Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Only read the first few pages, couldn’t be bothered with the next 22.

Going against the grain here, I thought Langdon was really good, really tough at, great defensively and stood up in the big moments. Took Kelly a while to settle in, give the kid a chance to learn our style?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree his 2nd and 3rd efforts were great and did some good stuff in the 2nd qtr in particular. As a pressure forward i thought he did his job and is likely to play again this week.

But is it taken from the English or the American version of The Office? I think that's an important distinction.
Good point. Badge is a big UK is better believer and yet used a US gif. Another example of the lack of regard these mods have for morals.

Good point. Badge is a big UK is better believer and yet used a US gif. Another example of the lack of regard these mods have for morals.
source.gif

But is it taken from the English or the American version of The Office? I think that's an important distinction.

American ffs.

UK Office wins by a mile but isn’t appreciated by the plebs.

Will enforce a Brent or bust policy from now on.

American ffs.

UK Office wins by a mile but isn’t appreciated by the plebs.

Will enforce a Brent or bust policy from now on.

Look, I asked for JB vouchers or cash!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 19, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
soccer rugby union and le
Positives- Allen.If your not taking big grabs then work as hard as possible at ground level.Pressure!
- Brander is very composed with ball in hand.Interesting that like all top shelf players he makes the right decision even under pressure.Just needs to be a bit harder at the contest.Hopefully that will come.
- Witherdon was a VERY pleasant surprise.Those 30m daisy cutters tend to work at home when confidence is at 100% but may create problems away when the heat is on.
- Bloody hell Duggan! Not one;not two but three shimmies/candy.Ive never ;and i mean never; seen him so confident with ball in hand. WTF?

Negatives- Xon.He just seems to be constantly skirting the packs without getting his hands dirty.It may be your designated job but when the opposition have numbers then you need to get in there and get stuck in.Tackle with some aggression its lacking in this side and if you can get a handle on it you may be able to cement a possie in the team.
- Cripps,Reddan and Sheed dont go hard enough at the 40-60 ball.Hands are so quick now that coralling doesnt work.
- NN needs to stay down more at centre bounces.Nobody tries to outruck him they just jump into him.When he stays down the opposition ruck generally stays down.Whos gunna react quicker? NN or a lumbering ruckman?

_ We won and we needed to.At the moment its about survival.We must win enough games to play finals.
- IF and its a big IF; we get most players back they will be fresh enough that i think we could win a premiership from anywhere in the eight.
- For the doom and gloomers going forward.OA,Brander and Bailey Williams is not a bad trio to build a team around.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
IF and its a big IF; we get most players back they will be fresh enough that i think we could win a premiership from anywhere in the eight.
Was thinking the same, but not game enough to say such at round 6...!
When you look at the team that just put on that display (yes, at Optus with BIG crowd, against a depleted Pies) - just their intent, hardness at ball, skills, run and persistence - then if we can keep playing near that level, away games especially, till the bye or the cavalry arrive...then we 'should' be a formidable side going into finals! (presuming no further injuries to key players after the bye - even so, we'd have the depth to cover you'd think? Just add Shuey and Ryan, let alone Yeo and Rioli...

Pulsedriver

All Australian
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll give you the skinny on this.

There is no hidden agenda. The mods (or establishment) have no status quo to maintain and have zero official connection to the club to manage their agenda.

This is one of the least moderated boards an BigFooty, very few posts are deleted and if they are it is not because someone dislikes the opinion, but because a post is problematic and in the long run will cause a shitfight.

If you have deleted posts you want to discuss - either call them out here or PM me. Otherwise, park the BS establishment agenda bullshit. HB started a post poking fun at some negative nancies in the match thread. That's it.

I never said there's a hidden agenda, nor did I imply such. I think it's a case of the mods picking and choosing based on their own sensibilities. Least moderated board isn't in question, nor is it the issue. The issue is what you choose to moderate and the discretion you allow for yourselves / mods. The moderating is not about what will start a shitfight either, just what you don't agree with.

The reason I'm posting is because I'm calling out Honey Badger's shithouse OP. It's his OP that's the sort that can start shitfights.

The issue is what you choose to moderate and the discretion you allow for yourselves / mods. The moderating is not about what will start a shitfight either, just what you don't agree with.
No, it's absolutely not. The moderating is never about opinions we disagree with but about what creates more work for us (to be perfectly honest). Again, if you have deleted posts you want to discuss you are more than welcome to raise those.

The reason I'm posting is because I'm calling out Honey Badger's shithouse OP. It's his OP that's the sort that can start shitfights.
So call out the OP.

It has * all to do with moderating.

I'll give you the skinny on this.

There is no hidden agenda. The mods (or establishment) have no status quo to maintain and have zero official connection to the club to manage their agenda.

This is one of the least moderated boards an BigFooty, very few posts are deleted and if they are it is not because someone dislikes the opinion, but because a post is problematic and in the long run will cause a shitfight.

If you have deleted posts you want to discuss - either call them out here or PM me. Otherwise, park the BS establishment agenda bullshit. HB started a post poking fun at some negative nancies in the match thread. That's it.

As a former mod I can reveal there are dozens of secret, hidden agendas. Often conflicting and confusing, but we have to abide by them all or Bill Gates won't send us our cheques.

One week it'll be "please make sure to delete any content that is displeasurable to Mohammed" or "make sure 5G is only spoken about in a positive way". The next week it'll be "keep everyone talking about Rampart" or "don't mention giraffes this month, more instructions to follow".

It's exhausting, and that's why I quit to become a full time charlatan. What do you call someone who makes chairs? Whatever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back