Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Dogs - Rd 18, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

+ Great games by Jetta, Gaff and Masten on the outside. Incisive, creative kicking all day.
+ Lovely ball movement in the first quarter. Some of our slickest play all year.
+ Yeo and Shuey taking control in the middle.
+ Vardy did some nice things.

- Lycett's tap work was putrid. I know he's not a great tap ruckman and that we've been spoiled by Naita, but his taps today were particularly bad.
- Sheppard is in bad form with the ball in hand. Still a great defender but is fumbling and coughing it up more than usual.
- Sheed far too quiet. Had two or three nice kicks, but only had seven touches and no tackles up until the last five minutes of garbage time. You've either got to get the ball or apply pressure. Struggling to do either. Might survive because nobody seems to have put their hand up for selection at East Perth on Saturday.

And wearing sneakers with jeans,apparently only west aussies do that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Had to send son back inside to change after he came out wearing shorts, slides and footy socks to go to the footy.

Best move ever as it might have inspired even more commentary from dribble di*k.

+ Shuey, Yeo, Gaff and Redden are awesome you can tell they want to own the game love their work rate, their skill, decison making.
+ Darling massive game 18 touches 11, marks 3 goals could have had 7
+ Kennedy awesome work rate (sheed take note)
+ Venables was excellent love his speed and chase, he stays
+ Masten & Jetta were excellent both linked up nicely had 57 between them and loved Jetta disposal
+ Cole and Duggan - Love their performance allows Jetta to run and create
+ Cripps finished well
+ Gov excellent

- Sheed. Really disappointing. I cannot belive we dropped Waterman who was good last week for Sheed, GO BACK TO THE WAFL
- Rucks - Maybe Vardy needs more time lets see they come up against Goldstein, Ryder and Gawn over the next few weeks

Masten hit more targets today than 41 out of the 43 other players on the pitch (24 effective disposals). Only Jetta and Gaff had more effective disposals.

Your perception of the game is so clouded by these archaic notions of Masten, it's ridiculous.

Another good wet game by Masten. Proved the doubters wrong today.

Positives.

Vardy - showed he can support Lycett and broght something Nic doesnt have a lot of, marks. Vardy is definately a better mark than Nic and he held 5 marks and laid 4 tackles, Lycett took 4 and laid 6 tackles.

Team mojo looked good.

We won a game we should have......and the Swans didnt.
You summed it perfectly Vardy did his job and as did Lycettl.
Vardy 12 touches, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal = Tick
Lycett 10 touches 4 marks 6 tackles = Tick

Plus our mids are not vanilla mids any more Shuey, Gaff, Redden and Yeo are A graders

Jetta was great. Liked Cripps game as well. Venables getting involved was promising as well.

Windy conditions not great but we had a bit of goal kicking practice out of it

I must admit I was speachless with that ball and all tackle Jetta laid.

One of his best games of the year.
Yep last week 20 touches at 90% efficiency & this week 28 at 89%. However I do feel that Tom Cole and Duggan allow him to play that role which is great. Our backline is like a well oiled machine.

On a separate note Barrass is in the best 22 would happily have him in. Do we bring him in? Also would you bring in Ryan? I say no but everyone I speak to is pushing for him to play. He still needs to improve his work rate

Another negative of late - our slow starts. Happened against Essendon, Collingwood and again today. Gotta be sharper out of the blocks.
Are you serious? They got two early goals through a combination of good luck and two slight errors from our backline who were rock solid after that.
FFS GIVE ME A BREAK.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious? They got two early goals through a combination of good luck and two slight errors from our backline who were rock solid after that.
FFS GIVE ME A BREAK.
Agreed we responded well, same against the pies we took control after the first 5 minutes.

+ Shuey, Yeo, Gaff and Redden are awesome you can tell they want to own the game love their work rate, their skill, decison making.
+ Darling massive game 18 touches 11, marks 3 goals could have had 7
+ Kennedy awesome work rate (sheed take note)
+ Venables was excellent love his speed and chase, he stays
+ Masten & Jetta were excellent both linked up nicely had 57 between them and loved Jetta disposal
+ Cole and Duggan - Love their performance allows Jetta to run and create
+ Cripps finished well
+ Gov excellent

- Sheed. Really disappointing. I cannot belive we dropped Waterman who was good last week for Sheed, GO BACK TO THE WAFL
-
Agree. Why Waterman was left out baffles me. And Sheed showed today he is not worthy of top 22.

Agree. Why Waterman was left out baffles me. And Sheed showed today he is not worthy of top 22.
Tell me about it, Waterman got dropped after a 15 possession 7 mark game he also had 3 shots at goal. Am i missing something? Also does Barrass come back in ? What about Ryan?

A few comments:

I've been waiting for Barrass to slot back in, but I tell you what, Schoey isn't going to give that spot up without a fight. He's doing everything asked of him.

Seeing Masten in so many contested situations (for him), and winning the odd one, is strange and confusing to me. But I like it.

Jetta is playing great out of the backline, getting better game by game. Only downside is his complete lack of ability in the 1v1s, need to avoid those at all costs.

Sheppard is a victim of the high standards I expect of him, but he has been a bit ordinary of late.

Yep last week 20 touches at 90% efficiency & this week 28 at 89%. However I do feel that Tom Cole and Duggan allow him to play that role which is great. Our backline is like a well oiled machine.

On a separate note Barrass is in the best 22 would happily have him in. Do we bring him in? Also would you bring in Ryan? I say no but everyone I speak to is pushing for him to play. He still needs to improve his work rate

We are looking like a well oiled machine across each three areas. Forwards and mids looking good.

I posted a while back our list could go into the finals pretty fit and fresh. Quite a few key players have had quite a few weeks off in injury rehab and so they arent as banged up as players who have played most games.

Kennedy
Darling
Barrass
Shuey
Venables
Vardy
Le cras
Ryan

All have had a fair few weeks in rehab or freshening up. Could bode well in coming months.

We are looking like a well oiled machine across each three areas. Forwards and mids looking good.

I posted a while back our list could go into the finals pretty fit and fresh. Quite a few key players have had quite a few weeks off in injury rehab and so they arent as banged up as players who have played most games.

Kennedy
Darling
Barrass
Shuey
Venables
Vardy
Le cras
Ryan

All have had a fair few weeks in rehab or freshening up. Could bode well in coming months.
When do we bring Ryan in? Not for a final ? But then who goes out of the team? Good problem to have

What changes would people make to today's side for it to be best 22 for a final?

Is it just Barrass for Schofield?

I'm not Schofield's biggest fan but he was fine today and probably defended better than anything Barrass has done this season.
Yeah he was pretty good. But who did the Dogs have to test him? I think Barrass would still be preferred once fully fit. There could be room for both against North but probably not against most sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back