come. Club is ruined. A shame on an otherwise positive day.
Well said sir. Sad but true . We can’t look past the fact it’s mostly North’s fault for blatant tanking but long term they’ll reap the results and this win will be the biggest loss in our clubs history

Might be in the minority here but I really like what SPS brings to the team as a forward.

He doesn't hit the scoreboard enough and that's certainly an area of improvement for him, but his pressure and especially clean skills and composure at ground level give us a real point of difference I reckon.

Had a couple of moments on the weekend where he got the ball in traffic and could've easily blasted it forward like most players would, but he had the composure to just lower the eyes and kick it to a player inside 50. Two nice kicks to Hunt and Cripps inside 50 and both converted.

I also really like his chasing and harrassing. Had 25 pressure acts and 7 tackles on the weekend which is pretty good for a small forward. I know he's not the most popular on this board but I think he's shown enough to warrant another year on the list.

Might be in the minority here but I really like what SPS brings to the team as a forward.

He doesn't hit the scoreboard enough and that's certainly an area of improvement for him, but his pressure and especially clean skills and composure at ground level give us a real point of difference I reckon.

Had a couple of moments on the weekend where he got the ball in traffic and could've easily blasted it forward like most players would, but he had the composure to just lower the eyes and kick it to a player inside 50. Two nice kicks to Hunt and Cripps inside 50 and both converted.

I also really like his chasing and harrassing. Had 25 pressure acts and 7 tackles on the weekend which is pretty good for a small forward. I know he's not the most popular on this board but I think he's shown enough to warrant another year on the list.

All good points and I think he's also pretty good in traffic and can win a contest which is useful as we're pressing up a bit harder with this gameplan.

He may not be a natural forward but he's a massive improvement on shoehorning a C grade midfielder like O'Neill there or god help me Foley again.

And hopefully we have better availability next year and can run SPS, Petch, Ryan, Cripps through the midfield a bit.

Not sure if posted already, a good read especially the "F*ck, Tim Kelly is good" comment.

"Actually, the biggest question (for me) is why they won. They have nothing to play for, the Bulldogs had everything to play for, and no one would’ve grumbled over another honourable loss. Sure, Adam Simpson came out after the game and said he’d been hurt by talks about tanking, but if you’re rooted to the bottom of the table and lose to a team fighting for finals, no one bats an eye. Plus you get Harley Reid.

Probably.

Point is, had West Coast started hot and faded, no one’s gonna call them out for tanking.
Plus you might get Harley Reid."

Sad Ben Affleck GIF

And he rocks the long sleeves week in, week out.

Long sleeve peril was a sight to behold 😍

Couple of days on and this still makes zero sense. With the season dead, buried and pissed on all those senior players put in their best games for the season all at the same time just in time to cost us Reid. And the Dogs spraying them left and right can EAD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back