Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

"Actually, the biggest question (for me) is why they won. They have nothing to play for, the Bulldogs had everything to play for, and no one would’ve grumbled over another honourable loss. Sure, Adam Simpson came out after the game and said he’d been hurt by talks about tanking, but if you’re rooted to the bottom of the table and lose to a team fighting for finals, no one bats an eye. Plus you get Harley Reid.

Probably.

Point is, had West Coast started hot and faded, no one’s gonna call them out for tanking.
Plus you might get Harley Reid."

Sad Ben Affleck GIF
Meh, Harley-Schmarley, have moved on from the Harley fantasy. Would prefer a clutch of high end players for the same ticket price.
Rewatched the game without emotions, some good signs, team spirit, damn Kelly was smooth, could build a team around him! ((; Must be worth the trade by now?

Meh, Harley-Schmarley, have moved on from the Harley fantasy. Would prefer a clutch of high end players for the same ticket price.
Rewatched the game without emotions, some good signs, team spirit, damn Kelly was smooth, could build a team around him! ((; Must be worth the trade by now?

Nah man, emulating Norf is the key to success.

Harley will go to North and we'll still win a premiership before they do.

Who's to say Harley wouldn't have wanted to move back to Victoria after a few seasons anyway?

So many ifs and buts.

Harley will go to North and we'll still win a premiership before they do.

Who's to say Harley wouldn't have wanted to move back to Victoria after a few seasons anyway?

So many ifs and buts.
Or get injured...Venables anyone? Just saying, many sniffs+butts!

Last edited:
Offer on the table to Dev for four years. The ladies on the board must have checked him out when his jumper ripped off on Friday.
I think Dev Rob looks OK but I'm pretty uncomfortable with giving him 4 years. Granted he wouldn't command a whole lot of money but it's still a list spot you're committing for 4 years on a guy who is... not bad, I guess?

It's the same reason I was against both the reported McGovern and Gaff deals on principle - salary cap and list spots are scarce. There are only so many guys you can overpay or overcommit a list spot to. At some point it's better just to let that opportunity go and seeing what else you can do with those resources.

I don't know anything about him but it seems like Robertson likes Brisbane, likes playing for Brisbane and isn't particularly homesick or desperate to otherwise get to WCE. So why are we bothering?

I think Dev Rob looks OK but I'm pretty uncomfortable with giving him 4 years. Granted he wouldn't command a whole lot of money but it's still a list spot you're committing for 4 years on a guy who is... not bad, I guess?

It's the same reason I was against both the reported McGovern and Gaff deals on principle - salary cap and list spots are scarce. There are only so many guys you can overpay or overcommit a list spot to. At some point it's better just to let that opportunity go and seeing what else you can do with those resources.

I don't know anything about him but it seems like Robertson likes Brisbane, likes playing for Brisbane and isn't particularly homesick or desperate to otherwise get to WCE. So why are we bothering?
I thought the same thing!4 years??????

Couple of days on and this still makes zero sense. With the season dead, buried and pissed on all those senior players put in their best games for the season all at the same time just in time to cost us Reid. And the Dogs spraying them left and right can EAD.
Honestly the most infuriating thing. I don’t care that they didn’t intentionally throw the game (I would rather they didn’t) but to pull this sort of effort out now is insulting to those of us who have sat through some absolute shite this year.

Why now when the pressure is off and there’s nothing to play for do we suddenly see that they can do it if they want to.

It’s good to see a win for a change but choosing to show up in the second last round of the season is bullshit, no matter what draft picks are on the line.

I’m not buying that this’ll be good for us long term because we’ve had these sorts of wins over the last 3 years and it’s done bugger all. All it was was the seniors carrying the side again before inevitably hitting the medical room and checking out when it actually matters.

With the Dev Rob one I was actually watching quite closely after the game to see the players reactions and his. Seemed to have one of his better games with the Lions and looked stoked to win. There was a little bit of celebrating with team mates but not as much as many others celebrated together.
Just seemed a little odd like a thumb among fingers. Could have been looking too much into it but it just stood out a little to me is all.

Would like to get him as I think he would have a role in the team which is why I was watching the interaction with team mates.

Or get injured...Venables anyone? Just saying, many sniffs+butts!

Only on BigFooty does the youth and potential matter more than actual results.

"Yeah we may have a single digit winning percentage over the past three years but at least we got the #1 draft pick!"

Only on BigFooty does the youth and potential matter more than actual results.

"Yeah we may have a single digit winning percentage over the past three years but at least we got the #1 draft pick!"
Only if the #1 draft pick helps us to get back into the finals/win the next flag.
That's the general long term view imo, not trying to emulate Norf.

Only if the #1 draft pick helps us to get back into the finals/win the next flag.
That's the general long term view imo, not trying to emulate Norf.

It's based upon the flawed assumption that the #2 or #3 pick will be a spud, or will deliver at a level far below what the #1 pick would do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm confident we'll make the right choice on draft night. Out and out Brander Busts are few and far between.
Yeah because we don’t allow our first picks to fail that often. Duggan might not be getting games at other teams for example. Chesser would have been delisted mid-season at a few clubs :smilev1:

It's based upon the flawed assumption that the #2 or #3 pick will be a spud, or will deliver at a level far below what the #1 pick would do.
I don't think anyone has said that though.

It's more than Reid strikes everyone as such an exciting player to watch so the disappointment of missing out is palpable.

Reid strikes everyone as such an exciting player to watch so the disappointment of missing out is palpable.
How much of that is driven by this media obsession with the ‘next Dusty’ though?

I mean, for all we knew at the time based on the hype, Cam Rayner was a guaranteed superstar, what with his fend offs and his dusty haircut.

How much of that is driven by this media obsession with the ‘next Dusty’ though?

I mean, for all we knew at the time based on the hype, Cam Rayner was a guaranteed superstar, what with his fend offs and his dusty haircut.
I guess you can only control what you can control.

I think part of my over/reaction to losing to the Dogs was my overriding lack of faith in the club doing anything right atm.

Probably illogical but it's there nonetheless.

Rayner is still a very good player. If the minimum you’re getting is Rayner with the potential to be Dusty or Danger then you can’t lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back