Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Cockburn

Remove this Banner Ad

First time our backline has been missing all of Hurn, Gov and Barrass since Round 5, 2014.

Settled in after an early hiccup and then didn’t let in a damn thing after half time. * me, I know the mid depth conversation is worthwhile, but there’s no disputing our ability to s**t out quality KPP’s at will.

+ I love Freo so much. Get around them everybody.

MajesticPeskyFurseal-max-1mb.gif

TK is going to get the accolades for his 2nd half but to my eye it was Redden who played the unheralded game in the 2nd half when the game was on the line. Probably his best effort since the 2018 finals series to my eye.
Glad to see someone recognise Reddens efforts. He’s been among the best in every game I’ve seen this year but for some reason just doesn’t get the praise

TK is going to get the accolades for his 2nd half but to my eye it was Redden who played the unheralded game in the 2nd half when the game was on the line. Probably his best effort since the 2018 finals series to my eye.

He was absolutely terrific. He has been slandered on here in BF a fair bit lately, no longer up to it, people said, well he certainly put them down. A whale of a game against Fyfe.

While we’re all up and about: one of our own is doing it tough at the moment and if you’re feeling like turning your good mood into a good deed, please have a look at the GoFundMe for AxialMat.

Holy *, will throw some in when i get paid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-Flat track bullies again at home. This counts for nought if we don't beat the Hawks next week
This was different. Less coralling. More physical. More direct. I don't think we would have stood up against some of the stronger teams so getting the class loser was good timing. Maybe it gives us some hope.

Sure, we bullied them but they asked for it. I bet straight after the game they went crying to the AFL.

Havent seen him mentioned but Shepherd so rarely gets beaten 1 on 1 and prett ymuch all his disposals from HB to the wing hit the leading player on the tit. Such a gun.

Fyfe is a better player than him, but gees shep knows how to play in a team, plus he’s an absolute gun. Not sure I’d change that draft pick to be honest.

+ Waterman hitting the scoreboard. He just has too much goalkicking nous to float around as a spare defender.
+ Kelly in beast mode, finally! JJ also very good.
+ Swatting Freo like a bug when this game means so much to them. Every derby I'm reminded of Raul Julia's line from Streetfighter the Movie: "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday."

- Langdon is still pretty crap? I dunno, I'm not mad about anything really.

I think more need to come to the realisation that Fremantle exist to dilute the WA market and ensure WCE don’t get too powerful, we aren’t supposed to win flags or dominate games, just take a cut from their finances and ensure every WA doesn’t go back there. We aren’t a port Adelaide just a counterweight with an ironic anchor identity
1619950783756.png

Well a win's a win, and it was a pretty satisfying one.
Now to back it up next week with an away win.
Not many candidates to lose their spot next week.
Will there be any issues with us being allowed to enter Victoria or do we have to quarantine?

Positives +

+ Kelly a gun with 42 disposals. Career best game. Wish he can do this consistently.
+ Gaff standing up from last week.
+ Sheed also stood up and damaged them.
+ Redden was great. His second half efforts were excellent.
+ Allen was superb in defense especially when moved onto Tabernar. Shutting him down for the second half.
+ Edwards will be a gun in the making, looked a bit lost early on but took some nice grabs and made some good spoils. Was a better matchup on Lobb.
+ Jones played very well and showed from class and polish. Was also important on why our forward pressure is better with him in the side. Worked harder and linked up well with teammates.
+ Duggan was great with his rebounding and penetrating kicks.
+ Cole was alright, would have make way until Bunga comes back though.
+ Nic Nat on fire with some accurate taps and became an extra inside mid.
+ Darling was excellent. Dragged Cox high and kicked goals.
+ Kennedy was great as well.
+ Managed to win without Bunga, Barrass, Gov, Shuey, Yeo and Ryan. Cockburn near full strength lol.
+ Vardy was pretty good in my opinion and I've been highly critical of him.
+ Shep standing up and being the new leader of the backline. Looked like a better leader than Gov for me. Almost never beaten one on one and kicks cleanly to he wing.
+ Rotham showing he's a gun. Many think he's mid sized defender but he's 193 cm so he can play tall. Will be very important when Gov and Barrass get back.
+ Witherden was a big steal, I'm sure the Lions will be regretting it. Was great with his kicking and composure. Clean on ground level too.
+ Petch was pretty decent coming back from injury.
+ Cripps was poor and fumbly in the first half but came back strongly in the second half.
+ Brander will be a future gun in this midfield, was great today. Belongs at AFL level. However, that dropped mark could've costed us the game if it was late and less than one goal apiece.
+ Waterman being the perfect third tall complimenting JK and Darling. Works hard as well being a overall link up player.
+ Finally winning the final quarter.
+ Great intensity shown by the team.

Negatives -

- Allowing them to attack the corridor at times.
- Langdon looked a bit fumbly and didn't provide enough pressure like Jones did. If he doesn't improve, Rioli will take his spot come round 23 provided Jones and Cripps maintain consistency.

Finale Thoughts.

It was a nice to win eleven straight against Cockburn. We should be getting Bunga possibly Barrass back against the Hawks. If we don't beat them then it's confirmed we're home track bullies something we don't want to be labeled as. If Sheed, Kelly, Redden, Gaff and Nic Nat can maintain their home form away then we should have a good chance at being 9-4 at worst by the time the bye comes where we'll have an easier draw. Langdon is only our weakest point but hopefully he can improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back