Review Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed this. Also noticed he started his run way early almost every time and think should have been penalised
Pendlebury did it a couple of times too. Can’t believe they didn’t get pinged for it. In fact Pendles went into true half back one time before the umpire had bounced it. Should have been a 6-6-6 warning or infringement

The pies were well drilled and disciplined for this one. Very few long bombs inside 50. All the teams (with talented midfields at least) know they have to limit Gov and Barrass intercepts and are playing the same way. The question for Simmo is what to do with Gov's marking power if he can't influence down back. He doesn't seem to like throwing him forward to get us going the way Woosh would with Hunter. I would have rolled Hurn onto Mihocek and pushed Gov forward for 5 minute bursts, force Bucks to to react and change his structure again, especially after Moore went down. He had Hoskin-Elliot down there and Gov would have slaughtered him.

Pendlebury did it a couple of times too. Can’t believe they didn’t get pinged for it. In fact Pendles went into true half back one time before the umpire had bounced it. Should have been a 6-6-6 warning or infringement

What was pissing me off was Sidebum running around the umpire and going earlier each bounce and the umpire doing absolutely nothing.

Edit
Wow pissing now gets censored

"Dead set stupid"
Go fu** yourself. You've got no idea what your prattling on about boat man.

It is dead set stupid when you make comments like JK needs to retire. It is dead set stupid when you say there was no positives in the game where a true footy fan or neutral fan would disagree. We won 3 qrts of footy. we beat pies in Hit outs against arguably the best Ruck man in the game. We broke even in clearances. We had Cameron kicking 4 goals. Of course when you make comments like that you should expect a response that you might not like. The fact that JK is still in top 10 Coleman and has had maybe few bad games does not all of a sudden equate immediate retirement as you have stated. That is why I summed up your comments as Dead set stupid.

Not sure if I am allowed to comment on this board.
Deep Breath,
I congratulated you all on last years Grand Final win and I noticed some have you have come over to do the same thing re last nights game.
We have a great rivalry but a respect for each other.

Your team will move on and be there come finals time.
There is no doubt about that.

Suddenly Barrass and McGovern's high pants joke last week doesn't seem so funny.

Considering they were both comprehensively beaten by an american spud who borderline shouldn't have even been in their side, and a role player.

🤷‍♂️
Yeah, he pulled their pants down.

Deep Breath,
I congratulated you all on last years Grand Final win and I noticed some have you have come over to do the same thing re last nights game.

Was a good game, you guys deserved to win, just wanted it more in the second half and completely outran us

It is dead set stupid when you make comments like JK needs to retire. It is dead set stupid when you say there was no positives in the game where a true footy fan or neutral fan would disagree. We won 3 qrts of footy. we beat pies in Hit outs against arguably the best Ruck man in the game. We broke even in clearances. We had Cameron kicking 4 goals. Of course when you make comments like that you should expect a response that you might not like. The fact that JK is still in top 10 Coleman and has had maybe few bad games does not all of a sudden equate immediate retirement as you have stated. That is why I summed up your comments as Dead set stupid.

You're embarrassing yourself but do go on its funny.

Was a good game, you guys deserved to win, just wanted it more in the second half and completely outran us
Not sure if we deserved the win but history will record it that way,
You have a great team so for me last night proved anything can happen.
Get more games into Nic will only benefit and that Cameron as well a serious talented player.

Deep Breath,

All are welcome on our board as long as you’re respectful and chilled out. Great game last night, your guys showed more ticker when the chips were down and clearly wanted the 4 points more. I sense a great rivalry building.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan copped two big collisions first quarter and looked proppy all night after that.

Looks like Gov copped a knee in the ribs totally coincidentally where he carried broken ribs into the GF.

Cripps blew an abductor.

Nic tweaked an ankle also first quarter and looked proppy too but played on.

Kennedy back from the flu was flat.

Six day break post Derby.

Any wonder we came up short in the last 40 minutes?

We probably thought we would snatch it at the end like we have before.....but didnt!

Second game in 3 weeks we’ve had to run out with one down on the bench + Nic on reduced minutes. That plus a six day break was never going to be an ideal combination.

All are welcome on our board as long as you’re respectful and chilled out.
For sure. Actually my only issue with that is wondering why it doesn't apply to our own fans as well.

Great game last night, your guys showed more ticker when the chips were down and clearly wanted the 4 points more. I sense a great rivalry building.
I'd usually feel more devo after a 1 point loss to a current rival, but in this case it wasn't as painful as usual because we were outplayed by more than the final scoreline reflected. Could easily have been a 4 goal steamrolling.

Negatives: Backline taking far too long to get organised.
Positives: Cameron. More game time into NicNat. The fact that Oscar is still such a newbie but already looks completely at home. Expecting improvement from Barrass, Kennedy & Rioli.

All are welcome on our board as long as you’re respectful and chilled out. Great game last night, your guys showed more ticker when the chips were down and clearly wanted the 4 points more. I sense a great rivalry building.
Cheers TY24
West Coast will be back your seriously that good to not be,I have no idea how to rate the other teams thus far it's a lottery.

For sure. Actually my only issue with that is wondering why it doesn't apply to our own fans as well.

I'd usually feel more devo after a 1 point loss to a current rival, but in this case it wasn't as painful as usual because we were outplayed by more than the final scoreline reflected. Could easily have been a 4 goal steamrolling.

Negatives: Backline taking far too long to get organised.
Positives: Cameron. More game time into NicNat. The fact that Oscar is still such a newbie but already looks completely at home. Expecting improvement from Barrass, Kennedy & Rioli.

You guys do Luuuc,
And I just reading some comments from the West Coast supporters on the c/wood board I found that amazing.And a credit to your Club.

Not sure if we deserved the win but history will record it that way,
You have a great team so for me last night proved anything can happen.
Get more games into Nic will only benefit and that Cameron as well a serious talented player.
Of course you deserved the win, you did an Eagles on us!?
I guess if our coaches are any good, they'll also learn from those tactics,
hopefully before the finals etc.

Mate people are allowed to vent and express their disgust in losses. Doesn't make them bad supporters or emotionally immature.

People invest a lot of time, energy and money is supporting. I guess being emotionally detached isn't so easy for others as it is for you.

I get losing when we arent good enough or when we have different factors like the scg hoodoo but we should not have lost that game in the way we did at home against an out of form opponent.
That was a punch on the guts
s**t happens though. The comp is the most even it’s been in years and you only have to be slightly off your game to get belted. This game was set up for a Pies win.. underdogs, away from home, season in tatters if they lose.. and we still nearly snatched it. It’s disappointing to lose at home from the position we were in, sure.. but we’re still equal second with a pretty easy draw for a top 2 challenger. If we lose one of our next 3 (Dees, North, Blues) then I’ll start getting fairly annoyed but until then just be thankful we aren’t supporting the rabble down the road..

s**t happens though. The comp is the most even it’s been in years and you only have to be slightly off your game to get belted. This game was set up for a Pies win.. underdogs, away from home, season in tatters if they lose.. and we still nearly snatched it. It’s disappointing to lose at home from the position we were in, sure.. but we’re still equal second with a pretty easy draw for a top 2 challenger. If we lose one of our next 3 (Dees, North, Blues) then I’ll start getting fairly annoyed but until then just be thankful we aren’t supporting the rabble down the road..

All 3 danger games if we aren't switched on.
So far we've been playing 2-3 quarters per game all season.

All 3 danger games if we aren't switched on.
So far we've been playing 2-3 quarters per game all season.
Yeah like I said. If we start doing similar things against them I’ll be getting nervous but until then there’s no need to start potting everyone. Of our 5 losses, 3 of them currently sit in the top 4, two of those three being at the Gabba and Kardinya where just about everyone has struggled, and one coming off a 6 day break after two gruelling games and still nearly winning. The other two have at the SCG where we haven’t won this century and against Port (this was our bad one, although Port were playing their granny against us and we still hadn’t turned up for the year).

That form line is sketchy but I’ll think you’ll find everyone else’s is fairly similar. 2 things that have me fairly calm (until we lose to Melbourne next week) is the fact we’re unlikely to step foot on GMHBA or the Gabba again this year and the pre finals bye erasing any of these 4th quarter fade outs. I’d back us against anyone at Optus or the G after 2 weeks off. Guarantee we’ll stand up better than we did last night.

Deep Breath,

Why would we be angry at you? We are just salty cause we lost a close one.

You ran out the game better. It happens.

Why would we be angry at you? We are just salty cause we lost a close one.

You ran out the game better. It happens.

Hey Max zero no I think what I am trying to say is I have respect for your club,
And you will be in the Finals.
That is a given,
Chin up so have a side full of pace and skill and body size and we do not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back