Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Snake did a lot more than Petro.

I was at the game, and unless I'm seriously mistaken, I saw Waterman in the backline and playing a more defensive game, instead of in the forward line playing a more attacking role (which he plays best). A lot of things went wrong last night in terms of players under/not performing, umpiring etc. but I wonder what would would've happened if we selected Schoey to play in the backline and kept waterman forward where he belongs. We wouldn't have needed to select Petrucelle to replace him up forward.

I was at the game, and unless I'm seriously mistaken, I saw Waterman in the backline and playing a more defensive game, instead of in the forward line playing a more attacking role (which he plays best). A lot of things went wrong last night in terms of players under/not performing, umpiring etc. but I wonder what would would've happened if we selected Schoey to play in the backline and kept waterman forward where he belongs. We wouldn't have needed to select Petrucelle to replace him up forward.
waterman seemed to play as a defensive winger

Do we have anyone who has picked apart the coaching moves?
Obviously Pies protected Grundy from Nic, but why was Sheed on the wing so much?
I would have thought we'd needed him in and under in the absence of Yeo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was over it last night but now thinking about it again, I am not over it. Simpson really f’ed up in choosing Petrucelle.

Petrucelle has been unsighted traffic cone all year and in a cutthroat final he amasses 3 single handballs, with a disposal efficiency off 66.7%.

He had 2 effective handballs all game.

No tackles, no marks, nothing.

And sitting on the pine ready to go we have Lewis Jetta. A player who showed more in his left nut playing in the forward in his games against the bombers and bulldogs than Petch has all year.

This is Mitch Brown 2016 all over again.

Why Simpson? Why did you not back a hardened veteran in an elimination final? Where was the thought process in selecting an unsighted spud that doesnt know how to football? Questions need to be asked and we need answers. A pathetic decision that had huge ramifications.
Didn't Mitch kick a goal?

This. All teams have flog supporters including ours. In saying this, I think Richmond are the only exception. 99% of the supporter base are absolute smug campaigners.

Mate, last night was the worst experience I've ever had at a game at Optus. I will never sit in section 110 again I tell you that much.

Been to 20 odd games, including several finals and have never been through such an ordeal.

Why?

The group of West Coast supporters we had the unfortunate pleasure of having to sit directly in front of.

Section 110, cat 2 seats sitting in front of what I presume is a permanent collection of about 10 standing, pub type seats behind us.

The group all seemed to be regulars, like it was their permanent seats, due to one of the group presumably having of a handicap of sorts.

They were so bad. Mainly a few big fat woman shrieking away. Completely insufferable and terrorising all the well behaved eagles fans around them.

Constant yelling, constant swearing. Just at the wrong time. It wasn't yells of encouragement, it was like they were 1000% trying to be as annoying as possible.

Don't get me wrong, i aint no nanna. I'll cheer and boo and yell at the umps as much as the next passionate home fan, but this wasn't that at all.

If a Collingwood supporter had stood up and told them to shut the * up, i'd have bought the pies fan a beer and gotten around them.

Felt for all the oldies and anyone else around us, my missus included who had to put up with that s**t all game.

All clubs have nuff supporters. All clubs have bogan supporters. All clubs have dickheads. This group was all three.

I think a lot of people on here are being very unfair on Ah Chee. He had a direct hand in getting us back into the game in the second quarter (he was the kick that led to 2-3 goals I think) and was clean in the clinches. It was definitely far more noticeable at the ground than on the TV. He’s also playing one of the hardest positions on the ground.

I think too many people are focusing on his OOTFF, but there were plenty of others who should’ve converted.

Umpires aside, I haven't seen a team score so accurately and ridiculous under pressure goals like that all year, luck went their way.

Overall we played better.

I hope it's not the last chance for players that deserve it, Nic nat, gaff, shep .

Sorry to intrude.

For us Melbournians locked up with stage 4 restrictions footy has become even more of a highlight, and last night was another cracker between our clubs; it was a magnificent contest. The hug exchanged between Ryan and Maynard at the end shows the respect between the 2 sides.

Best of luck and see your mob in '21.

Mate, last night was the worst experience I've ever had at a game at Optus. I will never sit in section 110 again I tell you that much.

Been to 20 odd games, including several finals and have never been through such an ordeal.

Why?

The group of West Coast supporters we had the unfortunate pleasure of having to sit directly in front of.

Section 110, cat 2 seats sitting in front of what I presume is a permanent collection of about 10 standing, pub type seats behind us.

The group all seemed to be regulars, like it was their permanent seats, due to one of the group presumably having of a handicap of sorts.

They were so bad. Mainly a few big fat woman shrieking away. Completely insufferable and terrorising all the well behaved eagles fans around them.

Constant yelling, constant swearing. Just at the wrong time. It wasn't yells of encouragement, it was like they were 1000% trying to be as annoying as possible.

Don't get me wrong, i aint no nanna. I'll cheer and boo and yell at the umps as much as the next passionate home fan, but this wasn't that at all.

If a Collingwood supporter had stood up and told them to shut the fu** up, i'd have bought the pies fan a beer and gotten around them.

Felt for all the oldies and anyone else around us, my missus included who had to put up with that sh*t all game.

All clubs have nuff supporters. All clubs have bogan supporters. All clubs have dickheads. This group was all three.
Bullshit.

You don’t have a missus

Also bad feeling that was our last shot for a while re: finals.

Pardon the intrusion and come in peace, cracking game and both teams deserved winners.

But on this comment, no, just no, you'll be all alone on this line of thinking.

The 'medium' O is being groomed for JK role, who btw should still go around next year such is his dominance. Darling is in prime mode at the minute.

That midfield, no other team could match that on paper - maybe giants.

That back 6 - with depth if required is one of the best in the comp and is not about to fall off a cliff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back