Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Cockburn

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the game again without the emotion, boy Jones has some skills, one touch kind of footballer. Whatever that role was we gave him this week, I hope we keep him in it. Thought he was one of our very best.

Also liked Cripps game, clearly his best this year. Some errors, and for many parts a bit kind of game- but when he’s got the ball streaming forward 70m from goal things happen more often than not.

Strangely, I didn’t think Kelly was going to be the medallist at 3 quarter time. Kicking at times was a bit off, thought Gaff was getting it. He’s ensured he will have someone tagging him on Sunday, especially since he let that slip how nice it was to be let off the chain.

Watching the game again without the emotion, boy Jones has some skills, one touch kind of footballer. Whatever that role was we gave him this week, I hope we keep him in it. Thought he was one of our very best.

Also liked Cripps game, clearly his best this year. Some errors, and for many parts a bit kind of game- but when he’s got the ball streaming forward 70m from goal things happen more often than not.

Strangely, I didn’t think Kelly was going to be the medallist at 3 quarter time. Kicking at times was a bit off, thought Gaff was getting it. He’s ensured he will have someone tagging him on Sunday, especially since he let that slip how nice it was to be let off the chain.
Kelly, Sheed and Redden were bit average in the first half. Sheeds and Reddens intensity and even disposal was average and TK didn’t use it as well. Those three lifting in the second half won us the midfield battle

He looks to have good core strength, moves very well through traffic. He and Duggan had some very subtle crazy angles on Sunday.

Wow

So enjoyable to watch. So many positives. Too many to list.

Club should be applauded for sticking with Brander
Yes your right,but every game he plays he takes a short step in a contested situation.Bit of a worry that! Every player does it at some stage but he is on the regular list.

FKASC something I'd assume you would have noticed. Reddo's tackling numbers have taken a hit since covid and averaging less than he did in his debut season.
View attachment 1118167
Also disappointing is his playing number has reduced by over 70% since he arrived at West Coast.

Whilst this is true, its worth noting 0 crowd influence this week. But agree, we comfortably beat the Hawks next week to get our 1st away W for the year or we are just making up numbers.

So bored at work, did a comparison of disposals per game

Home
Duggan 24
Kelly 31.5
Sheed 29
Redden 29.75
Gaff 31.25

Away
Duggan 18
Kelly 22.7
Sheed 20.7
Redden 21
Gaff 21.3

Some big drop off's across the board there, albeit from a small sample set this year

HoneyBadger35 some stats for the pod?

Last edited:
Reporters take: "So if an indigenous person looks at the hand gesture they get punched...I hear you loud and clear Mr Kelly"

Ahh yes but you see, in today’s world, only white people can be racist, so it doesn’t suit the narrative of those vying for gold in the Virtue Signalling Olympics to include the indigenous player who was also making the gesture. 😉😂

I read somewhere he asked simmo to not make him a role player and just let him play his brand of footy,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Cole in a game where the whole side was good he was poor, really hope he isnt suffering from head knock

I'm firming in my view that this year is his last roll of the dice. I think he's been pretty average all year. Lacks intensity at times - review his game against Geelong, turns the ball over and appears to sh!t himself sometimes.

Hurn's form was pretty solid prior to getting injured. If he can pick up where he left off, I have no qualms in giving him another year - he's good enough at this level. Meaning Hurn, Shep, Nelson and now Witherden are all above him in the medium-sized defender department.

Time to trade him.

I think langdon played ok .small forward isnt always a high possession spot and he got a goal or 2.
Ideally he'd be a handy back up but with willie,cameron and ryan out not sure what everyone here expects

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The goal he got that he actually meant to kick should’ve been paid a clear mark to Darling. Had control well before late punch knocked it out of his hands.

Classic Darling game really, how to turn a six goal performance into just three.

Can think of 1000 companies / charities that deserve a donation over the Eagles.

Like I said, very poor form. They should look after their members, not trying to extract every cent they can out of us.
Did the same thing last year IIRC. Asked us whether we would like to donate it and then a few weeks later called to try and change my mind after I asked for my membership fees to be rolled into 2021 as credit.

Not sure what other clubs did but that plus their lacklustre fan engagement effort doesn’t exactly fill you with huge amounts of pride

Last edited:
Did the same thing last year IIRC. Asked us whether we would like to donate it and then a few weeks later called to try and change my mind after I asked for my membership fees to be rolled into 2021 as credit.

Not sure what other clubs did but that plus their lacklustre fan engagement effort doesn’t exactly fill you with huge amounya of pride
Nah default option last year was rollover and we ragged on Freo and others for taking your money by default and making you 'beg' for your money back.

Well doing s**t like this by default makes me take my money back, a default should always be we haven't provided with what you paid for here have it back and then provide options. Don't treat people like mugs.

Problem is a) He struggles picking up the ball and b) Prone to brain fades

So bored at work, did a comparison of disposals per game

Home
Duggan 24
Kelly 31.5
Sheed 29
Redden 29.75
Gaff 31.25

Away
Duggan 18
Kelly 22.7
Sheed 20.7
Redden 21
Gaff 21.3

Some big drop off's across the board there, albeit from a small sample set this year

HoneyBadger35 some stats for the pod?
*siri define flat track bully

Nah default option last year was rollover and we ragged on Freo and others for taking your money by default and making you 'beg' for your money back.

Well doing sh*t like this by default makes me take my money back, a default should always be we haven't provided with what you paid for here have it back and then provide options. Don't treat people like mugs.
I’m a Victorian member so I’m not sure if it was different over there. It was only around $150 for us so the stakes were a lot lower, but the follow up phone call was a little irritating

Kelly, Sheed and Redden were bit average in the first half. Sheeds and Reddens intensity and even disposal was average and TK didn’t use it as well. Those three lifting in the second half won us the midfield battle
disagree with Redden and also gaff to a lesser degree. They both pretty well kept us in the midfield battle in the first half along with Sheed. Kelly was ok in the first half an turned it on after that.

I'm firming in my view that this year is his last roll of the dice. I think he's been pretty average all year. Lacks intensity at times - review his game against Geelong, turns the ball over and appears to sh!t himself sometimes.

Hurn's form was pretty solid prior to getting injured. If he can pick up where he left off, I have no qualms in giving him another year - he's good enough at this level. Meaning Hurn, Shep, Nelson and now Witherden are all above him in the medium-sized defender department.

Time to trade him.
The way he tends to fall over makes him seem worse than he is. He gets to the right places and is definitely AF L level. Wonder if it’s time to try him as a mid or small forward

The way he tends to fall over makes him seem worse than he is. He gets to the right places and is definitely AF L level. Wonder if it’s time to try him as a mid or small forward
Both he and Nelson have similar strengths and weaknesses. Neither are super reliable under pressure down back, but Cole has really plateaued in the small defender role since 2018.

disagree with Redden and also gaff to a lesser degree. They both pretty well kept us in the midfield battle in the first half along with Sheed. Kelly was ok in the first half an turned it on after that.
Gaff was bog in the first half. Neither Redden or Sheed were as poor as Kelly in the first but both lacked intensity and defensive pressure. They made mundy look like shuey bursting out of stoppages/play at times. They pulled their fingers out at half time and with Kelly destroyed their midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back