Review Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
A day later and despite this probably screwing our top 2 chances, I haven't been this calm about a loss for a long time.

The drop off was to some degree explainable, and Collingwood were always going to get us at some point. I rather it be in Round 17 over a final.

DanielKerr4

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2003
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Burnley FC
A day later and despite this probably screwing our top 2 chances, I haven't been this calm about a loss for a long time.

The drop off was to some degree explainable, and Collingwood were always going to get us at some point. I rather it be in Round 17 over a final.

This. I feel the exact same. They wanted it more last night. Inevitable we’ll meet again in September and I think we’ll get the chocolates.

We were just outworked on the night, number of our players were down and we lost by one point. Not the end of the world

You have been asked and warned and warned and warned to please contribute in some discussion at some level to this board and have still not done so. Your access to the Eagles board has been removed.
utensil the hammer!
utensil the hammer, it's time for action.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The concerning part isn't the "losing to the second place team by 1 point"

It's the "kicking one behind in 45 minutes of play against a team with a decimated defence".

Out coached perhaps, lack of effort didn't help and a few players playing poorly didn't help but it's hardly the end of the world, just really disappointing to stoop to that level.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
The concerning part isn't the "losing to the second place team by 1 point"

It's the "kicking one behind in 45 minutes of play against a team with a decimated defence".

Out coached perhaps, lack of effort didn't help and a few players playing poorly didn't help but it's hardly the end of the world, just really disappointing to stoop to that level.

Not the end of the world losing the game but I was concerned how we went about things in the last quarter.
That we never tried anything and it was so robotic our kicks out of defence to the exact same spot time after time, it was like watching a replay about 8 times.
Never once did we think this is not working, let’s play the other side away from their big men, never once did we think to go long down the middle, we tried nothing and it became laughable in the end.
They say the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result, the Eagles became that definition last night.

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Not the end of the world losing the game but I was concerned how we went about things in the last quarter.
That we never tried anything and it was so robotic our kicks out of defence to the exact same spot time after time, it was like watching a replay about 8 times.
Never once did we think this is not working, let’s play the other side away from their big men, never once did we think to go long down the middle, we tried nothing and it became laughable in the end.
They say the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result, the Eagles became that definition last night.
That's right, the loss itself I got over pretty quick, the way we played was quite unintelligent and that's disheartening.

More upset about losing Cripps, there's some experience gone from the small forwards.

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
The way collingwood locked it in their forward line that last qtr. Was much like us in the 2018 GF.

Our backs were under so.much pressure that they kept bombing the ball out, the pies set up their wall so it kept coming back in.

Just hope this doesnt give oppo teams a sniff against us meaning wvery bloody game will be a slog.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
The way collingwood locked it in their forward line that last qtr. Was much like us in the 2018 GF.

Our backs were under so.much pressure that they kept bombing the ball out, the pies set up their wall so it kept coming back in.

Just hope this doesnt give oppo teams a sniff against us meaning wvery bloody game will be a slog.

Was a very easy wall to set up, we kicked it to the same spot over and over and over again. Collingwood must of been pinching themselves that we kept doing it.

Eagleboy68

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep, was sitting in block 509 so had good viewing at that end. We certainly panicked. Didnt help our mids were cooked.

Was waiting for Jetta or hurn to kick long down the guts for darling or kennedy mark and run forward for a quick score. Even to get a draw...

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
You have been asked and warned and warned and warned to please contribute in some discussion at some level to this board and have still not done so. Your access to the Eagles board has been removed.

I'm going to miss Fig, it just won't be the same without him.

Actually, that makes me wonder why I actually haven't put him on ignore yet. Guess I won't have to now.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL

okay so what`s the explaination ??

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
okay so what`s the explaination ??
Two weeks of wet weather footy in the lead up and a first quarter injury to a key player against a team desperate for both revenge against us and for a form reversal for themselves.

An explanation, not an excuse. We still should have won.

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
Two weeks of wet weather footy in the lead up and a first quarter injury to a key player against a team desperate for both revenge against us and for a form reversal for themselves.

An explanation, not an excuse. We still should have won.

OK fair enough , it did seem out of character our energy levels for a home game ..

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I think wet weather combined with lower leg injuries/sorenss for NN, Shuey, Ryan. They just didnt seem to be moving all that well. Teamed with Cripps going off I think it was cumulative culminating in that last quarter inability to run out a game.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes at the game it was driving me crazy. I sit just around from the goals in block 309 and on more than one occasion we had two players free on the other side, but Bunga didn't even look that way just kicked to the usual where there was congestion, so no wonder we couldn't clear it and get the ball down our end to try and kick the winning goal😠!

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Only a 1 point loss, felt like a 30 to 40 point drubbing.

Collingwood played out of their skin. We have a lot more upside, is we desire too. But Collingwood have a lot more players to return too.

Lots have mentioned that we ran out of legs.... But

My concern was the centre bounces. On many occasions, Grundy conceeded the ball up. They set up defenseiveky conceeding the ruck knock.
The opposition half nelsoned our entire mids, placed themselves in our jockstraps, and sweated on us fumbling or not taking possession and then waltzing away from the stoppage.

Twice, Nic Nat thumped the ball 30m clear...needed to do more of that.

My concern is our mids go into lazy mode and expect Nic Nat to do the heavy lifting.

But it was only a 1 point loss.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
That's right, the loss itself I got over pretty quick, the way we played was quite unintelligent and that's disheartening.

More upset about losing Cripps, there's some experience gone from the small forwards.
Yes at times Simmo's coaching can worry me as he seems quite stubborn in not coming up with an alternative if Plan A is not working. I know he took us to a flag last year so shouldn't complain, but geez he can drive me to distraction sometimes when things aren't working in that he doesn't change a few things.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm going to miss Fig, it just won't be the same without him.

Actually, that makes me wonder why I actually haven't put him on ignore yet. Guess I won't have to now.
Is Fig's ban permanent? Even though his negativity drove me crazy at times, like you will miss his comments a little bit lol🙄🤔

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Another negative: Someone needs to flog Maynard. Acts tough and lippy. w***er
Dont know why he is lippy . His only claim to fame was that he was on the recieving end pf one of the best bone jarring bumps in grand final history .
Maybe that bump left a chip on his shoulder both mentally and physically

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
Finally had a chance to properly watch the game. Was probably one of the better ones we've played, in patches, this year and was finals-like.

-We need Nic Nat to build to 65% TOG.
-Somebody needs to play a shutdown role on Sidebottom or Pendles. SS was so often in space. IMO this was the difference between the last few times we've played them and this game. If not Hutch, somebody else needs to tag.
- The defence was a little disorganised. I'm sure the Pies have put a lot of work into this.

All in all, I reckon we can take a lot from that game. We can handle probably 2 of the above to be down, but all 3 we're up against it.
Better now than in a knockout final. We'll be cherry ripe come finals if we stay fit.

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
You're embarrassing yourself but do go on its funny.

Ohh I see!!! you are one of those. Pretending you are one of the wise ones. Matey! Everything I said was quoting of your stupid rant after the game. So, If there is anyone that should be embarrassed it's you. Unless you can tell me or explain properly, Why JK has to retire right now?? or there was zero positives out of the game. go ahead kid!! I am listening.Try not to screw this up again.

Back