Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Carlton (feat. Tom Cole Speed-posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

4f065c4b518dc691fd5b34dd0979c0d6.jpg

+ We won
+ We won at the G
+ We won at the G while losing the free kick count (16-25)

- Eddie McGuire got paid for that

I’ve got some thoughts on the game, but it’s probably better if we never speak of that again.

Last edited:

Positives - I decided not to go to the game and we won at the G

Negatives - I put 10 on lecca for most goals and gaff most touches for a large return. Clenching till late in the 4th.

-Kennedys lack of pre season is showing
+Cole, Nelson and Rioli did some nice things
This.

+A win in Melbourne at the G
+Cole & Rioli
+Winning ugly

-Kennedy quiet
-Eddie
-Most forgetful game of footy I can remember for a while.

Negatives
Lack of effort does not relate to ground dimensions.
Poor skills do not relate to ground dimensions.
One dimensional forward entries do not relate to ground dimensions.
Standing up to pressure does not relate to ground dimensions.

Positives
We got the points in a piss poor effort.
Brad Shepherd was very very good and can hold his head up high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, I guess I’ll do this then;

+ Tom Cole was terrific. Poised, agile, aggressive but not biting off more than he could deal with. Great game.
+ Sheptember in April
+ Yeo is a gun
+ Masten’s 2018 has been terrific. He was clean in key moments, found the ball plenty and slotted a ripper goal.
+ Willie is really clever. The tap ons open up so much.
+ Nic Nat killed another man
+ Gaff shits me plenty of times but no denying his work rate.

- Coaching. Big Simmo fan and staunch defender of him over the years, but we got owned by Bolton today.

Carlton sat two behind the ball all day hoping to occasionally forge forward on a turnover, and we let it happen. Could have put them to the sword with a few adjustments and refused.

Poor game Simpson.

- Accuracy and composure in the forwardline. Perhaps a byproduct of having so many players flooding our 50, but everything was hurried and blasted at goal. Set shots woeful.

- Commentary was truly woeful. Muted for long stretches, just an unfathomably bad performance from the callers. Would have been embarrassed listening to that as a Carlton fan.

- Brendan Bolton. Yeah, yeah, you won the coaching duel massively (thanks to our reluctance to change anything), but imagine trying to develop a squad of footballers by telling them to go out there and just not lose by that much. “Hey boys, go forward if only necessary, but keep it in the back half if you can.”

See you in September you negative campaigners.

+ Sometimes you just have to win ugly
+ Cole
+ Have plenty of good kids coming through!

- Just a s**t game from us, really terrible. The ending summed it all up, 2 late goals to them.
- Eddie the fat campaigner can * off.
- JK is way off, our F50 entries were rubbish.

We looked flat at the end and rightly so, not a win to celebrate.

+ we won at the G

- everything else.

Seriously. About as unconvincing a win as you can get against a spoon contender.

Im a bit concerned that we rereally only looked decent when Naitanui got on top.

Nobody had us at 4-1 after 5 rounds.lots of work to do but very happy with the result.it will make a huge difference come end of the season.when was the last time won won two vic trips in a row??;)

It's safe to say we've lost that flat track / junk time magic from a few years ago considering how the 4th quarter went down. I'm not even sure if that's a positive or a negative after the debacles that were 2014 and 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back