Positives and Negatives vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Phew.

+ Sheed clutch
+ Nic Nat beast mode yet against
+ Kennedy extends the lead atop the Coleman
+ Allen and Waterman really grew into the game
+ Rotham much better, very reliable
+ Brad Sheppard. What size jacket do you wear mate, cause you’re getting one this year.
+ TB got some grief for dropping marks, but he was getting chopped a fair bit I thought. Needs to play smarter regardless - BUT when he decided to go the spoil consistently we looked impenetrable.

- Small forwards quiet again. I crave Willie :)
- Our structure was horrendous in the first half in the exact same way as it always is vs Carlton. They play the same double spare every time. We don’t man it up every time. First half should well have been our undoing. We rarely get beat structurally and yet you can put it in with biro that we will against Carlton.
- Bizarre umpiring. We got some, they got some, it was a general head scratcher of a time. If an opponent got that Jack Darling HTB and goal I’d riot. Cannot be this hard, everyone has a good sense of what the rules are in that we all know the howlers when we see them. It just can’t be this hard.

Survive and advance. Six in a row. Fourth place with a game in hand on Brisbane in second and just 2% behind them. Fire up campaigners.

-Barras trying to go the mark in the second on at least 3 occassions and dropping it. Cost us goals and play the percentages and spoil it

+Dom Sheeds best game of the season

-Umpiring was atrocious. Both sides will be asking questions about some of the decisions today

Anyone worried about our ability to execute when it's wet and slippery? Thought Carlton were all over us in the first half when it was wet, and we only started to get our game going when it dried up. Bit concerning after what happened when it was wet and slippery during some games in the QLD hub

SOME TEAMS GET ALL THE LUCK

Jump Through Window GIFs | Tenor

Any win this year is to be treasured. Carlton are a developing side so this was always going to be a challenging fixture, even at home. In top 4 with a game to spare.

We dearly miss Rioli this year. Not only for his forward pressure but also his creativity. Im not convinced Ryan was 100%, hopefully he pulls up ok.

Liked Darlings game. 2 goals and 3 goal assists, but it was more a Darling from 2018/19 performance. If we can have both going, look out.

Our defence held up pretty well. 7 goals from 44 entries that Carlton had. Not ideal to give them that many though.

IMO game turned when Pittonet came back on, before that De Koening was neutralizing Naitanui

I thought Pittonet was much better in the third quarter than De Koening was in the first half.
I know that the commentators were talking him up but seriously Naitanui was putting the ball on a platter to our midfielders in the first half (we just weren't capitalising on it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone worried about our ability to execute when it's wet and slippery? Thought Carlton were all over us in the first half when it was wet, and we only started to get our game going when it dried up. Bit concerning after what happened when it was wet and slippery during some games in the QLD hub

Been worried about that for the past 10+ years TBH. Even a hint of moisture and we turn to s**t, basically our kryptonite.

Yes, especially if we have to go back up to Qld to finish off the season. Simply need a plan B for slippery conditions. We have the players to be a good wet weather side.

Early forecast is for rain next Sunday. Make of that what you will. I for one would like to have at least one game where it pours to see where we're truly at in those conditions.

That 10-15 minute burst in the 3rd was a joy to behold.
Kelly is so strong over the ball

Not really a positive or negative but we got the best of the umpiring in back half of the game,
Nic should have been pinged a couple of times taking it out of the ruck and not disposing properly., getting a bit cocky

Forwards were all over the shop in the first half, got sucked up to the ball and when they hung out the back the kicks came in short.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back