Review Positives and Negatives vs Essendon - Rd 14, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think anyone predicted us winning 10 in a row. The youth came on quick but sustained success over a season involves a fair bit of luck that we haven't had recently. 2nd and first year players have rough patches and that has coincided 2ith injuries to players which we have no replacements for. When JK and JD come back we will be back competing again. We will see in the next 3 weeks if the squad can fight back and improvise to win without Plan A and B out there.
Sam Mitchell and Drew Petrie to pull the boots on again?

Our crumbers actually crumbing might have helped. The talls had zero back up at ground level which was baffling.
As ive repeated,Ryan flies for too many marks.If he went out to play purely as a crumber he would find the odd opportunity to fly.For him to be flying over NN and the big boys is ludicrous.Yes he will pluck the odd one but otherwise hes not on the ground doing his job.I think when we recruited him ,people were dazzled by his marking [ which by the way is spectacular when it comes off ] but i think he is quite gifted in his ground skills; and when i say gifted i mean hes in the Daniel Kerr league.Better mark,faster not as tough.Instead of looking for packs he should look for space.One on one hes a pretty scary prospect for any back pocket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back