Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies fan here hope you guys don't mind me popping in, was at the game yesterday and must say I missed the Nic Nat injury. Shattering news not only for you guys but for all football lovers. Congrats on yesterday, showed our boys what a good hard running side can do to you. Best of the luck for the rest of the season guys.

Everyone is flat at the moment. Just devastated for him. One of the best guys in the game. Kudos to your Capt for his comments on Twitter.

+ Hutch turned an ugly pie-floater into a dagger!

Goals from the midfield are critical and every top side gets them. Great to see Redden, Hutch and Gaffy regularly hitting the scoreboard. These are the ones that keep you in touch in tough periods for the forwards or turn small leads into match winning leads.

I think I’ll be savouring the replays all week, such a huge win.

Yeo is now our most important mid - without Nic, Elliot is the one who brings the relentless attack on the ball and man.

Was great to see Venables get a lot of time around clearances, he was in the right spots more often than not. Great decision by the MC.

Jetta and Waterman set up some absolute beauties in the 2nd & 3rd quarters. I know they’re prone to the odd howler but the way they went about it yesterday is exactly what we need from them.

Great write up mate.

Absolutely spilled my load into my jocks reading the Hutchings part. You're a good human being and I thank you.

Its funny how outside supporters and general footy watchers can see how great he is for us but our own supporters struggle to do so. I dont think we would have won the last two games and got our season back on track without his shutdown jobs and scoring.

Duggan - a lot has already been praised in this thread as well as his ability to father offspring from afar with a 360 windmill mark. But really enjoy his hardness at the contest and how he no longer just tries safe options. Him and Cole are a great 1. 2. back line duo.

Vennables took a step forward. Is unselfish in the forward line when you think a young player might like to gobble a goal especially when he is perhaps borderline best 22 in there here and now. His defensive running at pace is really good to see.

Waterman - at the MCG he provides that link as the 3rd tall with a tank that makes our ball movement not stagnate at just forward of the wing.

Naitanui - if the worst is realised while a huge loss anyone imagining scenes from last year where we couldn't get the ball out of the middle and lost stoppage after stoppage there a couple of things that are different this year. We have Lycett who as others have pointed out is a reasonably well performed ruck this year in his own right (bar the Essendon game). The other is that we no longer are being polite to or have aging slow midfielders in our midfield lineups. We won't be as damaging at a hand full of contests that Naitanui would win outright but we will still be competitive and that is the difference. Bar Richmond most other teams have injury concerns to key players so our forward line if it stays healthy is still a point of difference.

Its funny how outside supporters and general footy watchers can see how great he is for us but our own supporters struggle to do so. I dont think we would have won the last two games and got our season back on track without his shutdown jobs and scoring.

Priddis says hai.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's absolutely clear when he has a run-with role to play he is valuable. I don't see him as a starting mid without one of those roles.

Priddis says hai.

Without wanting to start up the Priddis debate again I dont think its the same. Priddis was the opposite case where a large amount of people kept saying he was good when he was obviously past it, as we have seen since this year when we've been much more competitive in the middle and won games no-one expected us to without him. Hutch has maybe three supporters on this board, and the rest just leave his name in the "out" section of their changes for each week no matter how he plays.

I think it's absolutely clear when he has a run-with role to play he is valuable. I don't see him as a starting mid without one of those roles.

There's always a mid worth trying to limit in the other side and if Hutch can keep hitting the scoreboard and getting the the pill 15-20 times he will be playing every match he's fit.

Macrae or Hunter get Hutched this week. Venners will have JJ throwing his toys out of the cot by half time.

I know you dont, but i think he adds value in multiple roles, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I think this is the first time I've actually entered the Hutch debate ;)

I meant it in a positive way BTW.

There's always a mid worth trying to limit in the other side and if Hutch can keep hitting the scoreboard and getting the the pill 15-20 times he will be playing every match he's fit.

Macrae or Hunter get Hutched this week. Venners will have JJ throwing his toys out of the cot by half time.
Like this...

Have been a Hutch supporter foe ages. Not everyone can be a star and you can't afford that anyway.

Hutch is a solid foot soldier who plays a critical role for us. If he restricts the oppositions best to 15 odd touches and gets close to that himself and snags a goal or two he has had a great game.

Job done.Well done!!......waterman is in our best 22.I dont want to ever have to say it again!!!!
...Venables..man this guy works hard to get into the contest.His gut running/chasing/tackling is at the very core of what we are trying to achieve as a footyt club.
...Willie? i love you!
... NNs gone.Look back in sorrow but move forward.Vardy and Lycett need to become the bash brothers.More important than tap ruck work will be their second efforts.Big bodies crashing into the contest.
...Im with a few posters on here in wondering about Ryan.Does he have the work ethic needed going forward? Ive posted a few times that we want crumbers/tacklers not high flyers.
...Isnt it nice to see JK smashing people in tackles.
....Looonnnnng cold showers are not nice.
....I posted last week the Sidebottom is a softc##k.Him and Pendelbury are both soft.

We ARE the new Hawthorn.We played a hawks brand of footy.Kudos in a big part i imagine to Mitchell.
Yo is potentially the best footballer in the country.
Reddan stay right at the feet of the ruckmen.Is Don!
Great defence,great forward line and a developing midfield led by two big powerful units.
Our biggest problem is now a mental one.Believe!!

Last edited:
Have been a Hutch supporter foe ages. Not everyone can be a star and you can't afford that anyway.

Hutch is a solid foot soldier who plays a critical role for us. If he restricts the oppositions best to 15 odd touches and gets close to that himself and snags a goal or two he has had a great game.
The biggest thing is that he is kicking straight.....for now! How often was he taking shots from 35 out and all you could do was cringe.And when we were in trouble it always seemed to be him getting crucial shots.Maybe its practice makes perfect.Best 22 ATM.

Priddis says hai.
Amazing how we went from a non performing midfield to beating gws midfield

Remember that final last year where their midfield torched ours.

What changed - oh thats right we got quality mids like jack redden and elliot yeo in at the end of last season

Gawd when i used to listen to people twatwaffle on about how priddis needs more quality around him

Then watched the 2015 final at subi against hawthorn

Then watched him time after time leave us a man down on a fast break.

Then amazingly hes gone and we have a midfield that dominates teams - doesnt just scrape in to break even but puts them to the sword.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back